Price Matching With Staples

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Price matching with staples

I read the price matching policy but I am not sure about one thing.

Most of the staples deals are limited in quantity..like only 2 items per customer.
If i price match at walmart..will they only price match for 2 items as well? Or can i buy more than that for the adjusted price?
Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missattitude For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM

RE: Price matching with staples

My Mood/Status:
One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!
All things considered, they *should* limit you to how many the Staples ad limits you to. However, other people here have had their Wal-Marts not stick to the limits, so I think you should *expect* them to stick to the limit, but it seems like some of them don't. (Or the cashiers don't notice; I'm sure right now is a busy time for them.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to One_Kayla For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!
I have never done that. I would suggest u try to price match it with two at first.If they give u trouble with that then do not buy more than 2 the next time you go. If they don't then you should try to buy more of them a few days later though. Also if you are trying to do the staples penny deals they might make u buy an additional $5 worth of stuff.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zooda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Grounded for Life

neweuquol has posted more than 100 good deals!neweuquol has posted more than 100 good deals!
I never understood the concept behind price matching at wal Mart. Why not just go to the store offering the lower price so there is no hassle? Frankly it could just me and my reluctance to go to wal mart for anything other than my contacts and eye exams.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neweuquol For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!zooda has posted more than 300 great deals!
Well you can price match if u don't have the time to go to a whole bunch of different stores and also if a store has a limit of 4 like coupons u can price match it then use more than 4 coupons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I price match because I live rurally so it saves me gas and time. Also, Kmart and cvs are 30 miles from our town, so I miss out on ebc's and crt's if I price match them but I save my gas money and my time. My time is very precious, so anything that allows me to have time and money to devote to the most important things ( kids) it is worth it to me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazy8kids For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM

KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweuquol
I never understood the concept behind price matching at wal Mart. Why not just go to the store offering the lower price so there is no hassle? Frankly it could just me and my reluctance to go to wal mart for anything other than my contacts and eye exams.
I price match because we are a one-car family and DH needs the car for work...he's gone 12-13 hours a day 5 days a week (more if there's weekend OT). Weekends are both our family time AND our shopping/errand time, and I don't want to waste it driving to multiple stores. It also saves gas money, which maximizes our savings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KiniMarii For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweuquol
I won't say I don't PM, but it is very rare for me to do it because, like you, I hate stepping foot in Walmart. I will usually only PM if my store is out of stock on the item. I hate dealing with rain checks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctacktor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Grounded for Life

neweuquol has posted more than 100 good deals!neweuquol has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thanks for the replies. Frankly, I rather not deal with Wal Mart. Before I started couponing I still went to Winn Dixie for groceries and paid a little more to avoid the trek to wal mart. Their meat is disgusting to me (other than the boneless chicken thighs and breast) and dealing with their "trained staff" is simply not worth saving $3.00 or so.

I hate dealing with the hassle of getting their actual prices. I can't imagine dealing with them trying to get them to accept someone else's prices. I can see them telling me they don't carry Winn Dixie brand eggs so they can't price match Wal Mart branded eggs. No thank you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neweuquol For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 PM

AFC Star Member

crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My WM limited me to the Staples quantity andd would not honor the Bic deal on the mechanical pencils.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crybaby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 PM

KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!KiniMarii has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crybaby
My WM limited me to the Staples quantity andd would not honor the Bic deal on the mechanical pencils.
I don't think WM had the exact same pack of mechanical pencils, which is probably why they didn't honor it.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiniMarii For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 PM

AFC Star Member

crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Mine did have the exact product- it was not the 5 plus one freebie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crybaby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crybaby
Mine did have the exact product- it was not the 5 plus one freebie
How strange...
The Following User Says Thank You to KiniMarii For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
saversaver2011 has posted more than 50 good deals
Fyi same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crybaby View Post
Our walmart did the same thing to me.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
A little late for this, but mine did have the exact mechanical pencils, was not gonna do the pm , finally did and then very nastily said well you can only get 4. Which was fine with me. I only go to Wal-mart for MM's. In fact many times I don't even bother with them. Lately they have been on every nerve I have. I have to drive to get to any of them, and by the time I figure in Gas and my time, they are usually not even worth it. But a good MM always sucks me back in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barracuda For This Useful Post: