Weis Price Scan Guarantee

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:11 PM
loves to save money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Weis price scan guarantee

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of Weis' price scan guarantee. I just got back from Weis. I bought 4 packs of hot dog rolls. The shelf tag price was $1.29 and I was charged $1.35. I brought the receipt back into the store and ended up getting a refund of $1.53...a full refund of $1.35 on one pack and the price difference of .06 on the other 3 packs. So, it definitely pays to keep an eye on the shelf prices and your receipt. I've done this a couple of times in the past and gotten free kitty litter, grapes and other stuff.

"AT WEIS MARKETS, WE GUARANTEE OUR CUSTOMERS THAT THE PRICE CHARGED AT OUR SCANNING REGISTERS ON ANY ITEM IS CORRECT. IF THE PRICE CHARGED IS HIGHER THAN THE SHELF TAG PRICE, YOU RECEIVE ONE OF THE ITEMS FREE UP TO A LIMIT OF $10.00. FOR AN ITEM COSTING MORE THAN $10.00 CUSTOMER WILL RECEIVE $10.00 OFF THE LOWEST SHELF OR ADVERTISED PRICE. CUSTOMER WILL BE CHARGED THE CORRECT PRICE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL UNITS OF THAT PRODUCT IN THE ORDER.

Charged price includes prices for items that are scanned, price look-up items, or items for which the price is entered manually. Shelf tag price includes any displayed or posted price. Void when prohibited by federal, state or local law."
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kycha For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 05:37 AM

RE: Weis price scan guarantee

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!happyhousewife has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've had this happen to me as well. And they truly do give you free stuff! I once got a pack of chicken breast for free!
The Following User Says Thank You to happyhousewife For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Loves to get people to laugh

rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the reminder Kycha
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhousewife View Post
I've had this happen to me as well. And they truly do give you free stuff! I once got a pack of chicken breast for free!
I had those chicken breast ring up wrong for me too, they weren't very happy because three more people were behind me with the same thing. They quickly told the cashiers not to ring up any more chicken.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 PM

Jeweled has posted more than 200 great deals!Jeweled has posted more than 200 great deals!Jeweled has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had bread that was BOGO ring up at the wrong price. Since I was already getting one free, I got the difference. That didn't sound like the stated policy, which was in a huge sign at Customer Service. The manager on duty told me that it wasn't written anywhere, but that was how the policy applied to BOGOs.
I ended up returning both loaves of bread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeweled For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM

is having the time of her life!

coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Their produce is tricky to check in the Weis I go to, but at Giant they have the scales where you can print a label, I always do, and attach it to my shopping list. At check out, I manually put in the produce code, and verify that the prices match. I cannot tell you how many times it weighs more at checkout, and I get it free by taking it to CS.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coco2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 11:41 AM

loves to save money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kycha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco2 View Post
Their produce is tricky to check in the Weis I go to, but at Giant they have the scales where you can print a label, I always do, and attach it to my shopping list. At check out, I manually put in the produce code, and verify that the prices match. I cannot tell you how many times it weighs more at checkout, and I get it free by taking it to CS.
What a great idea! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kycha For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
happylife has posted more than 25 good deals
The price policy for price by pound items is that you get the first pound for free and the difference of the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to happylife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 06:49 PM

trikalicesam
wow! thats great! i was aware of their pricing policy, i once got a pack of tampons for free, what i do now is write the price next to the item(on my list) as i pick it up, then do self check out so i can check everything!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
eileenb58 has posted more than 50 good deals
I showed up last Thursday bright and early to get some sale items. I bought 8 items and NONE of them rang up with the new sale price. In the end, EVERYTHING was free! When I first went to the customer service desk, I was aggravated. But when I left, I was a very happy customer! I'll be on the front porch when they open this Thursday!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 PM

trikalicesam
HOLY !! thats amazing!!! maybe they put all their sales tags on Wed. night, and dont update the codes in the register?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 PM

kamiemd has posted more than 1 good deal
I found BOGO item in the sales ad and it rang up at $4.50, the price on the shelf was $3.75. They didn't give me any money back at all. It seems like its up to the manager. Same with meat I bought, the ad said if you bought kraft slices you get $1.50 of each meat order and I only got the first one. They didn't refund me anything.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks for the reminder. I have done this, but long ago. I need to keep a watchful eye again!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 PM

tacoesfeld has posted more than 25 good deals
I actually got my Thanksgiving turkey for free last year because the price tag was printed with the wrong price per lb. The cashier simply took it off my bill and did not charge me at all. Said if it scans wrong or has wrong price it's free. So I got a $30 turkey for nothing...amazing!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
GottaQpon4that? has posted more than 100 good deals!GottaQpon4that? has posted more than 100 good deals!
This just happened to me last weekend in the Altoona, PA store. We were travelling and since I have a Weis card, I stopped in to pick up some snacks for the kids. Weis yogurt was on sale 10/$4, so I grabbed ten but they rang up at .45 each.

I pointed it out to the sweet lady working customer service and after she refunded the overcharge and one freebie, I ended up getting them for .31 each!

Gotta love that policy