Wegmans Accepting Competitors Double/triple Manf. Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Jleigh010 has posted more than 10 good deals
Wegmans accepting competitors double/triple manf. coupons

Last week I saw a big hand-made sign at my local Wegmans saying they accept competitors' double/triple coupons (special coupons to double/triple manufacterers coupons found in weekly ads sometimes). I called the store this morning to make sure this was still so since the sign was gone. They verfied this was true and said they believe this is true of all Wegmans stores. I am in the Central New York area and Wegmans competes with Tops and Price Chopper who both occassionally offer special double and triple coupons in their ads. This week Tops has 4 coupons to double a manufacterers coupon of $1.00 up to $2.00 in their ad, so I will be using those at Wegmans. You may want to call your local store first to make sure they offer this also.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jleigh010 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM

RE: Wegmans accepting competitors double/triple manf. coupons

sweetpea0120

My Mood/Status:
Sweetpea0120 has posted more than 25 good deals
Nice to know! Too bad they dont accept other store Q's. Pricechopper had a q for that flavor water thing (I can't remember the name ) & wegmans won't accept it. :0/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mr & Mrs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stephen
Elijah
Makayla
Hunter
Nemo & sqirt
Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Is there a pricechopper in your area? I ask because sometimes Weg's will accept comp q's but only within a certain distance. If there is, I'd check with Customer Service and see what happened.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 AM

sweetpea0120

My Mood/Status:
Right down the road....literally 2 mins away. I asked customer service but the girl was in high-school & she wasn't too sure if they did or not. I wanted to ask for a manager but didn't feel like waiting I might call & double check.

Mr & Mrs
Stephen
Elijah
Makayla
Hunter
Nemo & sqirt
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM

Jleigh010 has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea0120 View Post
Right down the road....literally 2 mins away. I asked customer service but the girl was in high-school & she wasn't too sure if they did or not. I wanted to ask for a manager but didn't feel like waiting I might call & double check.
I'm in Syracuse too and I was referring to the James St. store in East Syracuse. They are the ones that had the sign and confirmed they were taking them. Its not one of the better Wegmans' but its the one I shop at the most because its less than a mile away. Since Price Chopper and Tops are all over Syracuse along with Wegmans, I would assume all the Wegmans in the county would take them. Definitely call a manger.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 PM

littma53 has posted more than 25 good deals
I live near Buffalo Ny and my Wegmans has been taking competitors coupons for a while now. Not sure when it started exactly but I have been taking the Tops dollar doublers there for at least a year. ( a cashier saw that I was a couponer and told me about taking other stores coupons The funny thing is they are less restrictive about them than Tops is! Therefor I mostly shop at Wegmans when they do the doublers less of a hassle!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:05 PM

sweetpea0120

My Mood/Status:
I shop @ the one in Cicero. I used to shop @ James st until all my classmates started working there I'm definitely going to call & ask...it doesn't seem right that they wouldn't

Mr & Mrs
Stephen
Elijah
Makayla
Hunter
Nemo & sqirt
Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I usually shop in Cicero, both Price Chopper and Wegmans take each others coupons.
Price Chopper also takes Target Coupons - not sure if Wegmans does but I imagine they would.
They both will take take the doubler coupon from Tops circular this weekend as well.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 AM

sweetpea0120

My Mood/Status:
Thanks so much! That definitely will save me some time & gas in the future

Mr & Mrs
Stephen
Elijah
Makayla
Hunter
Nemo & sqirt
Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Yeah I don't think Wegmans limits the Tops doublers, unlike Tops which limits 4 per transaction and you have to have $15 in groceries. The only reason I'm using any at Tops this week is that it's the last week for gas points this month.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
wegman99 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIceQueen View Post
Yeah I don't think Wegmans limits the Tops doublers, unlike Tops which limits 4 per transaction and you have to have $15 in groceries. The only reason I'm using any at Tops this week is that it's the last week for gas points this month.
I didn't ask, but I think 4 is still the limit. Also, the $15 minimum is not enforced either, I hit $14.50 and they still took 4 bucks off with the 4 coupon doublers.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
Update - I called Wegmans yesterday and they said that the limit is 4 per customer. Though I wonder if I shop with my husband if they'd let me use 8 (or if I'd have to split the transaction?)
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 AM

debbydeluxe has posted more than 75 good deals!
My Rochester area store is not accepting them
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbydeluxe View Post
My Rochester area store is not accepting them
Aw...I'm sorry...