Price Match Meat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 12:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
jenfur427 has posted more than 150 good deals!jenfur427 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Price match meat?

How does price matching meat at Walmart work? I've price matched produce and boxed stuff before, and that's obviously easy to figure out.

I was in line today behind a lady who was price matching everything. She got a couple of huge steaks that Walmart had priced at $18.xx, and she price matched another ad for $5.xx. Same with a bag of chicken, it rang up I think $10.xx, and she price matched an ad that said 39 cents a pound for chicken legs, and the cashier just multiplied the 39 cents times the ten pounds, and priced it at $3.90.

For those who successfully PM meat, what do you look for? The same grade? Only certain kinds? I asked the cashier about it (who wasn't very friendly and seemed irritated about the lady saving a crap ton of money) and he said that they don't check the ads for other stuff, but they have to see the ad for meat and eggs.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM

RE: Price match meat?

My drug of choice "Coupons"

My Mood/Status:
cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I always bring my ad with me to price match. My walmart price match meat if it is the same brand ie tyson to tyson. If no name is given they will usually price match. HTH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajungirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I price match meat all the time. If it's Tyson you are price matching then you have to get Tyson. If it's just "chicken breasts, boneless/skinless" then you have to get the no name walmart boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you have a question about the cut of meat ask someone in the meat department to show you what you can get for what you are price matching in the ad and be sure to get their name. That way if the ad has slightly different wording but is the same thing you can reference the person that told you it was the same. That's what I do when that happens.

For the first time, my last trip I was told I had to have the ad for price matching meat. I carry them with me anyway, this is just the first time I was asked for them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tagarza For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
jenfur427 has posted more than 150 good deals!jenfur427 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Yeah, the cashier said that they were told they had to see the ads for meat and eggs, but not produce or box stuff.

I didn't know that Walmart had "no name walmart boneless skinless chicken breasts". I always get our chicken from Costco. Is it in a bag?

Thanks for the tip on asking someone in the meat department. Would you just tell the cashier that so and so said it was the same?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah it's just "market" or something like that. And yes I would tell them that I spoke with so and so in the meat department and they said this is the item that matches the ad. That way they know you didn't just grab it and hope it would work. I've never had a problem.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank you! I'm a SAHM to 4 girls, so I'm trying to save money where ever I can.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM

I hear ya! I'm a SAHM to 3 kids and I try to save as much as I can also. I price match 5 different stores at Walmart every week. When I stock up on meat I have been able to save over $100 in a single shopping trip just on price matching alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tagarza For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarza View Post
I hear ya! I'm a SAHM to 3 kids and I try to save as much as I can also. I price match 5 different stores at Walmart every week. When I stock up on meat I have been able to save over $100 in a single shopping trip just on price matching alone.
That's awesome! I've been successful at doing deals at CVS for shampoo and such, but now I'm trying to expand my grocery money savings.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM

Same here, I'm in Houston and we don't have stores that double/triple q's so grocery deals are hard to come by. Price matching helps me a ton! I just wish HEB did it! Then I'd never step foot in a Walmart again !
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarza View Post
Same here, I'm in Houston and we don't have stores that double/triple q's so grocery deals are hard to come by. Price matching helps me a ton! I just wish HEB did it! Then I'd never step foot in a Walmart again !
Exactly! I get so jealous when I read all these deals about stores doubling Q's. If any of the stores around me do it, they're keeping it a secret cause I don't know of any who do.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 PM

Randalls, Sellers Bros and Food Fair do I think....just one like q though so not really worth my time or the drive.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
We have Tom Thumb (crazy overpriced), Krogers, Albertsons and Brookshires around us.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM

ammie06 has posted more than 25 good deals
I cannot wait to price match meat. I never knew they even did that- only tried boxed food and can goods. Looking forward to shopping next month
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammie06 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
rraikk has posted more than 200 great deals!rraikk has posted more than 200 great deals!rraikk has posted more than 200 great deals!
I always price match meat
Make sure you take the ad though since wm can be lil wee haed on meat
also make sure you check the dates on the meat!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rraikk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have tried to PM meat only a couple times. Once it was Purdue whole cut up chicken. The CSM tries to tell me they can't PM it bc their butchers cut and package it. On what planet? So no I don't PM meat. I trust the meat at the other store more anyway.