WinCo FAQs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:49 AM
is having fun!
CVSing my way to a great stockpile!

My Mood/Status:
mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Storeinfo WinCo FAQs

Can I view the Winco ad online?

No, Winco doesn't publish an ad online or a print ad for that matter. Occasionally they will send out a mailer with coupons to customers in their immediate area.

Does Winco double or triple coupons?

No doubling or tripling of coupons. But they do accept manufacturer's coupons.

Does Winco have catalina promotions?

No.

Do I need a store card to get in on the savings?

No, a store card is not necessary to get in on Winco's savings.

What is the Winco contact information should I need to complain or compliment?

At this point, your best bet is to go in and speak with someone in Customer Service. You can find the address of the nearest location to you here.

Does Winco take competitor coupons?

No.

Does Winco price match?

No.

Does Winco accept coupons for clearance items?

Yes.

Credit for the Q&A goes to bexx09 at HCW.

In addition to the above, I've heard that WinCo does take internet coupons as long as they scan, but that may vary from store to store. Would it be useful to make a list of stores that do not accept IPs?

I'll update this as soon as I get more info to add. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I'll try to get the answers. I shop at WinCo quite frequently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Irish by luck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud by choice

Last edited by mystik00769; 07-20-2009 at 08:58 AM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mystik00769 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM

RE: WinCo FAQs

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bozzers42 has posted more than 100 good deals!bozzers42 has posted more than 100 good deals!
do they accpet internet coupons?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bozzers42 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 PM

is having fun!
CVSing my way to a great stockpile!

My Mood/Status:
mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mystik00769 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzers42 View Post
do they accpet internet coupons?
"In addition to the above, I've heard that WinCo does take internet coupons as long as they scan, but that may vary from store to store. "

So, some do, and some don't. YMMV. I started another thread inviting people to post whether or not their stores take them, so maybe we'll get a good list going.

Irish by luck
Proud by choice
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mystik00769 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 PM

rachbill has posted more than 5 good deals
If anyone receives a mailer please post the deals. I live within 10 minutes of Winco and I do not get a mailer. Winco does have the best overall prices, but I've been adding other stores to my trip because I can get items very close to free with coupons and sales.
Also, as someone else mentioned in another post, please put city and state on your post.
Thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rachbill For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2009, 01:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
FreshMango has posted more than 25 good deals
Completely random trivia:
WinCo stands for Washington Idaho Nevada California Oregon
My friend was in a commercial they made when the name changed over from Cub Foods to WinCo and for some reason that info was really important to know. They told her about 5 or 6 times "Washington Idaho Nevada California Oregon".
(WinCo "bought out" the Cub foods stores in those states, as well as some Food 4 Less stores, and all of the Waremart stores were converted to WinCo or closed. Remember Waremart?? They are the "corporate headquarters" of WinCo.)

Last edited by FreshMango; 10-22-2009 at 02:03 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FreshMango For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 08:36 PM

pjeans has posted more than 1 good deal
Thank-you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjeans For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Grounded for Life

drabble has posted more than 150 good deals!drabble has posted more than 150 good deals!
Does WinCo do overages?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drabble For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM

Meow

My Mood/Status:
endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank You there is a WinCo opening soon but its 24 miles one way with a toll on top of that. I really am excited about going.

Their web site states "We have over 600 bulk items available. If you can find it in bag, there’s a good chance you can buy it by the pound."

Question: Do they have health/natural products in bulk. ie. grains, whole wheat flour, different types of rice besides white? I ask because there is Top Foods that has hundreds of bulk products so they can boast that also but it is mainly candy and junk food.

Thanks for any info. I know you can only tell me what your store carries but it may be similar here.

Cat Lover.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endlesoul For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM

syanew has posted more than 200 great deals!syanew has posted more than 200 great deals!syanew has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesoul View Post
Thank You there is a WinCo opening soon but its 24 miles one way with a toll on top of that. I really am excited about going.

Their web site states "We have over 600 bulk items available. If you can find it in bag, there’s a good chance you can buy it by the pound."

Question: Do they have health/natural products in bulk. ie. grains, whole wheat flour, different types of rice besides white? I ask because there is Top Foods that has hundreds of bulk products so they can boast that also but it is mainly candy and junk food.

Thanks for any info. I know you can only tell me what your store carries but it may be similar here.
I buy lots of food in bulk at winco. They have lots of natural and organic stuff. Rolled oats were .38 cents a pound last week! They have every kind of grain imaginable. Maybe even a better selection than the natural foods store and at a fraction of the cost.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to syanew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lilbylilsaver has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
The Winco in Pomona does take IP's, however, this Sunday, my cashier said he would not take mine because it did not have a PO Box address for remittance. I showed him that there was an address on there and he said that he was told he could only take coupons with PO Boxes. I emailed Winco and was told that they never heard of this policy and would could store management about this. Hmmm go figure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lilbylilsaver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM

Meow

My Mood/Status:
endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachbill View Post
If anyone receives a mailer please post the deals. I live within 10 minutes of Winco and I do not get a mailer. Winco does have the best overall prices, but I've been adding other stores to my trip because I can get items very close to free with coupons and sales.
Also, as someone else mentioned in another post, please put city and state on your post.
Thanks
"Q: How I can be added to your mailing list?
A: While we only send out ads on very rare, special occasions such as store openings, you’re welcome to email your address to our Online Customer Service team to make sure your zip code is on our mailing list. Please be aware that you will not receive mailings from us on a weekly basis, our special mailings will only be received if we open a new store near you or on other special occasions. If we’ve recently sent ads to your area and your neighbors received them but you didn’t, please contact the local post office, these mailings are sent by zip codes. *Anti-Spam/Junk Mail lists may also affect delivery of ads.
Back to Top. "

FAQs - WinCo Foods

I received my Grand Opening for Tacoma WA store mailer. I e-mailed them about a week ago and they e-mailed back letting me know that they very seldom ever have mailings. That keeps the price down also.

Cat Lover.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endlesoul For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
WinCo stands for WINning COmpany, Not Washington, idaho, Nevada,calif. Oregon. because where would the U for Utah come in? Also they are moving into Montana now.
If you go to there web page and look under the about tab.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clipperace For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 09:19 AM

justlittleoldmejenn has posted more than 10 good deals
Winco has their coupon policy on their website with the FAQ's-
(I can't link yet, but it's there)

Q: What kind of coupons does WinCo Foods accept?
A: WinCo Foods gladly accepts manufacturer’s coupons where all the following apply:

The coupon has a valid barcode that can be scanned into our system,
The item is in stock,
Restrictions and requirements listed on the coupon are met. This includes but is not limited to: quantities (minimum required and maximum allowed), sizes, brand names, product variety, expiration dates, and store location.
The coupon(s) is not a result of coupon “stacking,” “doubling,” etc. (*1* coupon per item limit)
*WinCo Foods reserves the right to deny any coupon at any time.

Q: Do you accept internet coupons?
A: WinCo Foods will accept internet coupons, so long as they have a bar code that can be scanned into our system. Internet coupons must also meet all of the above requirements and may be subject to an extra level of scrutiny at the registers with the goal of verifying their legitimacy. *WinCo Foods reserves the right to deny any coupon at any time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justlittleoldmejenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 AM

I'm moving.. my head's spinning! AHHH!
Coupon Princess *IN TRAINING*

My Mood/Status:
NatPike has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by drabble View Post
Does WinCo do overages?
I'd like to know this too... are Overages allowed?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatPike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
Slcangel has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbylilsaver
The Winco in Pomona does take IP's, however, this Sunday, my cashier said he would not take mine because it did not have a PO Box address for remittance. I showed him that there was an address on there and he said that he was told he could only take coupons with PO Boxes. I emailed Winco and was told that they never heard of this policy and would could store management about this. Hmmm go figure.
Next time you may want to politely ask for a managers official ok on it. Not all cashiers are informed correctly to begin with...
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
Slcangel has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperace
WinCo stands for WINning COmpany, Not Washington, idaho, Nevada,calif. Oregon. because where would the U for Utah come in? Also they are moving into Montana now.
If you go to there web page and look under the about tab.
This makes more sense
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Shopping at Rite Aid

My Mood/Status:
samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samanthaflower13 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
None of the Winco's in my area take IP's....so I don't shop there...
Old 10-14-2011, 09:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
marijane4 has posted more than 1 good deal
We have a Winco opening Sunday. I am excited to check it out.
Here are the coupons I received in the mail.
12 pak coca cola 1.98
post honey bunches of oats cereal 14.5 oz .98
capril sun fruit drinks .98
kraft macaroni & cheese .38
Lays potato chips .98
tenderbird chicken breasts 3 lb 3.98
green giant canned vegetables .38
bar s sliced bacon 1.48
american falls water 1.78
angel soft bath tissue 12 rolls 2.98
The Following User Says Thank You to marijane4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
ldashner has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshMango View Post
Completely random trivia:
WinCo stands for Washington Idaho Nevada California Oregon
My friend was in a commercial they made when the name changed over from Cub Foods to WinCo and for some reason that info was really important to know. They told her about 5 or 6 times "Washington Idaho Nevada California Oregon".
(WinCo "bought out" the Cub foods stores in those states, as well as some Food 4 Less stores, and all of the Waremart stores were converted to WinCo or closed. Remember Waremart?? They are the "corporate headquarters" of WinCo.)
Interesting... I never knew that!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mommax7 has posted more than 25 good deals
Fyi winco natural foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesoul View Post

My Winco in Northern California has gluten free products in bulk and lots of natural foods and nuts and grains and rices, honey and a few other items I cannot get anywhere else at those prices
Old 05-07-2013, 03:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
ralliz has posted more than 25 good deals
Thank for helping me understand winco and there policies
Old 06-04-2014, 08:22 AM

winco here i come!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
read

I thought I would give a heads up but My local winco started Limiting the amount of coupons per item if there is no limit on the coupon. The cashier stated to me that they are limiting to 6 coupons per item. Now She did state that they had a conference and this was spoken to them during this update. I can not confirm yet if its all wincos or Just this one local winco in Washington state! So I thought I would pass along the information about this so your not so caught off guard if something is spoken to you.