Sams Club Versus Grocery Stores

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cammy1821 has posted more than 200 great deals!cammy1821 has posted more than 200 great deals!cammy1821 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Sams Club Versus Grocery stores

I have always shopped ay shoprite, rite aid and cvs. But I was wondering how many of you shop at Sams Club and do you save more shopping there or at smaller stores, I have a family of 5 including a dog .. Just wanted some feedback before I commit to a membership at Sams, Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cammy1821 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 03:40 PM

RE: Sams Club Versus Grocery stores

Blessed by the Lord
Jesus's friend

My Mood/Status:
shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a Sam's membership but I got it for 1/2 price since I went in with a family member. We have a business membership so I can go there before they open to the general public Which would be nice but since I live about 35 minutes away I don't see that happening,
I love it. If you are great at memorizing prices then you can save and not buy the things that are more expensive. Remember the sales so you don't buy something there that would be a cheap or free deal at the store that week. I buy 50 lb. bags of rice there for $18.97 I think it is. It is cheap and since I can't find deals on it most of the time I buy it there. We eat a lot of rice here. Also I buy McCormick real vanilla extract for $6.56 and it is huge (16 oz.) not the cheap imitation stuff. I buy Mocha Cappuccino and French Vanilla Cappuccino and they are huge canisters for $6.xx each (the mocha is a little higher but worth it, ) Great quality. The snacks I feel are cheap because they are individually wrapped so I get some of those also. I think the meats are too high. The breads are too high where I live as I go to United Grocery Outlet for my breads and you also have to buy 2 at a time at Sam's. The milk is a little cheaper depending on where you live. The water bottles are not really cheaper as there is always a store with sales on it every week. The aluminum foil is great to me, the sheets kind and is all I use most of the time. The kind on the roll gets messed up too much for me. You get 500 sheets and there are the smaller ones and the bigger ones. I think it is $5.47 for the smaller ones and $6.87 for the larger packages. Lasts forever and makes foil affordable. The cleaning products to me are not a good deal. The paper products aren't that great either but the vanity fair napkins are a great deal to me at $7.xx for 600 of them. Around here they are 200 count for $3.87 so that is a big savings and it is the kind I like. Although if you aren't picky you can get better deals I am sure on sales. I just don't have many sales on that where I live. Not many stores to choose from and only Kroger doubles. Bags of beans are a good price there. I would check every time you go because they change prices sometimes and get new stock sometimes. I would also keep CVS as that is the store for free shampoo, razors, etc. Rite Aid I hardly ever go to as I don't think they are that great. I do Walmart but hate it, but for free and overage I will be there.

I love to pray for others. If you need prayers please send me a PM and please keep me in your prayers/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelleyf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 04:38 PM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We get our allergy meds there my dad has been a member at Sam's forever, he buys his lunchmeat, paper products etc.. but if you spend alot on allergy meds it will pay for itself. My boys both have allergies & we save a ton on Sam's generic versions of lortadine & zyrtec. Lortadine comes in a two pack with 200 tabs in each 24 hour version, it will cost $10 for more than a year supply, compared to $20 a bottle for 60 days= $120 a year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM

brgwhit has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy1821 View Post
I have always shopped ay shoprite, rite aid and cvs. But I was wondering how many of you shop at Sams Club and do you save more shopping there or at smaller stores, I have a family of 5 including a dog .. Just wanted some feedback before I commit to a membership at Sams, Thanks
I shop at smaller stores and Sam's club.. I think many times I save more in the smaller stores because I can use coupons there that I cannot at Sam's.. But on some items you cannot get coupons on I buy them at Sam's... I have a family of 8 with 3 dogs 4 cats and a hamster...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brgwhit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 04:11 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i have had a sams club membership since 1992. if you don't 'think' you saved money by having it, they will refund your membership fees. I buy Kleenexes there. Yeast is diet cheap. If you bake a lot of bread like it do, bread flour, all purpose flour and sugar are more than half price at sams. I buy all of my Wesson oil there. calcium supplements are cheaper, OH and trash bags.. I love their trash bags and they are cheaper than anywhere I have found. I like sams meats. it is a little more expensive but the quality is better than Meijer or Marsh.

I have a family of 5 and 2 fish.
The Following User Says Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't have a membership but saw on Groupon they have a special right now for $45 for a year
The Following User Says Thank You to kimbra923 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
^^^^^^I think my membership with Sams is only 45.00 a year.
The Following User Says Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 05:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
lessgress has posted more than 200 great deals!lessgress has posted more than 200 great deals!lessgress has posted more than 200 great deals!
i got membership on groupon a few months ago-- it was $45 and then you got $20 giftcard and then another $20 in free food (cookies, chicken, and pizza i think). so my first shop i priced alot of items- many things i found i could do better with coupons but a few things were definitely cheaper- dog food was much cheaper. nutella was much cheaper. i bought alot of strawberries as well--- knew we would eat them all in time (party). i think if you know cost per item of things you normally buy you can easily save-- especially with this groupon deal!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lessgress For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 10:47 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I shop Sam's Club. But, I make one monthly trip to pick up essentials. I purchase for 7 people. I split the membership fee with another family relative. We got one card and the other relative core shopper got the other card. Before purchasing one though, use the one day sample event to go in and see their prices (or online) to see if you personally would save.

The savings will vary. The everyday price at Sam's is the lowest around for specific items like: chips, snacks, popcorn, generic medicine, baby items, holiday items, 35 pack water, wine, printer ink cartridges, cases of paper, pens, tablets, trash bags, Tide, Downy, etc.

But, some sales will be cheaper than Sam's Club. And, you should realize Sam's Club also has sales but they are called "Instant Savings" each month. For example, this month you can buy a 36 ct Quilted Northern TP for an additional $2.50 off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post: