Winn Dixie Shopping Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 02:11 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi Winn Dixie Shopping Tips

Winn Dixie Shopping Tips

Feel free to add to the list...

* Rainchecks expire in 30 days

* Rainchecks for BOGO items get rung up at 1/2 price and 1/2 price... so if you have a BOGO coupon to combine with it, expect drama while they figure out how to do it properly

* They do take IPCs, but monitor them cautiously

* They do NOT take competitor coupons

* They do NOT match competitor sales ads

* They have a Baby Club, and the Catalina Machine prints out coupons for their baby items

* They do mark down meat everyday. If you do not see any reduced me and it is early in the morning ask if they will be reducing it. Most of the time, they mark down the meat packages that have today's date on it, so look for those and ask.

* They can break apart large meat packages into smaller ones or re-wrap them for you

* They have a Clearance area w/ marked down items and scratch and dent

* BOGO items ring up full price, then 2nd item FREE

* BOGO sales can be combined with BOGO coupons (your store may be different, but mine allows it)

* BOGO sales can be combined with 2 manu coupons $ off 1 (your store may be different, but mine allows it)

* The computer allows overage (ex: Excedrin was $1 a while back and the coupon was for $2 = FREE w/ overage) for non-BOGO sales. BOGO sales it will add up the value of the products and subtract only enough coupons to be equal to or less than the product value. (Ex: Mentos $1.59 BOGO = .79 each x 4 = $3.16. The Register will accept 3, $1/1 coupons and you will pay .16 for 4 packs total.)

* The computer stops ringing up the sale price after quantity 100 (at least for the BOGOs).

I hope these tips were usefull to you. Please add your own tips to make shopping easier at WD!

Last edited by vrtuoswmn; 03-31-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: updated
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to vrtuoswmn For This Useful Post:
27with1, 39470, aabrams07, aflmom, agille32, akt614, ami's mom, amp456, apontek, arc2009, bengal_lvr, brtndrwsmom, bye, cajun-lorelei, cecarias, CGAutry, CouponApril, cphowle, dark honey, deeami, Dixie_Amazon, ErseLuvlee, fishman's wife, fndufus, graciousmom, GrammieK3, Hazel Wise, healthysaver, hzeps2007, impeanut311, itsmeagain, JandJsmom, Jeannemc, jen91683, jenkiak, jeremyelvis, jessgraf, jlaporte, Kaara'sCoupons, kaylamb, KayTay01, Kdmiller90, knitternut, lalabella, lallyy, laurelmegan, leheye25, lillianbova, lis302, llrisher, lprice102, lsmith352, LuLuBee, lynn0468, MaddyArcher, mandarn, MathTeacher, mbennardi21, melleyapk, mheasley, mindycat76, mmaypole, mocolindo, mommaspursestrings, MoneyMindingMom, MRSMILLER104, msvidkiller13, my3angels2005, N77, Redsonya, RedStickGuy, sdf, semmie, sew pretty, ShirlSingletary, shudson, starbasset, stayhomemommy, The4Rosas, WackyRocks, wstcstflgrl
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 PM

RE: Winn Dixie Shopping Tips

John 1:9

My Mood/Status:
starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank you for all the helpful tips.

I will add this to a sticky that everyone can add to.

Some things can vary store to store and State to State. Store managers differ in what they will and will not accept, it all depends. It might not be their policy to accept something but I've experienced if asked sometimes out of courtesy the Manager has approved competitor coupon ie: the $5/$30 Aldi.

Joshua 1:9

Last edited by starbasset; 03-16-2009 at 03:22 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starbasset For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2009, 02:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!vrtuoswmn has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Added to this one...

* They do mark down meat everyday. If you do not see any reduced me and it is early in the morning ask if they will be reducing it. Most of the time, they mark down the meat packages that have today's date on it, so look for those and ask.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vrtuoswmn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
Edited this one:

* The computer allows overage (ex: Excedrin was $1 a while back and the coupon was for $2 = FREE w/ overage)

to

* The computer allows overage (ex: Excedrin was $1 a while back and the coupon was for $2 = FREE w/ overage) for non-BOGO sales. BOGO sales it will add up the value of the products and subtract only enough coupons to be equal to or less than the product value. (Ex: Mentos $1.59 BOGO = .79 each x 4 = $3.16. The Register will accept 3, $1/1 coupons and you will pay .16 for 4 packs total.)
The Following User Says Thank You to vrtuoswmn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 AM

Confused Member

My Mood/Status:
MandaFl has posted more than 200 great deals!MandaFl has posted more than 200 great deals!MandaFl has posted more than 200 great deals!
No competor coupons? that stinks...i look it like this...im shopping at winn dixie i could just as soon shop at Target with the coupon, but since you have some good buys i stopped at WD...if they are'nt going to let me use the coupon then i think i might just not shop there!...they are still making the money albeit not as much ..but i can go give that money to Target instead!..our WD is right across the Street from Publix and Publix takes Comp coupons...i just dont understand...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MandaFl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 PM

velveticon has posted more than 1 good deal
I like that they publish their weekly specials on the website and let you make a printable shopping list of them, makes sure I don't miss any of their awesome BOGOs!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velveticon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
thank you!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 AM

Crazy coupon luv
Doubles anyone??

My Mood/Status:
MARIEJLOVE@HOTMAIL.COM has posted more than 50 good deals
Winn Dixie tips

Hi everyone, just adding a few tips as always ymmv, My first would be, get to know your store manager and cash office manager at your favorite location will help out a Great deal. Always go to the store manager with a problem before, contacting corporate, i found out by contacting corp. right away, most of the time that location mananger will be scolded by the higher ups, which doesn't look good on paper for the region/district. If the problem you are having can not or will not be handled by the store mgr. then go on up the chart. Always try and check out with your favorite cashier, because she will have much knowledge of coupons, will not give you a hard time, always willing to help resolve problems, and will cheer you on as your total $$drop. Pharmacy is now accepting competitors coupons for a gift card with a new or transferred script. As stated before it's up to the store manager so always check with them first , most of the time you wil be satisfied . Happy Couponing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MARIEJLOVE@HOTMAIL.COM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 AM

heyitsdrea has posted more than 5 good deals
Thanks for all of the great tips!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heyitsdrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2009, 03:41 PM

too much to do!

My Mood/Status:
gavinsmom1020 has posted more than 25 good deals
Good tips. Thanks! It answered a question I had. Now I can formulate my complaint to send to my winn-dixie!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gavinsmom1020 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 07:45 AM

In need of savings!

My Mood/Status:
christinemedic has posted more than 200 great deals!christinemedic has posted more than 200 great deals!christinemedic has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks for the tips!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
sbeard has posted more than 75 good deals!
good tips... I LOVE the pharmacy too...they have 4dollar RX and FREE antibiotics! (I am in ALABAMA).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbeard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 04:36 PM

too much to do!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeard View Post
good tips... I LOVE the pharmacy too...they have 4dollar RX and FREE antibiotics! (I am in ALABAMA).
What do you have to do to get the free antibiotics? I feel like my son is ALWAYS on an antibiotic!!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
sbeard has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinsmom1020 View Post
What do you have to do to get the free antibiotics? I feel like my son is ALWAYS on an antibiotic!!
I don't know specifically which ones (it is the 7 most popularly prescribed). I just give them the script from my (usually the kids) doctor and they fill them. There is a sign on the door at my favorite store (the other one in town doesn't have a sign I don't think).

I hope this helps... I could not find any info on their web site, but I know they do it...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbeard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 07:32 PM

too much to do!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeard View Post
I don't know specifically which ones (it is the 7 most popularly prescribed). I just give them the script from my (usually the kids) doctor and they fill them. There is a sign on the door at my favorite store (the other one in town doesn't have a sign I don't think).

