New To Couponing In A Small Town

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Mel27
New to Couponing in a small town

Hi, Im from a very small town and we only have 2 grocery stores and most coupons arent for Top Foods a local grocery store, other then that I only have Safeway, not even a Target . We have a VERY small newspaper but there are only a couple of coupons so I am trying to find a way to get more coupons so any help would be nice, thanks a bunch

Member name: Mel27

Name: Melanie

Stores I Shop at: Top Food and Safeway

Weekly grocery budget: $40

Number of people in my family:3

Number of pets: 2

Years Couponing/Refunding: 0

Favorite Coupon of all time: buy one get one free

What I hope to get from AFC: to learn to get more coupons

Hobbies/Interests:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 PM

RE: New to Couponing in a small town

Needs more time in a day & a third arm!

My Mood/Status:
morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!morgzack has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi and welcome to AFC! You have found one of the friendliest couponing communities around! You mentioned being in a small town with small inserts. Trading here on AFC is a great way to get extras, or you can join a coupon train which is another way to get Qs you need. Here's a few things to get you started:

When you are new, it can be a little overwhelming. When I first started, I couldn't figure out how to get back to the threads to which I had posted questions. Most people don't seem to have this problem, but it took me a while to figure it out! If you post to a forum on AFC, you can click the "settings" link at the very top right hand side of the page to see if there are any replies. If you see no links to your threads, it means no one has posted on that thread since you last visited it. Whenever someone does, you will see a link to the thread so that you can read replies.

When you first get started, you will probably see a lot of people using jargon that you may not understand like P&G, MIR, OYNP, etc. You can visit the Acronyms Used Here page to help you out! You might want to open that page in a new tab while browsing AFC so you have it handy if you see something you are unsure about.

There are so many great forums on AFC to learn about the best deals at grocery stores, drug stores, online stores etc. Go to the Forums tab at the top of your screen and scroll to see all your options! I bet you will find most or all of your local stores there! Couponing strategies vary greatly depending on the type of store (grocery store vs. discount stores vs. pharmacies). Take time to read posts and ask questions while you get your feet wet! Once you get started, it is addictive.

Each week, we list the coupons that come out in Sunday's paper! This is a great tool because every area gets a variation of coupons. Many wonderful members on AFC (and you can join us by adding yours if you like!) post the coupons that were released in their areas. You will find that checking this forum will help you find a ton of coupons that you may not have known about! The forum for this is called Sunday Supplement Coupons.

Another great way to find a certain coupon you may be looking for, or to see if there is coupon out that you need is to check the The Coupon Database here on AFC! If you find a coupon in a store, a magazine, or anywhere, be sure to add it to the database if someone hasn't beaten you to it!

Finally, when you have questions, a wonderful place to start is Couponing 101 and AFC 101. There are always people who are willing to help you out. Are you dizzy yet? Again, don't hesitate to ask questions! You can feel free to send me a PM anytime if you get stuck, and I will help anyway that I can. I think you will love it here!

By the way, keep an eye out in your SAFEWAY stores! They often have great booklets with coupons that are higher value than the common coupon. Those are great for saving you money and for trading. We don't have a Safeway here, but I always score the boards looking for new booklets that have come out there to add to my wishlist!

*** IVVDSO GM Movie Cash Codes from SMP General Mills Cereals! PM me if you have some to trade!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.