Is SC Worth The Membership Anymore?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Is SC worth the membership anymore?

We just got our renewal notice for SC. It is $43 for the year. Just a basic membership. We have to drive 40 miles to SC. We don't think we are going to renew.
The Following User Says Thank You to nonniepooh For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM

RE: Is SC worth the membership anymore?

Happiness is...puppy kisses x2!

My Mood/Status:
StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My mom pays our SC memberships as part of our Christmas each year as she has a business and we're all on the account. I definitely get the value out of it because it's close enough for me to get most of my gas there as well as many of the food items. I love having the membership, but I'm not sure if I would pay for it if mom didn't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StLouisClipper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM

arkansasmama08 has posted more than 5 good deals
We just signed up at the beginning of the month. I'm sure I got my money's worth my first trip. We have a lot if food allergies in our family and their prices on almonds, dried fruit, and almond milk were awesome. Plus, I highly doubt ill ever have to buy ketchup or mayo again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arkansasmama08 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Try to go half with someone else. My MIL and I split it. Lets be honest neither one of our hubbies are ever going there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotrodswife For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 AM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't have a local SC, but I do shop at BJ's and I agree with everyone else.
1) I would not pay for the membership if I had to myself. My dad pays and I am his 'additional person' (I think ours is $60 tho)
2) I could only WISH BJs had Gas Station!
3) We would pay if we went halfisies! Great Idea!!!

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member???
Love AFC? Like Helping Others?
Click here
be a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Volunteer!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 19
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Khiara 11
, Kabreena 9
, Teigan 4
and SoCo 13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommaOf2Many For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
years ago, I said buying membership to any of the discount clubs/stores was not worth because of the great coupon values/sale prices/rewards/etc

but now, I have to reconsider after all the changes I've seen in the past 2 years in the coupon world. With all the store restrictions, low coupon values plus restrictions, luckluster deals, etc it has gotten difficult to shop for basic items we use in our HH. with this in mind, I've checked SC to see what bulk items are good to buy there and I find some to justify a year's membership. I might buy a membership if time comes that I have used up our stockpile and the retailers sale prices have become unbearable with or without using coupons.

These days, time is now more valuable to me and I don't need the stress that goes with coupons and coupon deals.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
jd2 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Why is ur membership $47..I thought I paid under $30 for mine???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd2 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 02:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Greeneyez has posted more than 200 great deals!Greeneyez has posted more than 200 great deals!Greeneyez has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodswife View Post
Try to go half with someone else. My MIL and I split it. Lets be honest neither one of our hubbies are ever going there.
We tried this and the 2 clubs that are near us (both 45min-1hr away)would not let us go half with someone they said you have to live in the same house or if you live at a different address it has to be because you are a collage student that lives away at school and at the same address when schools not in?

Cheap is great free is awesome
Please watch for motorcycles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greeneyez For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 PM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyez View Post
We tried this and the 2 clubs that are near us (both 45min-1hr away)would not let us go half with someone they said you have to live in the same house or if you live at a different address it has to be because you are a collage student that lives away at school and at the same address when schools not in?
Yes, forgot about that part. My dad uses my address to sign up the membership so that I get all the coupon books/offers. He doesn't live here, but they don't have to know that.

AND, at BJs, if you are related, you can use the same card. So, my husband and my in-laws can all use my picture membership card to shop because we're "related". No one has ever been questioned. I think it's because our last names are the same.

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member???
Love AFC? Like Helping Others?
Click here
be a
Volunteer!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 19
, Khiara 11
, Kabreena 9
, Teigan 4
and SoCo 13
The Following User Says Thank You to MommaOf2Many For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2 View Post
Why is ur membership $47..I thought I paid under $30 for mine???
It is $43. I don't know why. I looked online and a business membership is $35. DH is going to call and find out.
The Following User Says Thank You to nonniepooh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Loving Football Season!

My Mood/Status:
tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've never shopped at Sam's club, but we have a Costco membership and it is worth every penny. We even have the executive membership and the AMEX card b/c we get $$$ back that more than pays for the membership (carrying a balance defeats the purpose of the reward, so you have to pay it every month.) I get everything there that I can't get with coupons (organic milk, eggs, produce, good cheese, natural jelly, almond milk for DD and a lot of her snacks since she has allergies.) Alcohol is cheaper there, and gas is too. $43 for the year is less than $4 a month, so even if you made a monthly trip and stocked up on things like milk at discounted prices, I would say it is worth it.
(DS13)
(DD8) and
(DD6)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tresositos For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would say it is worth it because I am so close to SC.It is about a 10 min drive.Gas & contacts is a good price for me.I split the membership price with my dd dad.Payed 40.00 for yr. membership in Feb. 20 dollars each well worth it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momabrown3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
DH called, they said it is $43 and thats that. So we decided not to renew. They are suppose to build a new SC sometime this year 15 miles from us. If they do then we might rejoin. The 45 minute drive is too far for us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonniepooh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shudson has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniepooh View Post
DH called, they said it is $43 and thats that. So we decided not to renew. They are suppose to build a new SC sometime this year 15 miles from us. If they do then we might rejoin. The 45 minute drive is too far for us.
I think you made the right decision for your your situation, time and gas money, plus wear and tear to your vehicle are all high priority these days..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shudson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We've had a costco or sam's membership for the past 15 years. We didn't renew this year. It got to where we were only using it for pet food, milk, and sometimes spices and gas if the vehicles needed gas when we were there. If we still lived in town, we might have kept it up for the gas savings cause they're worth it if you live close by. I found that with everything else, we could get it cheaper with coupons or at Aldi.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post: