Does BJ's Take Food Stamps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Coupon User

Mtnl22 has posted more than 5 good deals
Does BJ's take food stamps?

Not sure if this is the right place but someone said bj's takes foodstamps. Is that right, i have never heard of bj's taking foodstamps in my life.

Last edited by aidan&logansmommy; 01-22-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM

RE: Does BJ's take food stamps?

I love Target!
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hmm, I'm not sure if they take food stamps. I know some assistance programs have a kind of pre-paid debit card, so it could probably be used at BJ's...I'm not completely sure of the rules regarding the food stamp program. It probably varies from state to state, or even county to county.

You could probably call either your local BJ's or the corporate number to find out for sure...hope that helps a little!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to princesspsu57 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
lolabear has posted more than 25 good deals
i called and asked them and they said they do not take it even tho its like a debit card
Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 AM

my coupon binder is smoking!!!

My Mood/Status:
asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!asaby has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
i use my ebt card(foodstamps) at bjs all the time the only thing is you have to go thru a cashier you can not do self check out with foodstamps.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
sandygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!sandygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!sandygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
it may vary by state - I my SIL can use food stamps at Sam's, and I can't here {OK vs. TX}
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
vickie08 has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnl22 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place but someone said bj's takes foodstamps. Is that right, i have never heard of bj's taking foodstamps in my life.
i work there yes we do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vickie08 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
recessionista has posted more than 400 great deals!recessionista has posted more than 400 great deals!recessionista has posted more than 400 great deals!recessionista has posted more than 400 great deals!recessionista has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickie08 View Post
i work there yes we do
Wow! What a nice and helpful first post ever! WeLcOmE!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
lolabear has posted more than 25 good deals
when i called before they said they didnt but today i saw a sign that said they do and then i called just to make sure i am so excited that they do!1
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolabear View Post
when i called before they said they didnt but today i saw a sign that said they do and then i called just to make sure i am so excited that they do!1
They recently changed their policy. I saw something about it in one of their coupon books or at the store.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I just went to bjs on Friday and there is a sign up that they now take ebt cards. I live in nh. I hope yours dose. I found a lot of great deals. I you do go stock pile your coupons because it by a three back of something you can use three mnf coupons. I had more coupons than i did items. just bemindful that when i went they do check your coupons against your items before they scan them so go when you have extra time.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 AM

kymber has posted more than 25 good deals
I live in MA..my sister went to the Plymouth BJ's about a year ago. She was told they were accepted but when she went to the register she found out they were not. When she asked why the manager said "The owner feels that if you can afford a membership, you can afford to buy the food" My sister was obviously very embarressed and never went back.
Just about a month ago I went there and saw EBT accepted at the top of the register numbers. I did ask the girl at the register too, just to make sure, and she said they started accepting them again.
Even our local discount stores (Ocean State Job Lot) are accepting EBT!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM

MtnHarmony
Ours does in GA. We haven't tried it as we aren't members and just got food stamps. We called today and they said yes as we may try them there. (if we can get together the membership money)
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 AM

nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
HI--I just heard on public radio a news story about Costco starting to take food stamp debit cards. Don't know if every store is online yet, but apparently they did a trial in a few stores (including some NYC stores, maybe Brooklyn and the Bronx if I remember correctly?) and it went over HUGE and they decided to roll it out chain-wide.

One thing that they said in the news piece was that the traditional thinking was that people accepting assistance probably wouldn't sign up for a $50 membership in order to use food stamps at wholesale clubs, but apparently the trial run by Costco proves it wrong (DUH--with such good deals on milk, bread, bananas, chicken and other staples, a person using food stamps will be able to stretch their budget beyond the membership price!!) Anyhoo--hope that you have a Costco nearby that takes assistance debit cards
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 12:17 AM

rosalyvera has posted more than 1 good deal
thanks for sharing
Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
delekatala has posted more than 25 good deals
Wow i should call my local BJS, My sister gets foodstamps and is always struggling to get them to stretch.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 PM

CouponMasterFL has posted more than 1 good deal
I am so excited! I just got my approval for foodstamps. We have always done our initial grocery shopping at BJ's and then fill in the gaps from Target with whatever BJ's does not carry, or we did not want in large quantities. My pantry, fridge and freezer are bare. I am so excited about my big shopping day tomorrow at BJ's and Target to stock my kitchen with food!!!!! Thanks guys, I knew ya'll would have the answer!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!
dont forget to match up your manu Qs with the bjs Qs happy shoppen and fill that frige and freezer
Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Moderator =o)

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
OMGosh! YES YES YES - They take Foodstamps! And, you can do them at the self-checkout so YES YES to all of the above. My BJ's is soooo wonderful! I love BJ's.

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member??? - You can be a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Volunteer!

Love AFC? Like Helping Others? Please post in
for more info on becoming part of the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 16
, Khiara 8
, Kabreena 6
, Teigan 1
and SoCo 9
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
mysterysinc has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymber View Post
I live in MA..my sister went to the Plymouth BJ's about a year ago. She was told they were accepted but when she went to the register she found out they were not. When she asked why the manager said "The owner feels that if you can afford a membership, you can afford to buy the food" My sister was obviously very embarressed and never went back.
Just about a month ago I went there and saw EBT accepted at the top of the register numbers. I did ask the girl at the register too, just to make sure, and she said they started accepting them again.
Even our local discount stores (Ocean State Job Lot) are accepting EBT!

What an idiot manager! I would report them! You can always have a membership gifted to you. Or you can do what we used to do. My Mom liked Costco. I liked BJ's. She bought Costco and put me on it. I have mine with my husband, and get her whatever she wants when we go. I had two memberships for the price of one.