Where To Get Cheap Papers In WI?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Looking for buddy fruits IPS, please?

My Mood/Status:
couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Where to get cheap papers in WI?

Hi,
So I usually go to the dollar tree and get my papers on sunday morning, but sometimes I get there too late and they dont have any papers left.

I was wondering where some of you get your cheap/free papers. I have asked the kwik trip in our town and they said that they cant give me the inserts they give them back to the newspaper company.

So if I call up the local paper, the daily citizen in BD, do you think they would give me their extra inserts? If I wanted them out of the Milwaukee paper coupons would I have to call the paper or is there a small place around that gets the papers all the way out here?

I usually only get 2 papers a week because that is all I can afford to get. I would love to get more so I can get more of the good deals. Any help would be great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and a smart carefree little 6 year old boy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Expecting a baby girl
in March with an amazing man
The Following User Says Thank You to couponmommy06 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 09:33 PM

RE: Where to get cheap papers in WI?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

madisondeals has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi-
I'm kind of in the same boat because of job hours and rather than devote time and energy to looking for cheap papers, I have my mom, other relatives, friends, coworkers and anyone else I know well save inserts for me by promising to clue them in on deals for the week and any other questions they have. Most people are more than willing to do this and are amazed when you tell them about the deals you're able to get because of insert coupons and IPs, which amazingly enough, many people have never heard of.
Might seem a little weird at first to make it known that you're a couponer, but it's worth it! I'm not known as the "crazy coupon lady" at work, but I do find catalinas left on my desk from time to time and it's always a nice surprise
In the past, I was getting multiple inserts from unsold papers just after midnight from a convenience store near my house. Another woman that also lived nearby started asking for them too, and once the employees there realized why we wanted them, they started keeping them for themselves and telling us all the papers were gone! Ahh, I knew it was too good to last for long.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 AM

Happy to be saving $

My Mood/Status:
Houseful has posted more than 25 good deals
Places to find coupons

Try your local library on Mondays. I'd also ask any bachelors or people that you know that aren't interested in using coupons. You may try asking on Craig's list as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Houseful For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 01:26 PM

Looking for buddy fruits IPS, please?

My Mood/Status:
couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thanks for the ideas. I will ask the local library. I was also considereing calling the local recyceling center but I dont know how that would work. Do I just ask them if I can dig threw their paper and look for coupon inserts?

and a smart carefree little 6 year old boy!
Expecting a baby girl
in March with an amazing man
Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM

learning more about AFC every day.

My Mood/Status:
jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sometimes representatives from the Journal Sentinel station themselves in local Pick N Saves and hand out free copies of the paper to entice people to sign up for subscriptions. Not sure if they offer Sunday ones or not, but if you shop there anyway, might be worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbonow1231 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 PM

ready to get back in to the game!!!
♥ Surrounded by my boys & I love every minute. ♥

My Mood/Status:
coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!coffeencoupons has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonow1231 View Post
Sometimes representatives from the Journal Sentinel station themselves in local Pick N Saves and hand out free copies of the paper to entice people to sign up for subscriptions. Not sure if they offer Sunday ones or not, but if you shop there anyway, might be worth a try.
When they're offering the deals at the local PNS they do offer the Sunday paper also for free. Only one paper, but Sunday's are included. I've received Sunday papers for free once or twice from them. You never know when they're going to be there unfortunately.

I'm in the same boat as all of you too. I've been asking my fiance's Grandmother to ask the women in her senior center to collect any inserts that no one uses. (Anyone you know that lives in a community and/or an apartment building seems like a great group to ask first)

On average, I get 3-4 SS inserts a week from her. The only downfall is that when I get multiple inserts, I like to cut them all at once. This almost always means I have to wait until I receive them from his Grandmother - which could mean I could not receive them until Friday!

Another great thing is a lot of people are receiving their RP & PG in the mail on Wednesdays, sometimes Thursdays. I'm in Milwaukee and receive them in my Weekender on Wednesdays. Lucky for me, I live in a 8 family apartment building - the weekenders are placed in a little box next to the mail boxes. No one touches them. By Saturday, I have all 8 inserts.

I'd definitely say ask around to friends and family. Just ask, "If you don't use your coupons, do you suppose I could get them from you?" If you get a few people, just pick a day in which you arrange to pick them all up on a specific day/time - or if they are willing to drop them off whenever. Also, when I worked at an office - I posted in the lunchroom that I was willing to take any coupon people weren't using. I found tons on my desk! People are extremely generous and you'd be surprised just how many people toss away their coupons because they feel they're "not worth the time and effort."

Good luck ladies!
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeencoupons For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 AM

I'm baaaaaack!!

My Mood/Status:
sunshinemegs has posted more than 25 good deals
McDonalds sells Sunday papers for $1.00/a piece. I have never had a problem with them running out, but if you want to make sure, just call ahead and have them set the papers aside for you. Works awesome for us.
and of course mom to our kitty Kami

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sunshinemegs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 PM

bethaniejk has posted more than 10 good deals
Great tips, thanks! I usually get them at the dollar stores too, but sometimes they're already gone.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
ephobe has posted more than 150 good deals!ephobe has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinemegs View Post
McDonalds sells Sunday papers for $1.00/a piece. I have never had a problem with them running out, but if you want to make sure, just call ahead and have them set the papers aside for you. Works awesome for us.
Do all Mc Donalds do this? Is it just the local paper? Also what if they have the paper dispensing machines, I would assume then they don't sell them for $1, correct?

I'm looking for cheap Sunday papers to start too. I'd rather not get a sub if I don't need to and I don't really want to dumpster dive.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM

boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
you could try the local small town papers that don't do Sunday papers. Marinette Eagle Hearld puts coupons in Saturday's paper and that one is only .75 cents. I usually look on Ebay and find someone selling the whole insert and they usually list all the coupons (about 4 days before Sat.) then I know if they are good coupons and to buy extra. Hope that helps.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
needitfree has posted more than 1 good deal
I post it on craigs list. You would be amazed at the amount of people that dont even look through the coupons.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
amkmarie has posted more than 50 good deals
I live in Wisconsin, and the dollar tree near me sells Sunday papers for $1.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 AM

jakecarew
Dollar Tree in Green Bay no longer sells papers for $1 but Tracy's Groceries and Uncle Buck's do.

Some of the Brown County libraries accept coupon inserts from patrons; I am one of the volunteers in charge of clipping the coupons and organizing them for a coupon basket at the Southwest branch.

Green Bay Hardees also sell the Sunday paper for $1--last I checked, anyway.

I find the inserts provided to our local paper are a lot thinner and there's usually more ads for polyester pants than real coupons so I order from an inserts service. But the days of those may be numbered because the advertisers are going after sellers on eBay, eBay itself and the coupon services for selling coupons which is illegal.

You can read all about this and more on my website and Facebook page called Green Bay Consumer, part of the Wisconsin Consumer network of money-saving websites. Check out Milwaukee Consumer, Madison Consumer and Eau Claire Consumer, too.

Newspapers are under contract with the advertisers to destroy any remaining inserts; they don't even go to the recycle center.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 PM

Howdy!

My Mood/Status:
soapfairy has posted more than 150 good deals!soapfairy has posted more than 150 good deals!
I'll have to check this out; great tips. Depending on the inserts, it is definitely worth the extra dollar. I subscribed to the paper (26 weeks for $26 dollars) for half-off the regular price of picking it up in the stores.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
mandarific has posted more than 100 good deals!mandarific has posted more than 100 good deals!
As a heads up - while our dollar tree in Janesville has cheap papers, I've found that they don't sell the Janesville Gazette, which has the most coupons of any paper I've found here in town. So the times I ended up getting my paper there, I got less coupons for my buck!

If any of you are near a Sentry grocery also, they sell the sunday paper until I think Wednesday, so if you can't get them cheap, you can always get them later int he week once youv'e got some change
Old 07-14-2011, 06:52 AM

eduardomachadostudio has posted more than 200 great deals!eduardomachadostudio has posted more than 200 great deals!eduardomachadostudio has posted more than 200 great deals!
Im on vacation in Milwaukee, were can I get some inserts? Or newspapers must be only Sunday? Thanks
Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 AM

thankful

My Mood/Status:
dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I don't know where in the state you are, but the Waukesha Freeman has all the inserts in the Saturday paper for $.75. Just found this out from someone on A Full Cup and it has been such a blessing since I was getting so frustrated with the journal sentinel only having smartsource in my area.

-Dawn
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM

jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!
i am in Wi but love the Chicago Tribuine for the coupons if we have a 50cents coupon the chicago paper has the same one for $1.00 I was buying in store at $3.00 a paper but subscribed sundays only delivered for 99cents.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 AM

tupqueen1 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarific View Post
If any of you are near a Sentry grocery also, they sell the sunday paper until I think Wednesday, so if you can't get them cheap, you can always get them later int he week once youv'e got some change
The Janesville Sentry Rocks, doubling every day -- but Sentry stores are all independantly owned and operated, they all have different "rules". Metcalfe Markets give out FREE papers on Sunday's WYB $5+ that morning.

Also try to Ask neighbors, friends, co-workers, family for their inserts or Hit the coffee shops and breakfast places on a Sunday morning. Some HyVee's have FREE papers for those that are eating in their "food court" area.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 PM

mcmom27 has posted more than 1 good deal
I had really good luck getting extra inserts from our newspaper carrier. We left a note asking him if he would be able to leave us extras (if he had them) and he left a note back the same day- immediately providing us with extras. Granted, they are normally mixed in with tons of other ads we don't need, but it beats paying for a lot of extra papers. I also order extra inserts from FL because they include a ton more than ours do.