New To The Olympic Penninsula

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 11:50 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

uscgwifey has posted more than 1 good deal
New to the Olympic Penninsula

Hi all,

I just relocated to the Olympic Peninsula from Rhode Island. While living in Rhode Island I became familiar with couponing at CVS and was able to create a small stock pile.
Well now that we are in Washington and there are NO CVS' stores in the entire state I am at a loss. Prices for everything seem to be much higher here than they were on the East coast.
Here in my small town we have a Walgreens, Rite Aid, Albertsons, Safeway & Super Walmart. I have zero experience couponing at any of these places.
I am also having trouble figuring out which paper I should be buying? Most of the papers in our town are sold from paper machines so I cannot check for coupons before buying a paper.
Today I bought a Peninsula Daily News and there were only 3 inserts in it. There should have been 5.
Any advice, suggestions or help of any kind is greatly appreciated. My stock pile is dwindling.
Thank you!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 07:05 PM

RE: New to the Olympic Penninsula

My Mood/Status:
Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
In Utah, our Red Plum comes in the mail, not in the paper. I wonder if that's what WA is like and that's why you only got 3? Rite Aid and Walgreen's have great sales just like CVS, check out those forums and you should be able to get your stockpile back up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 PM

kateamonsta has posted more than 25 good deals
hi and welcome to Washington. I'm not positive about the peninsula area but it sounds like you get the red plum mailed to you. it used to come the Tuesday before it was in the Sunday paper but now it seems it comes anywhere from Tuesday to Thursday following the Sunday its in the paper. The only paper I know that used to (not sure if it still does) carry it was the Tacoma News Tribune. depending where on the peninsula you are I would think year you would have access to it, probably at Wal-mart. That is if the scavengers haven't stolen them all. Dollsr tree is a good place to go as the paper is only a buck but the trib goes quick, some stores limit your purchase, and there is no early edition of the trib. also look carefully for your inserts because the paper people have gotten wise to the thieves and put the inserts inside of others so you need to search. also be aware, some paper delivery personell are a bit shady, Ive bought bundles of papers that have been void of inserts and technically they can do this because they buy the papers from the Times and resell them tho the stores and then get credit for what they have left over. so according to the dollar tree it is buyer beware cuz you get what you get. also there is almost never a target insert or rite aid in the early edition But if you have targets app you can look fir stored and do seattle pikes plaza's ad. it's a city tsrget and sometimes has different qz. Ive never been to that one but I heard they play music.
sorry to blab on and on. oh. Fred Meyer is great to shop. app is pretty good they are a kroger store (as is QFC) So if you have rewards from them they do transfer and must of the sales are the same as are the catalinas.
so welcome and feel free to pm me if you need any more info. here's a small preview of northwest life for you. I love this it is beautiful! !

http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/...e-lapse-video/
*enjoy! !*
Old 08-23-2014, 06:30 AM

uscgwifey has posted more than 1 good deal
Thank you. I really don't think there are many couponers here in town because none of the deals are ever gone and the cashiers seem amazed that I am getting such great deals. We have a Rite Aid, Walgreens & Walmart here.
I did buy some Seattle Times at the Dollar Store this week (8/17) paper but there was only a SS in it. I don't think the Red Plum comes in the mail here. At least it hasn't come to me.
I bought a Peninsula Daily Times 2 weeks ago and it was missing the inserts. I took it back to the paper office and they gave me new inserts. I was happy about that.
Our Target is about 2 hours away so I wont be doing much shopping there.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:41 PM

I would either ask your local post office about the red plum or you can contact red plum online and "subscribe" for free
Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 PM

seattlesue has posted more than 100 good deals!seattlesue has posted more than 100 good deals!
Tacoma News Tribune has the best coupons inserts. Way better than the Seattle Times.
The Following User Says Thank You to seattlesue For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2014, 06:16 PM

So you still get the red plum in them? My bf used to live in spanaway and they were mailed and in the papers. in a recent trip to Renton the paper didn't have the rp. it was the 5 insert weekend. same with the papers at Fred Meyer on 45th in Seattle. Do know of a good location I can buy the papers? dollar stores usually sell out quickly, AND I live in Bothell so if you know a spot not too far south (bf lives up here now) or even one farther north I.e.mount vernon maybe. my postal service is unreliable half the Times my inserts are just the cover and a few pages. :'(