I hope this helps... I could not find any info on their web site, but I know they do it...

Our pediatrician always prescribes amoxicillan (sp?) first. My son gets ear infections. I'll def have to check into that.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of AL are you in? I live outside of B'Ham
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kelvin has posted more than 200 great deals!Kelvin has posted more than 200 great deals!Kelvin has posted more than 200 great deals!
"* The computer allows overage (ex: Excedrin was $1 a while back and the coupon was for $2 = FREE w/ overage) for non-BOGO sales. BOGO sales it will add up the value of the products and subtract only enough coupons to be equal to or less than the product value. (Ex: Mentos $1.59 BOGO = .79 each x 4 = $3.16. The Register will accept 3, $1/1 coupons and you will pay .16 for 4 packs total.)"

Thank you so much. I was wondering what happened with my purchase earlier. Nature Bounty is BOGO. I bought two bottles at 5.99 each plus an item of $5. I gave the cashier 2 x $5 IPq (NB). She could scan one coupon and the other one beepped. She called the manager and the manager said it's IP coupon and Winn Dixie doesn't except it because there are so many frauds. So they are blanket the whole thing so they won't except IPq. I knew that can't be since the cashier was able to scan one. So I told them I don't want the NB and asked for Q back. Of course I paid cash for the $5 item.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelvin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 AM

keegansmom21 has posted more than 1 good deal
Does anyone know if wd take expired coupons?
The Following User Says Thank You to keegansmom21 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 PM

the Internet is back, baby!

My Mood/Status:
kaylamb has posted more than 300 great deals!kaylamb has posted more than 300 great deals!kaylamb has posted more than 300 great deals!kaylamb has posted more than 300 great deals!
My Winn-Dixie doubles qs up to .50.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaylamb For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 AM

lp34fl08 has posted more than 1 good deal
I use IPC every time I go to Winn-Dixie and have had no problems at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to lp34fl08 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
deeami has posted more than 5 good deals
how many coupons can someone use at a time of the same item?
The Following User Says Thank You to deeami For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
deeami has posted more than 5 good deals
great tips .. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to deeami For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
laura264 has posted more than 150 good deals!laura264 has posted more than 150 good deals!
The Winn Dixie I shop at allows IPC's as long as they are printed from the manufacture page. But I dislike shopping there. I always use self-checkout and they have a person stand right next to you. Makes you nervous. They need to cut us couponers some slack!
The Following User Says Thank You to laura264 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
lilcee has posted more than 25 good deals
I love the Winn Dixie I go to. Never have any problems with IPC's. I always use the self checkout and the checkout person is always so helpful if I have a problem. I don't know about the price match, I've never tried it except for prescriptions - they price match some of them. I do most of my shopping (and sometimes all of it) at WD. The people there are so friendly.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilcee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM

vegetarian430 has posted more than 1 good deal
I've used the self-check and found the sales clerks to be very helpful and nice. Actually, I prefer Winn Dixie to Walmart in terms of customer service. A nice crew at my store.
The Following User Says Thank You to vegetarian430 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lramsey2010 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Question:
Can winn dixie store coupons be paired with a manufacturer coupons?
I ask because I get these q's in the mail from being in the baby club.

1.00/2 Sweet Goods (exludes bakery)
2.00/1 Laundry Detergent
1.00/6 Baby Foods
1.00/1 Baby Shampoo, Lotion, Bodywash etc.
3.00/1 Baby Formula
1.00/1 Shredded Cheese
.75/1 Chips, Salty Snack, Nuts, or Popcorn
1.00/ 1 Baby Wipes
1.00/1 Baby Accessories
3.00/1 Diapers

All expire 9/13/2011 and non have a specific brand listed!
TIA

Last edited by lramsey2010; 08-15-2011 at 08:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lramsey2010 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bogo, coupon, raincheck, shopping tips, winn dixie