AFC Guidelines & TOS
The following rules and guidelines are a basis for all activities found on the A Full Cup website (http://www.AFullCup.com).
Your User Account
- Registration: Information required upon registration for each participant on AFullCup.com must be accurate and complete. You must update such information as needed in order to ensure that the information remains to be accurate and complete.
- Your Username/Avatar: You agree that you will not incorporate any word or graphic in your username, Message ID, custom user title or Avatar that is defamatory, obscene or profane, or which violates any trademark, service mark, or other proprietary/intellectual property rights of any third party, including, without limitation, that of AFullCup.com.
- One Account: You agree you will register only ONE account. If you have trouble with your log-in or password, contact the HELPDESK rather than registering again. Posts may be merged at the discretion of the administration of A Full Cup of any member with two or more user accounts. The owner also assumes that all activities made using your Member ID and password are authorized by you.
- Your User Signature: Referral links in signature lines are for supporting members of AFC. They are not for advertising, unless arrangements have been made through the Site owner. The Signature Rules are posted on the board. Our staff can and will remove signature lines found to be in violation of this policy.
- Uploading Photos to the Photo Gallery: You agree that you will upload only photos that are deemed appropriate for public viewing. The decision of the administration will be final. Photos are also limited in size and disk space per user.
Your Website Activity
- Keep it PG-rated: You agree not to post messages or links that are obscene, profane, sexually explicit or descriptively graphic.
- Inappropriate Word Usage: You agree you will not attempt to bypass the website's censor by misspelling inappropriate words.
- Impersonation: Assuming the character of another member by copying his/her username and manner of writing is not allowed.
- Informational links: You agree not to start a thread for the purpose of dropping a link to a competing website or article. Using status or any publicly available means on AFC to direct people to competing sites is strictly forbidden.
- Topics: As each forum is specifically tailored to address certain topics, you are responsible for initiating new threads in the correct forum. You should stay on-topic at all times. The appropriate content for each forum is described in detail on the Forum Homepage. You also agree you will keep chatter posts within the Let's Chat forum of the message boards. You agree not to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from the Administrator.
- Coupon Usage Discussion: You agree not to discuss using coupons in a manner other than what is expressed in the text of the coupon. You agree not to discuss decoding or sneaking expired coupons by at stores that do not accept them as policy. Our staff will not tolerate such discussions.
- Threats: You agree that you will not use any of A Full Cup's website features to post any material which (a) is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening,invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, (b) infringes any third-party intellectual property or publicity/privacy rights, (c) contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, and (d) promotes piracy.
- Discussion Flow: You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or "flood," cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges. You will not delete your own posts in such a manner that disrupts the flow of dialogue.
- Flaming: Lashing out at other participants is strictly forbidden. Proper etiquette is required for participation in AFullCup.com. You agree that you will not make derogatory comments about any person based on religion, race, gender, etc. A tone of "kindness" is appreciated for all discussions.
- Spamming: Sending unsolicited electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings, in any form, is strictly forbidden. Using status or any publicly available means on AFC to direct people to competing sites is strictly forbidden.
- Trolling: Posting insulting or deliberately divisive threads/replies for the purpose of (1) harvesting retaliatory insults and flames, or (2) throwing off the balance of the forum, is also disallowed.
- License: By participating in the Forum, you agree that the owner shall have unlimited and irrevocable rights (including economic, moral and all other rights that may exist in such material) and license to use, display, publish or communicate to the public, permit others to publish, the Messages, online and offline, for a fee or otherwise, in whole or in part, throughout the world and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed without need of any notice, remuneration, compensation, royalties or attribution to you. Nothing herein, however, shall permit the owner to use the name of the user, or the title of his work, or otherwise to make use of his reputation with respect to any version or adaptation of his Messages which, because of alterations therein, would substantially tend to injure his literary or artistic reputation; or to use the name of the user with respect to a Message he did not create or post.
Trading and Auctions
- Liability: The owners and moderators accept no liability for sales, purchases and trades made on AFullCup.com.
- Payments: Payment options must be listed in each auction. Payment must be received within 10 days after the end of your auction unless private arrangements are agreed upon. All parties involved in either the sale or trade have 3 days to contact one another to exchange final payment method and addresses. All auction or trade items must be received within 10 days after payment is received, unless private arrangements have been agreed upon by both parties.
- Feedback: Feedback is expected to be left for each trade or sale by both parties in the Trader Ratings area. A negative rating may only be left if there is a failure to complete the Terms of Service, specifically those listed in Payments above. Members have 10 days to respond to a moderator to dispute negative feedback left. Moderators have the option of banning any user with negative feedback after the 10 day dispute period.
- Monitoring: The owner may elect, at its sole discretion, to monitor some, all, or no areas of AFullCup.com for adherence to these terms and conditions. Moderators of AFullCup.com control individual forums. Questions about a particular forum should be directed to the respective forum moderator, if applicable.
- Moving posts: You agree that the staff of AFullCup.com may move your post from one forum category to another for the sole purpose of providing you with the best possible information source. You agree you will try your best not to post duplicate content or cross-post (posting the same message in more than one forum).
- Disabling/editing of posts/users: You agree that the staff of AFullCup.com may edit/remove the posts and/or disable the account of any member who does not comply with these community guidelines or any reason deemed appropriate by the administration for the good of the community and its safety. Requests for removal will entail removing personal data, location, avatar, etc,. to protect the privacy of the person but the member account will remain intact because of the nature of the threading of posts within the database. Any user who feels that a Message is objectionable may report said Message by using the Report function available in that message. Upon receipt of such a request, the staff will determine if such deletion is necessary. If deemed necessary, we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable period.
- Public Disagreements with Administration/Staff or Guidelines: You agree that if you disagree with A Full Cup website policy or action of a staff member, you will not post public arguments or disagreements nor attempt to petition the owner/administration to change policy through posts, polls, email, PM or any other service found within the A Full Cup Website. If you disagree, you may respectfully email the owner of A Full Cup. The owner does not endorse or recommend any of the opinions or ideas contributed by its users. However, The owner permits others to make judgments about your Messages.
- Freedom of Speech: You agree that "freedom of speech" does not apply to AFullCup.com as an individualy owned website. Although the constitution of the US guarantees that "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech", A Full Cup is not Congress. The TOS/Guidelines of this website governs the behaviors and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines agreed to during registration, the result is a disabling of your account.
- Solicitations: You agree not to invite, solicit or coerce others to join other websites through posts, email, PM, Avatar, Status or Tag lines, use of A Full Cup membership list or any other resource within the A Full Cup website. Advertising: You agree not to use the Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors, which includes direct posts, Avatar, Status or Tag lines, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet, without permission from the Administrator. You may, however, include URLs or active links to commercial sites, reasonable in number, only for the sole purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions. To advertise on the A Full Cup website please contact: [email protected]
- Advertising: You agree not to use the Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors, which includes direct posts, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet, without permission from the Administrator. You may, however, include URLs or active links to commercial sites, reasonable in number, only for the sole purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions. To advertise on the A Full Cup website please contact: [email protected]
- Copyright material: You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by A Full Cup;.
- Property of AFullCup.com: You agree that content created by this website through the use of posts/threads and FAQ and/or polls remains the property of this website and may be published by A Full Cup in other media forms. The owner is not responsible for any and all Messages expressed in the Forum. The owner does not attempt to control or validate any comments or recommendations provided by the participants and is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Messages. Therefore, you bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the Messages.
- Medical/Legal: Information contained in the Forum, including but not limited to those relating to law or medicine or other fields, is not intended to substitute for the advice or opinion of your own lawyer or physician or professional adviser. You agree not to rely solely on any of the advise or opinion expressed. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the owner be liable for any reliance on any such information, nor shall The owner be liable for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the information in AFullCup.com.
- Revealing your identity: You agree that your identity and account details may be provided to authorities in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you or any other activity on the AFullCup.com website.
- Parental Supervision: The owner encourages parents to monitor their children who are under 13 years of age. While content is moderated to filter objectionable posts, some topics may still not be suitable for children.
