Hyvee In Madison

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 07:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Back to savings.

My Mood/Status:
purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!
Hyvee in Madison

Does anyone know when this will be open?

Thanks.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 AM

RE: Hyvee in Madison

JenPhilly has posted more than 5 good deals
From what I read the East Wash is suppose to open "before Thanksgiving" and the Westgate in summer 2010.

In last weeks paper they did have an ad that they were hiring now.

I look forward to more competition in Madison for grocery stores, hopefully it will lower prices. Madison has very little variety in grocery stores compared to other places I have lived.
The Following User Says Thank You to JenPhilly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 PM

Back to savings.

My Mood/Status:
purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!purplepam has posted more than 200 great deals!
Anyone shop here yet? Just wondering how it compares to Woodmans which is the only grocery store I shop at in Madison.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM

I was just wondering the same thing!

I usually shop at Super Walmart in Monona (good prices, horrible fresh fruit/veggies) or Super Target in Fitchburg (better in the fresh fruit/veggies).

I can't stand Woodmans (west side), its dirty, long lines, rude people and horrble fresh fruit/veggies (seems to go bad very fast!). I have even bought food, went to eat it and found out it expired months before I bought it off of Woodman's shelfs. After that I said no matter what I won't shop there.

I am hoping the west side Hy-vee is opening sometime soon. I have only heard sometime in 2010.
The Following User Says Thank You to JenPhilly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 PM

Back to savings.

My Mood/Status:
Well I took the plunge today and went to Hyvee. Huge store, not as big as woodmans. Of course I had the family with me so I couldn't do alot of looking. All of us were hungry so we bought alot of premade stuff. Everything looked good but everyone was disappointed in the taste. We got truffles, brownies and some cookies all looked great, but not worth the money. The best deal I got was homemade candy canes for 25 cents. Haven't tasted those yet but they look good. I didn't think the prices were the greatest. I did get Bakers Breakfast cookies for 90 cents a piece. I am starting WW next week and these are a quick grab for my routine. Overall in my opinion I would not drive in just to shop at Hyvee like I do when I go to woodmans.

Thanks.
Pam
Old 01-14-2010, 03:53 PM

I drove over to Hy-Vee today and my thoughts were the prices were ok. Not as low as SuperWalmart (and I assume Woodmans but I refuse to shop there anymore). I do think they are cheaper and have more selection than SuperTarget and Cub's.

I was excited to find the Eating Right brand, no other store in Madison carries that brand and I have read about it for years. They make everything from soup, to frozen meals, to sauces, ect. I didn't buy any of the items but will look for sales/coupons in the future.

I was also pleasantly suprised that they took internet coupons! Its quite a drive for me since I live on the far west side but if they build the west side store, it could become my regular grocery store.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM

trippyjanet has posted more than 1 good deal
I live right down the road from Hyvee on East Washington. Overall, the prices are higher in my opinion than the other stores in town. I do go there for their weekly sales if it is a good deal. And, when the right price, they have a good produce section. I have not found any really good deals yet there though. Additionally, I tried their hamberger in the tube thing and I did not care for it.

So far, the store has been very coupon friendly, except for one lady, but that was just her having issues, the manager resolved it and all was well.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM

madisondeals has posted more than 25 good deals
Ditto on everything that's been said so far. Prices are so-so, and when they have a great sale they usually put a ridiculous limit of 1 or 2 on the item. Deli sandwiches are icky and a lot of their store brand premade is of so-so quality.

Couple things I do like - their organic/natural section is decent, and they have this sandalwood (also jasmine and freesia) soap that I am absolutely in love with and have only found at Whole Foods/Coops/etc's. Liquor section is good and the workers in there are in my experience quite helpful. Cashiers seem to be coupon friendly there.

Bottom line, Hyvee is good for a few specialties, but more helpful in that when they moved in, Woodman's started stepping up it's game, lowering prices to match Hyvee's sales and putting out peelies, tearpads and store Qs
Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM

madisondeals has posted more than 25 good deals
Ditto on everything that's been said so far. Prices are so-so, and when they have a great sale they usually put a ridiculous limit of 1 or 2 on the item. Deli sandwiches are icky and a lot of their store brand premade is of so-so quality.

Couple things I do like - their organic/natural section is decent, and they have this sandalwood (also jasmine and freesia) soap that I am absolutely in love with and have only found at Whole Foods/Coops/etc's. Liquor section is good and the workers in there are in my experience quite helpful. Cashiers seem to be coupon friendly there.

Bottom line, Hyvee is good for a few specialties, but more helpful in that when they moved in, Woodman's started stepping up it's game, lowering prices to match Hyvee's sales and putting out peelies, tearpads and store Qs
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Victorious1 has posted more than 50 good deals
Hy-Vee Madison-Keebler Cookies for .65

Went to Hy-Vee tonight and their Keebler cookies were half off. Used $1 q's for the Keebler Cheesecake Middles and got the cookies for $ .65 each! (My diet is never going to get me into those summer shorts this way!)

Not sure if the Cheesecake Middles q's are still out there, I used all of mine. No problems at the check out at all. Nice. Did find another Keebler q below:

Go to snack picks to get the $1 coupon.

I know Target had a great deal on the Cheesecake Middles but - this seemed better so I took advantage. ((yum))

Enjoy!