Costco "must-haves"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 AM

RE: Costco "must-haves"?

Back in Action!

My Mood/Status:
QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Awesome thread!
We buy:
5# bag whole bean coffee (Kirkland)
mixed nuts (Kirkland)
Bags of b/s chicken thigh and breast (Kirkland)
trash bags (Kirkland)
Industrial size box plastic wrap (Kirkland) (I've had the same one for over 2 years!)
Frozen veg mix (Kirkland)
Yoshidas teriyaki sauce
Cottonelle TP.. but since beginning couponing I'm thinking I might be able to find better deals?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& 5yr DD {Kylee}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QClippinMama For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

RidgebackDad has posted more than 5 good deals
Kirkland Water, trash bags and paper towels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RidgebackDad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
themamadoo has posted more than 150 good deals!themamadoo has posted more than 150 good deals!
I 'm pretty diligent about checking price per unit/ounce against standard sales w/Q's...always looking for the best deal!

These have become pretty regular for us:
-2 pk of whole wheat bread
-Tree top fruit snacks
-Precious String Cheese 60 pk
-Milk 2 pk
-Organic Eggs 18 ct
-Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter
-Kirkland Block cheese 2 lb. (last got Monterey Jack for $5.69 at one point it was under $5)
-Lil Critter Gummy Vites 220 ct $7.99 w/Q every couple months
-Premium dry cat food (this is only every 3-4 months, we keep a small supply in a rubbermaid cereal container, and keep the bulk in a repurposed food grade plastic bucket with a really tight seal)
-Ink cartridge refills at Photo desk
-Usually we gas up when we're there

Good deals that I haven't forgotten:
-Large wheel of Alouette baby brie cheese for $3.99 last spring
-Cereals (only with coupon) esp. Honey Nut Cheerios
-Strawberries (summer season)
-Snapware set of 3 (23 cups each) cereal type storage $13.99 last year
-Friskies canned cat food 48 ct (cat gets 1/4 to 1/3 can in evening, so we refrigerate the remaining. Keep it covered with lids made for cat food cans)
-Car Seat covers $9.99 last month
-Checks (cheaper than other online sources)
-Grade A Vermont maple syrup, $12 for 32 oz. (worth it!)

married 6 years to Jeff
, mom to DS 15
, and DS 5
, and big kitteh Frankie

Last edited by themamadoo; 10-03-2011 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to themamadoo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was unaware that Costco had Checks? Thanks themamadoo, nice post
We do the ink as well, will look for the Vermont Maple syrup @ $12/32oz.

That IS a great price on Alouette Brie Cheese, even beats the Grocery Outlet price of $1.99-$2.49 for 7 oz wedge where I get it regularly.
The Following User Says Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
themamadoo has posted more than 150 good deals!themamadoo has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thanks nowpoints, now that I think about it, the checks were ordered through Costco's website, not instore. They mailed 'em to our house. http://www.costcochecks.com
There is a variation on price depending on design, and a discount for Exec members.

One thing we did instore that wasn't much discounted, but was much more convenient was getting a Verizon hotspot w/1 yr contract. There was no wait, a big bonus for us because the Verizon store in my area is always super crowded.

The brie was a promo, we had sampled it...the cheese was so tasty (didn't know brie was smooth and buttery!) and the price was right. For us, the size was perfect for sharing; we learned it's one of my mom's all time faves and gave half a wheel to her. I last saw it under $7 last month.

married 6 years to Jeff
, mom to DS 15
, and DS 5
, and big kitteh Frankie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themamadoo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
themamadoo--Thanks again I went to the Costco Online Check Link you posted and looked at each of the 4 pages of Personal Check Designs, how pretty & reasonable.
Wasn't aware that several benefit causes--I liked the Red Cross & Sea Animal Conservation checks.

You must be prophetic-we have been looking for a new phone system. On West Coast, we have US Cellular-but for 2 phones it is $120/mo for unlimited minutes and long-distance. Our contract is over, the 2 yr old phones are worn and need -pricey new batteries.

The Verizon Hotspot with the 1 yr contract, did it have FREE phones? Or am I dreaming?
The Following User Says Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 AM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We get just a few things but they pay for the membership--
dog food and cat food
butter
milk
nuts for MIL

If I can't find it cheaper somewhere else, I'll get printer paper there.

At Christmas, I stock up on their reams of tissue paper. I go through several packs a month and it's the cheapest I can find from either retailers or wholesalers (without having to buy a whole pallet of the stuff ).

bagged lettuce, onions, and potatoes are good deals too

they sometimes have some good travel discounts

DELTA region for Kroger stores
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!
PICKLES! Best deal around!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by themamadoo View Post
Thanks nowpoints, now that I think about it, the checks were ordered through Costco's website, not instore. They mailed 'em to our house. http://www.costcochecks.com
There is a variation on price depending on design, and a discount for Exec members.

One thing we did instore that wasn't much discounted, but was much more convenient was getting a Verizon hotspot w/1 yr contract. There was no wait, a big bonus for us because the Verizon store in my area is always super crowded.

The brie was a promo, we had sampled it...the cheese was so tasty (didn't know brie was smooth and buttery!) and the price was right. For us, the size was perfect for sharing; we learned it's one of my mom's all time faves and gave half a wheel to her. I last saw it under $7 last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints View Post
themamadoo--Thanks again I went to the Costco Online Check Link you posted and looked at each of the 4 pages of Personal Check Designs, how pretty & reasonable.
Wasn't aware that several benefit causes--I liked the Red Cross & Sea Animal Conservation checks.

You must be prophetic-we have been looking for a new phone system. On West Coast, we have US Cellular-but for 2 phones it is $120/mo for unlimited minutes and long-distance. Our contract is over, the 2 yr old phones are worn and need -pricey new batteries.

The Verizon Hotspot with the 1 yr contract, did it have FREE phones? Or am I dreaming?
We were actually told by the person handling our business account at Chase to order our checks from Costco. I had always used Office Depot but they were even cheaper through Costco and were the same exact color/stock as the ones from OD. If you check the monthly coupon books they also sometimes have discounts on check orders too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM

SavinSaver has posted more than 1 good deal
1) Kirkland Baby Formula - almost half the price of anything anywhere, we had friends tell us that it is actually just Enfamil repackaged. Ingredients are identical.
2) Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Once we're done with formula, we were thinking of cancelling, might have to revisit that decision after reading through this thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to SavinSaver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavinSaver View Post
1) Kirkland Baby Formula - almost half the price of anything anywhere, we had friends tell us that it is actually just Enfamil repackaged. Ingredients are identical.
2) Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Once we're done with formula, we were thinking of cancelling, might have to revisit that decision after reading through this thread!
I actually buy the DD coffee at BJ's since they have the dark roast. Yummy!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
kerisatina has posted more than 100 good deals!kerisatina has posted more than 100 good deals!
My must haves from Costco are:

Kirklands infant formula (the best deal in town)
Sandwich thins ( they freeze great)
Cheese
Kirkland diapers ( I swear they look and feel like Huggies lil movers)

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
The Following User Says Thank You to kerisatina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints View Post

Ah! Just noticed your reply about the Costco cellular. Sorry it took so long to reply, just now fully getting into AFC and Reputations/subs link and whatnot...I'm such a n00b.

Don't know if you moved ahead with new cellular devices after all, in case you haven't yet....with our hotspot, we had the choice of free device with 2 yr commitment, or $99 w/ 1 yr contract. hth!

married 6 years to Jeff
, mom to DS 15
, and DS 5
, and big kitteh Frankie
The Following User Says Thank You to themamadoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM

bargain sleuth has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkey98 View Post
What do you always buy at Costco.
I stock up on All (the brand) laundry soap when it's in the coupon book. (I will be doing this next week.)
I also buy a lot of meat. Vacuum seal it in smaller portions and deep freeze.

So what do you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Kirkland toilet paper, chicken bakes, romaine lettuce, oven roasted chicken, kirkland water, biscottis, coffee mate, dunkin donuts coffee, orowheat bread, uncooked flour tortillas(the best!), frozen fruit (for smoothies) case of soy milk, bacon bits, bag of shredded mexican cheese.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:35 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Ontario chick has posted more than 150 good deals!Ontario chick has posted more than 150 good deals!
i always buy Krkland TP and pudding cups. use to buy their frozen pizza but my kids got tired of them so I don't buy them right now. Hailf and Half coffee cream, always cheaper than my reg stores, milk (sometimes), sugar white and brown both I buy ziploc bags when they have the coupon, it doesn't seem like much but I always spend around $150.00 when I'm done.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 AM

Happiness is...puppy kisses x2!

My Mood/Status:
StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just realized after re-reading this thread that I never mentioned the chicken breasts. I will buy the boneless/skinless elsewhere if I come across a great deal, but I always make sure I pick some up while I'm at Costco. The frozen chicken breasts there are the only ones I know of (or have ever seen) that are all individually shrinkwrapped inside the big bag. This is so awesome because you never have to deal with freezer burn. I recently ran across a half empty bag that somehow got pushed to the back of the freezer and forgotten. Not sure how long it was back there but the chicken breasts were all fine. I especially like buying these for DS at school because he normally will only make one or possibly two of them at a time so he's not throwing away half the bag a month later.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM

vacemberci has posted more than 10 good deals
I just moved near a Costco and we're considering it. We shop regularly at Sams Club so we're going to give it a try. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
Just realized (thanks to the magazine) they carry organic beef. This week I'm going to pick up the 4 lb ground beef pack....$4.50 a lb for organic is pretty darned good! Will be added to my "repeat buy" list.

married 6 years to Jeff
, mom to DS 15
, and DS 5
, and big kitteh Frankie
Old 05-05-2012, 04:07 PM

AVONashley1102 has posted more than 150 good deals!AVONashley1102 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLance68 View Post
I actually buy the DD coffee at BJ's since they have the dark roast. Yummy!!
since you shop at bjs and costco... can I ask which one you like better? If you could only afford one, which one would you be a member at? We are considering getting a membership with one since I don't coupon as much as I used to
Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 AM

jfsavi has posted more than 1 good deal
Keurig k cups are super cheap and gallons of milk too
Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I really didnt know where to post this
I have a Costco coupon for when you join Costco you get coupons valued at 30.00 plus 3 free items.
I am looking to trade for 5.00 PPHF
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 AM

hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hotmama111 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Since this thread is back up I will ad that I do sometimes just go to Costco to get the romaine lettuce and a thing of bananas. The romaine lasts a while in the fridge, I just open and wrap each individually. The bananas do go bad fast but they are cheap and you get a lot for the $. I also take the kids over there to eat at the food court . We love the hotdog combo for $1.50 and the ice cream
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
leanlybberts has posted more than 50 good deals
We love the fine dining at the Costco food court (even if we always somehow manage to spill a soda there everytime).

We have a Cash and Carry store here in town so I like to get some of the bigger items like flour and salt and what not there. Milk is also cheaper there than Costco.

I do love to buy our weekly produce at Costco afterI check the weekly sale ads of the other grocery stores here in town first. Costco's everyday prices are cheaper than the everyday cost of produce elsewhere.

Oh and gas is always cheaper. With a smart phone you can always find Costco gas out on the road.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM

Controlling my spending one coupon at a time

My Mood/Status:
TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!TinkleTushies has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just renewed my membership. First time I've had it since starting couponing. Much easier to know my prices and what's a rip off now ! Cereal? Nooooo! Cheese, especially the string cheeses, yes! Bread I get at the outlet for $1 a loaf. But produce is decent, some frozen items. No on soda. I got a new stockpile shelf there. And the meat is higher priced, however, seems better quality. I talked with the butcher guy and for ground beef they do NOT use pink slime, and they grind it there. They test every batch to make sure the fat content is not MORE than what the label says, however it is often less. The label said 80 something percent, but he told me when he tested it that day that batch was actually 94/6. Score!! I've been having meat trouble at other grocery stores so I was happy. I also bought/will buy in future:

Spices
Bottled water
Applesauce
Syrup
Naked juice smoothies
String cheese
Folgers coffee

Items I think I can do better with coupons:

Milk
Cereal
Packaged foods
Snacks
Soda
Juices
Diapers

Wishlist:
The Following User Says Thank You to TinkleTushies For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 AM

Jin555 has posted more than 300 great deals!Jin555 has posted more than 300 great deals!Jin555 has posted more than 300 great deals!Jin555 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Gas
Trash bags
Sponges
Shampoo
Baby spinach
bananas
carrots
Organic or natural Chicken
Tooth brush replacement heads
Kitchen towels (1x purchase)
Paper towels Kirklands
Tissue paper kirklands
Toilet paper lowest price
shaving cream
pumpkin/apple pie for thanksgiving
Mouth Wash
Shark Steam cleaner (1x purchase)
Baking soda
Lime juice
Blue Berry muffins Bogo only
Clothes (Ck Jeans)
Plant (money tree)
Basmati Rice

Use to buy:
Costco brand coffee
Laundry detergent
pillows
Bath Towels
Dog food (changed due to manufacturer)
Olive oil
Chicken jerky ( questioned ingredients )

Usually purchases with coupons but sometimes there are better deals instead like instant rebates at the registers (love those).

Last edited by Jin555; 06-04-2012 at 02:49 AM.