Sam's Or Costco

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Sam's or Costco

I have a Sams club membership and like it alot. Costco is coming to our area and will actually be a little closer. They will also have a gas station. I plan to check them out when they open at the end of the month but was wondering what you think about the 2 clubs. How does the gas price compare to other stations? Does anyone belong to both clubs and which do you prefer. TIA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lynn226 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM

RE: Sam's or Costco

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love Costco. I got rid of my Sam's membership years ago. Check out some of the threads on here about Costco and the things people love. I love their paper towels so much that I will always have a Costco membership.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 12:33 PM

AmieThrondson has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi Lynn! We'd love to answer any questions you might have about Membership benefits at Sam's Club. In the meantime, you might like to check out Simply Delicious Meals at samsclub.com/meals for awesome recipe ideas! Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can help you with. Thanks! - Amie from Sam's Club
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmieThrondson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM

lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks annie. I have had a Sams membership for many years and like it. Was just wondering how Costco compares as we are getting one here at the end of the month. They will also have gas which our sams does not. I just want to check all my avenues. I do not plan to keep tow wharehouse club memberships (too expensive) now that my kids are grown and I don't buy as much in bulk. We love the meat at Sams.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lynn226 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
The gas prices will have you getting a Costco membership. I am sure you will be able to find a trial membership even if it is for 1 day so you can check it out. Unfortunately Costco nor Sam's take manufacturer coupons but Costco does come out with monthly coupons - it you get a BJ's in your area they do take manufacturer coupons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2011, 10:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Cnstntlrnr has posted more than 10 good deals
We have both, originally because our daughter only has a Sams available to her, but we use it AND Costco. There are benefits of both. As an example, Costco does not carry the Starkit tuna that my likes. But then Sams does not have some of the stuff that Costco has so we use both and it is worth every dollar for both memberships.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cnstntlrnr For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 11:13 PM

mistyflannigan has posted more than 100 good deals!mistyflannigan has posted more than 100 good deals!
I let my Sam's Club card expire after Costco opened a store near me. Costco treats its members better. The people working at my local Sam's Club (Long Beach Town Center) are really rude and pushy. The lines are too long.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistyflannigan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 01:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
chefsandy has posted more than 25 good deals
WeI used to have both as well, but now we only go to Costco. The variety and quality of products is better, as well as the customer service. We try not to buy too much in bulk as well, but we always purchase milk, eggs, cheese, bread and meat from Costco. Their roasted chickens are 3lbs (that's at least a pound larger than what is sold at my local grocery store) for $4.99. I regularly buy books and dvd's at Costco and have purchased a dishwasher, a television, and furniture there as well. The return policy is great too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefsandy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefsandy View Post
WeI used to have both as well, but now we only go to Costco. The variety and quality of products is better, as well as the customer service. We try not to buy too much in bulk as well, but we always purchase milk, eggs, cheese, bread and meat from Costco. Their roasted chickens are 3lbs (that's at least a pound larger than what is sold at my local grocery store) for $4.99. I regularly buy books and dvd's at Costco and have purchased a dishwasher, a television, and furniture there as well. The return policy is great too!
The rotisserie chickens are awesome (BJ's has them too for $ 4.99). I don't think you can buy and cook a chicken for that price and they are very good.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 10:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
pinkflower66 has posted more than 100 good deals!pinkflower66 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have both. I prefer Costco I believe they have a larger selection of items.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkflower66 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Life is good!

2015 YTD Savings: $9370
My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Have had both, prefer Costco for their Gas-$0.05 cheaper per Gallon last the least expensive Gas Station here.

I buy 2 Rotisserie Chickens a week there. At $1.67/lb cooked, it can't be beat in the Summer, you don't heat up your house.
So darn good, we buy them all year long. They inject them with Garlic & Spices, and the bones make the best homemade Chicken Broth.

Like their Romaine Lettuce 6pk for $3, and have much more of an Organic Section as well.
My stockpile of 100# of Pinto Beans were the cheapest in town at $0.52/lb, now up to $0.74lb, but still lowest price.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 PM

gsalley has posted more than 1 good deal
I have been going to Sam's for over 2yrs, but only because we just moved back from Hawaii (military move) and out there i didn't like the Costco. I haven't been to one down here where we are now.
The Following User Says Thank You to gsalley For This Useful Post: