Will Copps/Pick N Save Give An Overage?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

mmessman has posted more than 5 good deals
Will Copps/Pick n Save give an overage?

I see that Copps/Pick n Save has the Ivory 3pk of bar soap on sale for $1 and I have a coupon for $1 which means it would be free (this would be my first real FREE thing I can start my stock pile with). If I go on Wednesday when they double coupons will they give me an extra $1 overage on the other things I buy?

Thanks!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 12:40 PM

RE: Will Copps/Pick n Save give an overage?

Magasner has posted more than 10 good deals
No, my Pick 'N Save will only double up to price of the item.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM

lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Mine doubles up to the regular price of the item. If it normally sells for $2 or more you will get the coupon doubled to $2. If the original price is less than $2 you will get the coupon doubled to the original price. (If it is normally $1.50 you it will show on your receipt as mfc $1.00, Multiplied $.50)
Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM

madisondeals has posted more than 25 good deals
Copps definitely doesn't - they used to, but that appears to have changed sometime in the last year or 2. I've been buying a lot of diet coke lately with those $1 q's and it always "doubles" up to the actual selling price of 1.69.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Robis9806 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisondeals
Copps definitely doesn't - they used to, but that appears to have changed sometime in the last year or 2. I've been buying a lot of diet coke lately with those $1 q's and it always "doubles" up to the actual selling price of 1.69.
I haven't used any coupons there yet but I heard they have a goofy coupon policy, such as a customer can only use one mfr q per transaction. Is this true)
Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Robis9806 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisondeals
I haven't used any coupons there yet but I heard they have a goofy coupon policy, such as a customer can only use one mfr q per transaction. Is this true?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
warmnow
PnS overages

Yes. Pick n Save WILL pay overages tward your other purchases.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:48 PM

lolabear11 has posted more than 25 good deals
At all of my interactions at Copps, what will happen if your coupon were to double for more than the cost of the item, the "doubling" is adjusted down so that you get an item for free.

However, I have used coupons that were B1G1 (or for a Max value) that the cashier had to manually type in the cost of the item - and if you have a nice cashier, they will type in the max value that the coupon allows (even if it's more than the price you paid).

For example, yesterday I bought 2 bags of Halls Cough Drops (on sale 2/$2) and had a B1G1 coupon with a max value of $2.29. They took $2.29 off, so I made .29cents... of course, I bought other things so not sure if I would have gotten the $$ back!

HTH!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 PM

learning more about AFC every day.

My Mood/Status:
jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here's my experience at Pick N Save:

- Remember that the system evaluates the minimum $25 to get double coupons is based on non-sale shelf price, not sale prices. Even if the sale price is a lot lower, I ensure you, doing it weekly myself, your Qs will double if the regular prices are $25 or higher. This will also count the value of any items that will scan as Free in any Buy # Get # Free scenarios. For that reason, do not give the cashier your savings card to scan until you make sure your pre-card transaction is at least $25.

For the first time tonight - 1/28 this did not work for me, so - I'm uncertain if this a permanent change or just a fluke.

- In my experience the computer will adjust doubled Qs down if the -normal shelf price- of the item is less than the amount of the doubled Qs. In that case, it will only double up to the price of the item.

IE - if the normal shelf price of an item is 79 c. And you have a 50c/1 Q to double, you will likely only get a 79c credit - 50 cents for the coupon, and 29 cents for the double.

So - in that case, you might be better off doubling another Q - even if it is another 50 cent Q, if the shelf price of the item is higher than $1 - you'd get a full $1.

- However, in some instances the system will -not- adjust the price down if the item is simply on sale for that price.

IE - something is normally $2.50. It is currently on sale for $1.50, you have a $1/1 Q, and it gets doubled - it may indeed credit you the full $2, thus giving you overage. However, in my experience, this seems to be a very YMMV experience. So - it can be a nice bonus, but I wouldn't base my shopping budget around it. I've only managed severe overage once at Pick N Save, and they actually gave me the 61 cents, .

- Further complicating the issue, is that some Qs will not double if the Q covers more than one item and the individual price of the items is -less- than $2. You will then not get full double credit, or won't get double credit at all. YMMV if the cashier/manager (sometimes this requires an override) is nice enough to realize this and manually key the doubling - some will, some wont.

IE - Beechnut baby food is usually around 65 cents a jar. Frequently coupons covering less than 4 jars (as 3 jars won't cut the $2 limit for a $1 doubling) will simply not double. Sometimes, the system won't take the Q at all (ie - the $1/3 Q automatically beeps that it doesn't have a qualifying purchase as the individual jar price is less than $1.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jbonow1231; 01-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 PM

tupqueen1 has posted more than 50 good deals
I know, a little late to the party here...

It SHOULD double up to the original shelf price ($2 max), as it is in their store policy, regardless of sale price. It will NOT double above the shelf price (Copp's).