Sunday Paper Available Friday At Walmart???

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
iiartisanii has posted more than 25 good deals
Help Sign Sunday Paper available Friday at Walmart???

Normally late Sunday nights, my bf and I go to Walmart to collect all the leftover inserts. They normally have the Sunday paper stacked in carts near the front of the store. We have been doing this for several weeks with the permission of more than one greeter who says the papers are going in the trash after midnight.

This past Sunday there were no papers to be found. We asked on of the cashiers and she said they were sold out. And she also said they start stacking the Sunday paper on Fridays at Walmart. Is this true of other Walmarts? Should we be going on Friday to get the Sunday paper?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 AM

RE: Sunday Paper available Friday at Walmart???

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
this would be an arrangement between WalMart and local paper...definitely does not apply to all areas/stores
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 08-09-2011, 12:25 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok think about this - how would the paper have the current news stories that happen on Saturday in the Sunday paper if it was printed & delivered on Friday? Yeah that makes no sense what so ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 04:47 PM

shelbyjb23 has posted more than 150 good deals!shelbyjb23 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Around here they go out on Saturday.. They say "early edition" on them so I'm guessing they have an actual Sunday edition.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here in the Albany (NY) area, the paper (Times Union) publishes an "Early Edition" on Saturday.

What it is is the news from Saturday's paper (same as you'd get in a home delivered paper, sections A-E) with Sunday's comics, Parade, Unwind (home section, restaurant review, travel stories etc.), ads and coupons inside of it.

It works out to be good since it's cheaper than the Sunday paper ($1.50 vs $2.50 at stores) and the fact that if you want to shop Sunday, you already have the coupons and ads to look at/clip ahead of time.

However, in the past I have seen that stores get that part of the Sunday paper (the ads, coupons, comics etc.) earlier in the week (maybe Thursday or so) so they could try to sell them, I guess.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I've been buying my " Sunday" paper at Walmart on Saturday mornings for the past 3 months. I buy it for the coupons and to get head start on shopping sales at Walgreens and CVS. I'm not surprised there are no more papers left Sunday night. Cashiers have reported to me that more people are buying the paper and buying in bulk. My dollar tree store had to double the amount of papers they stock to keep up with the regular customers and the couponers.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:36 AM

shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!
In Philadelphia when we had the paper delivered they would bring the good half on Saturday morning, the comics, ads and coupons . Then on Sunday they would bring the news. So it's possible you just wouldn't have the current news!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Coupon obsessed!

kristyerwin has posted more than 150 good deals!kristyerwin has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaposka View Post
In Philadelphia when we had the paper delivered they would bring the good half on Saturday morning, the comics, ads and coupons . Then on Sunday they would bring the news. So it's possible you just wouldn't have the current news!
Mine is the same way. They actually deliver 2 to me on Saturday morning so I don't even have to go to the store to get it. I throw the rest away anyway so it doesn't matter to me if the news has changed .