- Limitation of Use: The owner reserves the right to limit the use of Forum to any individual or group at any time.
- No Warranty: The owner disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material in the Forum. The owner disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, mis delivery, or untimely delivery of Messages. The owner disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material through AFullCup.com. The AFullCup.com web site and services are provided "as is," and The owner and its co-brand partners expressly disclaim all warranties or conditions of any kind (whether expressed, implied or statutory), including without limitation the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, the owner does not promise or warrant to you that any aspect of the web site and system will work properly or will be available continuously.
- No Liability: In no event shall The owner be liable to any party for any loss or damage, including but not limited to lost revenues or profits or special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages (howsoever arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with the AFullCup.com website, its services or this Agreement.
- Access Limits: Without the prior written consent of the owner, you may not (a) use any automated means to access the site or collect any information from the AFullCup.com website (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts), or (b) frame the site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
- Services, Fees and Charges: The owner reserves the right to modify the services offered by AFullCup.com from time to time, with or without notice, including the right to terminate such services. The owner reserves the right to charge any fees for use or participation in the Forum. At present, however, the owner does not charge any fees for participation in the forum.
- Amendments: The owner reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Such amended terms and conditions shall be effective when posted at the AFullCup.com website.
- Termination: The owner reserves the right to terminate your use of the Forums at anytime, with or without notice. Following termination, at its sole option, The owner may remove some or all of your Messages from the AFullCup.com website or leave it available for public review, without need of notice or approval from you.
- Governing Law and Venue: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, the venue shall be the proper courts of Maryland. If any part of the TOS is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the TOS shall continue in effect.
What If I'm Banned?
- After someone has been banned for breach of the Guidelines or Terms of Service posted on AFullCup.com, correspondence from Moderators or Administrators of the site usually stops. If your access has been denied, this document will serve to answer any questions you may have.
- Why was my access denied? No one has ever been banned from AFullCup.com for reasons other than non-compliance with the posted Guidelines or Terms of Service. At registration, new members are asked to accept the Terms of Service and follow the Guidelines while interacting in this online community. It is a requirement of your membership that you invest in fostering the spirit of goodwill and community. Links to the Guidelines and Terms of Service can be found at the bottom of this page, and on every page of AFullCup.com.
- Am I banned permanently? Yes. Unless you have been told by an Admin or Moderator that the your account was temporarily suspended as a warning, your access to AFullCup.com and any affiliated sites or mailing lists is permanent. When Admins or Moderators ban a user's account, this action means that you are no longer welcome on AFullCup.com at any time.
- If feel this is unfair. Do I have any recourse? A decision to ban someone is not made lightly. and is never retracted. If you feel the need to vent or explain your position, you are welcome to contact us. Site Admins usually do not engage in any correspondence with banned individuals, so please do not take it personally if your email goes unanswered.
- Why was I banned without warning? There is no posted or implied rule in our TOS stating that you will be officially warned before your access is denied. Moderators are encouraged to be fair in reminding people of the TOS and Guidelines. Unless a new member is an obvious troublemaker from the start, or a member is a constant nuisance or interacts on the site in a way that is generally negative or really disturbing, members usually receive a warning from Admins or Moderators via private message, email, or publicly in the forums before access is denied. However, the Terms of Service explain your account can be suspended immediately, and there is no implied agreement that a warning is required.
- What about my constitutional rights to free speech? The U.S. Constitution says that Congress shall create no laws to impede free speech. AFullCup.com is not Congress, and the site is not just for Americans. While AFullCup.com is free community resource, it is a privately-owned web site on a privately owned server with clearly posted rules for conduct that users are expected to honor as a condition of service. Access is not a legal right. It is a conditional gift.
- Can I create a new account? Admins routinely delete new accounts created by banned individuals. If you continue to create multiple accounts after your welcome has been revoked, such abuse of our resources will be considered outright harassment. We will permanently ban your IP address so that you are unable to access even the front page of AFullCup.com, and we file abuse complaints with your Internet Service Provider. In a few instances, we have pressed criminal charges for harassment and taken legal action to cease and desist.