New Schick $2 Off Coupon - New Wording

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

batty has posted more than 100 good deals!batty has posted more than 100 good deals!
Question new Schick $2 off coupon - new wording

Has anyone seen the new Schick $2 off 1 pack of disposable razors that came out in today's Smart Source?
there's a new little thing on it....it says (no cash back if coupon exceeds retail price) ....i find that interesting.

So does this override store policy? I mean at Walmart (at least for me)....that whole .03 isn't something I'm going to get, it will just go towards tax.
So is this coupon saying that basically it'll have to be scaled down to $1.97 if we use it on the packs we've been using it on?

I wonder if more coupons are going to do this and will eliminate overage for us.

Also....why are they having issues with the overage is what I'm interested in....if everyone's going to be getting comped for the money.... if that makes sense.

We use the coupon - get $1.97 razors for free + .03 overage = $2
Walmart turns in the coupon - they get their $2 + .08 cents handling fee from Schick
....so even if Walmart didn't put that .03 towards our total....wouldn't they still be collecting the entire $2.08 from Schick?

I don't know....I guess that wording just made me start to think about how overage could go away if that catches on with companies.
Makes me bummed to think about that because I use that overage to actually buy food and such I need. :/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to batty For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM

RE: new Schick $2 off coupon - new wording

about to go shopping again!

My Mood/Status:
brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
idk?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:32 PM

batty has posted more than 100 good deals!batty has posted more than 100 good deals!
i know there's no real answer to this there....was just thinking out loud....
Old 01-08-2012, 10:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
They will scan it and it will just come off as $2.

As long as they aren't giving you cash back, I don't see the issue. Tax is after coupons here so the 3 cents would be applied to other items.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
someran has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!someran has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!someran has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!someran has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!someran has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!someran has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Have you read the some of the coupons in the Healthy Essentials Smart Source...like the one for Listerine...it states "one coupon per person" and no more than four like coupons for the same product in the same transaction. I can hear the arguments from the cashiers now. That verbage makes absolutely no sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to someran For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2012, 02:07 AM

jimmyandrobin has posted more than 150 good deals!jimmyandrobin has posted more than 150 good deals!
I read that too. Just to keep the cashiers at bay, I only use 4 like coupons. I am in wm several times a week so I just pick up 4 of what I have q's for each time I go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyandrobin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2012, 01:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Makes you wonder if legally a company can tell WM if they can give back money or not....I am seeing more and more wording that leaves me wondering. At some point even people who want to q correctly will just throw up their hands and hope the q goes through.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoanJosephine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM

banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My walmart stopped taking the $2 coupon for the $1.97 packs! In the past I had been able to use them, that is when I could find them in stock, but the last time I was in there the cashier said I couldn't use that coupon on that package. I told her I had done so before and she tried it but the register would not let it go through! UGH!
Oh, well, I guess that whoever hid a bunch of those Schick packs underneath the Bic ones is going to get a surprise when they come back with their coupons and try to buy them!
The Following User Says Thank You to banjo&inky For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM

amber2733 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo&inky
My walmart stopped taking the $2 coupon for the $1.97 packs! In the past I had been able to use them, that is when I could find them in stock, but the last time I was in there the cashier said I couldn't use that coupon on that package. I told her I had done so before and she tried it but the register would not let it go through! UGH!
Oh, well, I guess that whoever hid a bunch of those Schick packs underneath the Bic ones is going to get a surprise when they come back with their coupons and try to buy them!
Lol!!! I love when I find the hidden treasures my fellow couponers hide! I would have stuck a note in there

But, on topic, when 'that show' came along a lot of awesome coupons ended. I don't think overage will end, Walmart is a huge corp. Which has the edge of other stores of giving cash back, and a lot of buying power to the manufacturers putting out these coupons. So, unless it starts hurting Walmart, which is pretty unlikely, I don't think it'll change.
The Following User Says Thank You to amber2733 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 08:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If we didn't have some people using coupons on the wrong products for overages or returning the items they did get overages on in attempt for more money it would probably be different.
It's really easy to say oh well it didn't beep or the cashier didn't say anything, but it's the couponers responsibility to read the wording and use them correctly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngBuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Looking forward to Sunday's Paper
Super Member!

My Mood/Status:
surfingpair has posted more than 100 good deals!surfingpair has posted more than 100 good deals!
Can someone post a picture of these $1.97 packages? I can't seem to find any multi-packs for less that $4.00.
The Following User Says Thank You to surfingpair For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 PM

yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!yay4coupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
the printable schick ones that everyone used as a mm a few months back already said that. the $6/2 printables ones. at the very bottom.
The Following User Says Thank You to yay4coupons For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 01:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
image-1847688451.jpg

Surfingpair, here is a picture
Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 AM

Shopping

My Mood/Status:
cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cindia86 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
As long as I get them for free I am happy.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 AM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Never underestimate WalMart's influence on manufacturers. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find that WalMart publicly advertises giving overage while privately negotiating with manufacturers to add this type of language to their coupons so that they don't actually have to give overage but are able to maintain the illusion that they do.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mirandavid has posted more than 10 good deals
Hey Batty, I hear ya. I have been saying for some time now that all coupons will come with an attorney....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirandavid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
You are so right (wm issue). There is definitely a dark side there.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:03 AM

mamaeaves
yeah I have been buying these every time I can but keeping them in stock around here is crazy they are hard to get but I was able to get 5 packs a few days ago and was shocked they had them, but for the past months they have a $3.00 off coupon inside so it's a good money maker. And I didn't think they would be coming out with any more with those coupons but when I got them the other day they sure did still have the $3.00 off coupon inside! And I live in Upstate N.Y. Has anyone else gotten any of these with the coupon in them?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeaves View Post
yeah I have been buying these every time I can but keeping them in stock around here is crazy they are hard to get but I was able to get 5 packs a few days ago and was shocked they had them, but for the past months they have a $3.00 off coupon inside so it's a good money maker. And I didn't think they would be coming out with any more with those coupons but when I got them the other day they sure did still have the $3.00 off coupon inside! And I live in Upstate N.Y. Has anyone else gotten any of these with the coupon in them?
I did today in the Dayton Ohio area !
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM

djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
The $3.00 coupon inside of the $1.97 packages are not a money maker because they are not supposed to be used on the $1.97 packages -- it is not the same product. The razors that the $3.00 coupon is good for sell for about 5.97 a package.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djones9714 View Post
The $3.00 coupon inside of the $1.97 packages are not a money maker because they are not supposed to be used on the $1.97 packages -- it is not the same product. The razors that the $3.00 coupon is good for sell for about 5.97 a package.
Exactly. The $3/1 coupon is for the ST2 Razors. The coupon has a picture of the ones it's for on it,so not sure why people are using it on the $1.97 ones as they are NOT ST2 razors. The pack is 10 plain razors with a BONUS of two ST2 razors.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:12 AM

ladytitan has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by djones9714
Omg I.didnt know that. I even asked the cashier and it stated on the coupon 12 s2t or whatever and they said its the same thing
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 AM

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
The last time this coupon came out it also said no cash back and it beeped at Walmart on the $1.97 razors, cashier had to over ride it to $1.97q, hth
Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 PM

kaitlinrt has posted more than 100 good deals!kaitlinrt has posted more than 100 good deals!
I was able to use the $2 Schick Q today on the $1.97 pack. I was shocked to find a huge full bin of them! I only had three of the Q's but did purchase the 10 ct plus 2 bonus razor pack that someone else pictured previously. The overage did go towards my other purchases. I even made sure the cashier was aware of the stipulations on the coupons. She took it as they could take them as long as I didn't get money back.

I have not opened my packs yet but it looks like the coupon inside the packaging(for me atleast) states " $3 off schick ST2 OR Slim Twin 12 ct". I did not price out the slim twin packs but I wonder if those packages would still be free or a mm.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
The st2 are $5.97 each
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessbme For This Useful Post: