Can U Use A Bogo Free Q With A Cents Off Q?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 07:37 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

richardsont17 has posted more than 5 good deals
Help Sign Can u use a bogo free q with a cents off q?

I have in the past used a bogo coupon with a cents off. My last trip I was told I couldn't do this bc the bogo covered both items. The coupon policy doesn't say n e thing about this. Help!???

Last edited by richardsont17; 10-22-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Labeled wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to richardsont17 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:16 PM

RE: Can u use a bogo free q with a cents off q?

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If its two manufact. q's on one item, I don't think Wal-mart does it
The Following User Says Thank You to AngBuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 09:26 PM

Grounded for Life

krazycouponlady90 has posted more than 100 good deals!krazycouponlady90 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I used a coupon on a bogo coupon at WM earlier this month.
The cashier tried to say it would beep and I told her that the coupon attaches to the item I am paying for and to try it and it won't beep. Well it went through with no beeps and she said huh.
The Following User Says Thank You to krazycouponlady90 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 01:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jenchalton has posted more than 100 good deals!Jenchalton has posted more than 100 good deals!
I did the BOGO Pearl Tampons coupons with the $1.00 Compax tampons. I used the $1 off first and then the other with no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenchalton For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 02:42 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've been doing this for years and it's one of the few things I've never had a problem with. Typically the bogo q only attaches to the free item so you can use the mfr q on the one you are paying for.

I've been couponing for 30+ years. I can't imagine ever shopping without them
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok, gotcha, didn't read closely enough to see the x/2. So am I correct then that a Q for x/1 should pair easily with a BOGO?
Also, how about a B2GO sale? My Dollar General recently had a B2GO on Cheeto's. I had a Q for $1/2 so I could not for the life of me decide if I bought 2 deals (6 bags with 2 free) whether I could use 2 or 3 Q's so I just didn't get any at all! LOL, I should have asked someone here!
The Following User Says Thank You to deneisetorres For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 09:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneisetorres View Post
Ok, gotcha, didn't read closely enough to see the x/2. So am I correct then that a Q for x/1 should pair easily with a BOGO?
Also, how about a B2GO sale? My Dollar General recently had a B2GO on Cheeto's. I had a Q for $1/2 so I could not for the life of me decide if I bought 2 deals (6 bags with 2 free) whether I could use 2 or 3 Q's so I just didn't get any at all! LOL, I should have asked someone here!
Yes, a $/1 q should pair with a BOGO q in stores that don't specifically say you can't in their policy (Target says you can't). It may be a YMMV even at a store that doesn't say anything about it in their policy.

In your case with the BOGO store sale it might be different. Wags will allow you to use a q on the free item in their BOGO sales (stated in their policy) but again it's a YMMV for any other store. In the Cheetos scenario, you could *technically* use three $1/2 q's to buy six bags. The store and a lot of couponers would probably argue that using a q on the items made free by the BOGO sale is unethical, though.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS12,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS10,
nephew,
niece, 2
and 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evenkeel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 AM

:-)
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can not combine a Bogo coupon with a $x/2 coupon.

However, you can combine a Bogo coupon with a $x/1 coupon as long as either coupon does not prohibit it!

Any discussion about misuse will result in a rule reminder and posts/thread will be edited or removed.

Thanks for understanding!

Do you want to become an AFC Forum Leader?

Openings and requirements can be found
!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TJ_2008 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenkeel View Post
. In the Cheetos scenario, you could *technically* use three $1/2 q's to buy six bags. The store and a lot of couponers would probably argue that using a q on the items made free by the BOGO sale is unethical, though.
Yeah, that was kinda my thinking, too. Maybe if it comes up again, I will just ask the Store Manager and abide by their interpretation of the Store Policy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deneisetorres For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 11:53 AM

richardsont17 has posted more than 5 good deals
Well I went this morning and did the $ off q first then the bogo qs and had no problems! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to richardsont17 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 11:56 AM

coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My walmart deal yesterday...
4 tampax pearl 18 count 4.18
2 BOGO coupons
2 2.00 off
=4.36
ended up being buy 1 get 3 free
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ingramdeb For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 09:42 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Edit

The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_2008
You can not combine a Bogo coupon with a $x/2 coupon.

However, you can combine a Bogo coupon with a $x/1 coupon as long as either coupon does not prohibit it!

Any discussion about misuse will result in a rule reminder and posts/thread will be edited or removed.

Thanks for understanding!
What about this scenario? Use .50/2 q and two bogo qs for a total of 4 items. I bought 2, so I used 2 bogo qs and got 4 bottles of suave pro. Just wondering if I messed up lil
The Following User Says Thank You to annacgunter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 06:24 AM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annacgunter

What about this scenario? Use .50/2 q and two bogo qs for a total of 4 items. I bought 2, so I used 2 bogo qs and got 4 bottles of suave pro. Just wondering if I messed up lil
That looks kosher to me, as you are "buying" 2, you can use a $/2. Hth!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JStacklie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM

Looking for buddy fruits IPS, please?

My Mood/Status:
couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmommy06 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Can i use a bogo free coupon with a $1/2 coupon if I get 3 items? and which do I hand over first?

and a 3 year old boy! Dating an amazing man
with two cute daughters
8 and
15 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponmommy06 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponmommy06
Can i use a bogo free coupon with a $1/2 coupon if I get 3 items? and which do I hand over first?
Well you'd get four items then it would be fine. Because you are paying for two items.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
thevampire has posted more than 25 good deals
Thank you for this awesome couponing lesson. I never knew I could add another coupon for $ off with a buy one get one free coupon!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to thevampire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponmommy06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
Well you'd get four items then it would be fine. Because you are paying for two items.

It does not matter what order you give the coupons and you would only have to purchase 3 not 4 to use those 2 coupons. I personally always use my B1G1 coupons first and then separate the coupon for the $xx off xx so that avoids cashiers trying to not accept them or question them. HTH
Old 10-26-2011, 02:36 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
You could get just three items but that would kind of negate the point of bogo....

Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!annacgunter has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock
You could get just three items but that would kind of negate the point of bogo....

Here's what I did at dillons the other day... The large suave professional shampoo and conditioner was $2.99 each. I used one .50/2 q which doubled to a $1 giving me both for $5 then uses 2 bogo qs making all 4 $5. Everything went thru w no problems and I didn't give them in any particular order. Not a bad deal since I have two teenage daughters and this is their favorite shampoo!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:53 PM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock

I think buying three would be fine... I don't think you'd need to buy four if you are using 1 BOGO Q and 1 $/2 Q...
The Following User Says Thank You to JStacklie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 05:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
inspyrdbyu12
how would this scenario work? HELP! the store has creamer BOGO I have 2 coupons for BOGO AND coupons for 1./1. Just can't wrap my head around how to work this one.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 AM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspyrdbyu12
how would this scenario work? HELP! the store has creamer BOGO I have 2 coupons for BOGO AND coupons for 1./1. Just can't wrap my head around how to work this one.
Are you buying at Walmart? If so, then you get a BOGO sale (Pm i assume) and use a BOGO Q and both would be free!

Here's a gray area: since Walmart allows overage, I'm not sure if you can use the $1/1 Q to make this a money maker? Others please chime in... I'm leaning towards yes????

Some stores, like Safeway, require you to actually pay for 1 item, so you would buy three items and get 1 free from the BOGO sale, 1 free from the BOGO Q and $1/1 for the item your actually buying. In your case, you have 2 BOGO qs, so you'd buy 6, get 4 free and use 2 of the $1/1.

Hth!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspyrdbyu12 View Post
I'm doing this today. Use one BOGO and one $1/1 for every two creamers. It should end up being $.88 for two.

2x creamer @ $1.88=$3.76
-$1.88 BOGO
-$1.00 $1/1
=$.88
DS12,
DS10,
nephew,
niece, 2
and 2
Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 PM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenkeel

I'm doing this today. Use one BOGO and one $1/1 for every two creamers. It should end up being $.88 for two.

2x creamer @ $1.88=$3.76
-$1.88 BOGO
-$1.00 $1/1
=$.88
I've been holding onto my Qs as my Wallys doesn't have the La Creame creamer yet!!!