Will Not Take Online Coupon If It Does Not Scan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Mia414 has posted more than 25 good deals
Will not take online coupon if it does not scan

I was just at wal Mart and picked up 2 of the glade expression. I had the $3 printed Coupon from coupon.com. It would scan and the cashier told me that if it does not scan, she could not manually enter and it and I could not use it. Is this a new policy or has this happened to anyone else? I have not had any issues with these Q at Wags. I don't know if it's their scanner or how the lady was scanning but I also had $1 Q for Capri sun and it did not scan either. The $1 reach Q went through just fine but it was not an online Q. Any idea what happened?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 PM

RE: Will not take online coupon if it does not scan

money saving mander

alf198618 has posted more than 5 good deals
I had to review the coupon policy says it has to scan:/ to b valid. Walmart must be really cracking down on their rules.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!
I've had it happen to me as well. If you want to give them suggestions, coupons scan best:
1) Usually with the hand scanner
2) If that doesn't work, if the cashier covers up the non-usable bar code on the coupon (for coupons that have more than one!), then it may go through then.

But yeah, mine won't take coupons unless they scan too. Probably to cut down on fraud.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
SweetTrix has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf198618
I had to review the coupon policy says it has to scan:/ to b valid. Walmart must be really cracking down on their rules.
Does this apply to insert coupons as well?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM

Blondie1026 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Blondie1026 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Blondie1026 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Blondie1026 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Blondie1026 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Blondie1026 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTrix

Does this apply to insert coupons as well?
I think so, well at my local Walmart they will not accept ANY coupons if they do not scan....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i <3 my 3 little Angels!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
tjordan07 has posted more than 50 good deals
I was told this before at Walmart. It was with a different printed coupon though and the cashier said if it doesn't scan then they can not take it. I believe they can manually enter it but they are not suppose to. The coupon policy even states that they can refuse to take them if they do not scan. I did use my $3 off glade coupons and Walmart a few weeks ago and I had no issues with them. They beeped and asked if they were it was a valid amount or something like that and all of the cashiers got it to work.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM

KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!
I don't think I've ever been denied use of a coupon at WM. Usually, if it beeps, the cashier just swears at the machine under her breath or calls it stupid and manually enters it.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiniMarii For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 AM

josa76 has posted more than 400 great deals!josa76 has posted more than 400 great deals!josa76 has posted more than 400 great deals!josa76 has posted more than 400 great deals!josa76 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I think the WM here has had that 'rule' for a while, if it doesn't scan they won't take it.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 AM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Mine has never taken a Q that won't scan, so it's a crap shoot if I am going to get all of my items until the cashier holds the scanner to it to see if it'll scan. I had a coupon for the Good Nites bed mats and it didn't scan for the cashier. I tried it at another store and that cashier scanned it with no problem...so it seems to be also the skill of the cashier, too.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My walmart is the same way, if the printables will not scan, they can refuse them. Depending on the cashier, I offer the same advice as above, cover one of the barcodes, use the hand scanner etc. If not, I just tuck it away for next time, have them take the item off and give it a go the next time I am in. I make some off the cuff remark about guess its time to buy new printer ink, getting a little fuzzy and let it go.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
southernbelle64 has posted more than 100 good deals!southernbelle64 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Ya know, I heard this just the other day for the first time too. One of my coupons wouldn't scan and I think it was Biore one and not a printable (but had both, and can
't remember for sure) and the cashier said something like, "well we haven't gotten the memo yet, so I am just going to vendor coupon it". I asked what she meant and she said they were getting new registers and memos coming with them that states if the coupon does not scan they will not accept it period. I was like, "fabulous, just fabulous," because couponing keeps getting harder and harder it seems.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 PM

Nanpons
I had the same thing happen with Adidas coupons at Walmart.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!Alexther has posted more than 200 great deals!
It happen to me once but since the coupon bar codes changed ,the register couldnt recognize it. And lady told me registers hasnt been updated with new barcodes....