Eatting My Words About Pick N Save

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Victorious1 has posted more than 50 good deals
Eatting My Words About Pick N Save

I have despised our local PNS for a million reasons... but, last week I went on Wednesday to take advantage of their 4 day sale: Buy 6 boxes of cereal and get instant $10 off plus free gallon of milk and free dozen eggs - used 6 $1 q's for Cheerios of different sized and variety - were picked over. I also picked up 4 pks strawberries on sale for $1.99. Here's how it played out on the odd receipt:

3 @ 2.89 Cheerios = 8.67
2 @ 3.39 Cheerios = 0
1 Honey Nut rang up at $ .17 (??)
4 @ 1.99 Strawberries = 7.96
<10.00> Instant savings already adjusted
----------------------------------------------
$16.80 total

Then to my surprise - they DOUBLED ALL six of my q's, giving me 12 bucks off!

My total was $4.80 for six boxes of Cheerios, 4 packages fresh strawberries and received 2 q's for this week to get a free gallon of milk and free dozen eggs.

I was very happy!

I got another amazing deal last night too, but - can't find the receipt and this post is so long already. The summary of it was I bought a ham, got a free turkey breast, pkg breakfast sausage and dozen eggs for free but also took advantage of BOGO on YoPlus yogurt, used 2 $1 q's which were doubled and one other thing... but - my total was $3 less than the price of the ham alone.

2 weeks in a row, I left smiling instead of grinding the enamel off my teeth. Yep - I am eating my words about PnS, as frugally/humbly as I can.

PNS 4 day sales run Sunday - Wednesday. I wonder what next week will be??

Anyone else getting into the 4 day PNS savings?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 PM

RE: Eatting My Words About Pick N Save

Back to savings.

My Mood/Status:
purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!
Great job. Which PNS? Is that on the Northside?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
Victorious1 has posted more than 50 good deals
De Forest. The other closest one is Sun Prairie's Copp's.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Back to savings.

My Mood/Status:
purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks, I don't think I know where that store is. I do like Copps once in awhile. I wonder if the Copps on Aberg is participating.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:47 PM

learning more about AFC every day.

My Mood/Status:
jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm glad to hear that other people are having good experiences with their local PnS - personally, I still despise mine, and it takes the draw of a really fantastic deal to convince me to go there - as once I had a rather nasty experience with the local manager who made threats referring to "working on prosecuting people" for their "inappropriate coupon use," and informing that "only scammers use black and white internet coupons."

But, today during a sale the Rozini Smart Taste Pasta was on sale for $1 each and I had one $1 off and 4 75 cents off coupons, so managed to clear four boxes of spaghetti for 75 cents.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 PM

ready to get back in to the game!!!
♥ Surrounded by my boys & I love every minute. ♥

My Mood/Status:
coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have such a hard time even bothering with coupons at PnS Double Daze. Sure, its a great thing to have double coupons - but sometimes I wonder "whats the point" is it worth it? Only 5 coupons, and you have to spend $25 first...

Am I the only one feels this way?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 PM

sanne2009 has posted more than 1 good deal
Even i feel the same way. We need to spend $25 not worth it
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Some of the cashiers also tend to get very bristly about the "double daze" - demanding that you hand them all your coupons at once, so you can't pick which five they double.

Sometimes, if I have additional coupons to use that I'm not planning on doubling, they won't accept them, saying I'll have to buy more merchandise or not double my coupons as you can't subtract from the $25 total.

I wrote to the corporate office asking for them to post somewhere in each store all the rules about coupon use, because it being up to the mood of particular cashiers or managers was a major detriment to planning a PnS shopping trip. They only wrote back saying "Our managers are aware of our coupon policy." Without explaining to me what it is, so, I suppose the true mystery remains.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM

ready to get back in to the game!!!
♥ Surrounded by my boys & I love every minute. ♥

My Mood/Status:
coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!
PnS is ultimately my store of choice - simply because its convenient in location and cheaper for the most part. (compared to Sendiks) and has better variety and choices (compared to Sentry) but man I really hate shopping there sometimes when it comes to couponing.

To be honest, *GASP* I hardly ever use coupons when it comes to food products simply because they've had so many problems with coupons. I could buy $200 worth of food (sometimes, I shop for the entire month and just be done with it) and I'll have a stack of coupons. We're taking TONS of products here - one coupon beeps, they'll go through the receipt, hunt the product, then pitch a fit "Are you sure you bought this product?" Then I have to go through and hunt through the items that have already been bagged and placed in the cart to find it. *sigh* Such a hassle.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:47 AM

happy

My Mood/Status:
4kids920 has posted more than 10 good deals
I felt the same way lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious1 View Post
I have despised our local PNS for a million reasons... but, last week I went on Wednesday to take advantage of their 4 day sale: Buy 6 boxes of cereal and get instant $10 off plus free gallon of milk and free dozen eggs - used 6 $1 q's for Cheerios of different sized and variety - were picked over. I also picked up 4 pks strawberries on sale for $1.99. Here's how it played out on the odd receipt:

3 @ 2.89 Cheerios = 8.67
2 @ 3.39 Cheerios = 0
1 Honey Nut rang up at $ .17 (??)
4 @ 1.99 Strawberries = 7.96
<10.00> Instant savings already adjusted
----------------------------------------------
$16.80 total

Then to my surprise - they DOUBLED ALL six of my q's, giving me 12 bucks off!

My total was $4.80 for six boxes of Cheerios, 4 packages fresh strawberries and received 2 q's for this week to get a free gallon of milk and free dozen eggs.

I was very happy!

I got another amazing deal last night too, but - can't find the receipt and this post is so long already. The summary of it was I bought a ham, got a free turkey breast, pkg breakfast sausage and dozen eggs for free but also took advantage of BOGO on YoPlus yogurt, used 2 $1 q's which were doubled and one other thing... but - my total was $3 less than the price of the ham alone.

2 weeks in a row, I left smiling instead of grinding the enamel off my teeth. Yep - I am eating my words about PnS, as frugally/humbly as I can.

PNS 4 day sales run Sunday - Wednesday. I wonder what next week will be??

Anyone else getting into the 4 day PNS savings?
This sale ends tomorrow here BUT they have buy skippy PB 2/6$ get free sarah Lee bread and free smuckers Jelly. I did that three times... I did the cereal too, with poptarts since we can only use 5 qs to dbl at a time my 1st order was 10.19 & my 2nd was 16.12 but I bout coffee cream and oranges
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM

bethaniejk has posted more than 10 good deals
I don't usually have any problems with P 'n S. I have saved quite a bit since switching my shopping over there, and I love the double coupon days!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 AM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I go every Wednesday and once in a while on Saturday, too, (Saturday is usually so busy). I buy the stuff that I can't usually get at CVS or WAGs when I double the 5 Qs. I usually have to buy the staples (produce, meat, eggs, etc.) that I don't have Qs for, so I can get to the $25 minimum pretty quick. I also use some of the free Qs I get fro writing to companies to get to my $25 minimum and then double the 5 (sometimes it's up t 10) Qs. Not what others get at Kroger or Mejiers (since we don't have them here) but better than nothing for me. I also am surprised once in a while to get a $1 or $3 off catalina on your next shopping trip for buying something. I wish we had better grocery stores in Wisconsin with better doubling policies. I even had a 20 minute conversation with the store manager about the police because I didn't know they wouldn't ake IPs for free items (I had an $8 IP for Dulcolax that they wouldn't take because it made it free...they will only take MQ for frees).
Old 11-10-2010, 03:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
Related this conversation for gripes, rants, praise, or otherwise - I've started this thread as the unofficial-official petition to get Pick N Save added as an official grocery store to AFC, so perhaps together we can help coordinate better deals for doubles day.

Everyone who Pick N Saves, I'd love if you'd drop by here, and give a shout:

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/gener...ml#post3355517

Thanks so much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
wonder has posted more than 200 great deals!wonder has posted more than 200 great deals!wonder has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanne2009
Even i feel the same way. We need to spend $25 not worth it
Me three!
One time I was there and used a $1 off coupon on the simply orange juice and it beeped. They wouldn't do anything about it ! I felt really upset because I know it was the right product. They also had a cover girl item on clearance for 99 cents and I wanted to use a 1.00 off covergirl coupon to get it for free.. But the cashier refused to even scan it. So I just didn't buy the two items and paid for my other stuff.
I went to hy-vee and found covergirl and simply orange juice and the coupons went through fine. Copps is not the store for me anymore.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
jasahj14 has posted more than 25 good deals
They doubled up to 10 coupons this past Saturday. They had All laundry detergent on sale 2/7.00. I got 10 and used 10 1.00 off coupons and they doubled all ten. I got each bottle for 1.50. I was worried because I had never used coupons like that before but everything went smooth.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM

mistyflannigan has posted more than 100 good deals!mistyflannigan has posted more than 100 good deals!
PNS is Big Lots out West. They don't take any coupons but they occasionally have special days with a 20% off total purchase. You mid-Westerners get all the great deals.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
needitfree has posted more than 1 good deal
I love PNS and kill them on the double coupons every week. I dont let them pull any bs on me. When I get in line I tell them to turn their light off cause I do alot of seperate transactions. I only learned about doin it that way when the cashier suggested I do it that way so now I take fully advantage of it
Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Petersam421 has posted more than 1 good deal
I'm not sure about PnS, seems to me that every single time I go into the store in Sun Prairie I spend 80 dollars on 4 bags of groceries. I've been reading what little the double daze policy says about what you can and can't do, and having to spend 25 and I'm only allowed to use 10 coupons seems like a waste of time when to feed my family I normally with out coupons spend 300 a week (just in FOOD!) Prices in general seems to be going through the roof and I though coupons were the answer but Wisconsin has no good stores for using coupons. Does anyone have any ideas, tips, suggestions, anything at all. I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure my budget would too .
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
westlysbride has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersam421 View Post
I'm not sure about PnS, seems to me that every single time I go into the store in Sun Prairie I spend 80 dollars on 4 bags of groceries. I've been reading what little the double daze policy says about what you can and can't do, and having to spend 25 and I'm only allowed to use 10 coupons seems like a waste of time when to feed my family I normally with out coupons spend 300 a week (just in FOOD!) Prices in general seems to be going through the roof and I though coupons were the answer but Wisconsin has no good stores for using coupons. Does anyone have any ideas, tips, suggestions, anything at all. I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure my budget would too .
I agree 100% that Wisconsin does not have great options! When I go to Copps I only buy the coupon deals. Otherwise the other prices will quickly negate ANY savings! We do the majority of our shopping at Woodman's... not very helpful. Wouldn't it be amazing if we had a store that tripled coupons frequently??