Pming

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM

RE: Pming

plotting the next trip
Just Me

My Mood/Status:
Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
hmmm maybe they do enjoy reading posts like this.. wonder if they enjoyed the people pm'ing the Keri lotion from WAGS today, saw that posted on AFC?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbaqueen View Post
And it no longer has the clause of not valid on gimmick promotions like it use to (that I can find)
The policy is the same one that was posted in April so it hasn't changed since then. The only discrepancy I could find was between the online version and the PDF version. The online version does not have this statement,
"We do not honor:
Competitor ads from outside of the storeís local trade territory
It is a store managerís discretion as to what defines a territory."
!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM

babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!
After reading this my brain is fried. So what some people are saying is that if an item is free after rr or ecb that Walmart should just hand you over an item for free? You can just go in and show them the cvs or wags ad and say I get this free? And BTW here is a coupon for it so please give me $2?? It doesn't make sense that ANY store would allow this. And they have no way of tracking the limit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybleueyes1017 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NANGO4225 View Post
It seems to me the price with card does not apply to price after ecb or rr's as shown in their visual policy examples. At least according to the link provided above. Even though we are getting $ back after the purchase, we are still paying $x.xx to the store, then getting our incentive after. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for walmart to go about it this way, and I know some do, but their policy is not clear about it in my opinion.

You're right - the price after card isn't the same as price after RR or ECB. For example, look at the CVS ad - they have things for 3.99 with store card - A $3 ECB making the item 0.99 after ECB(pure example here). So you use your store card to get the sale price (3.99 in my example) - which is what the policy is saying they will PM. A very YMMV about PMing after RRs, ECBS, etc , but it is not in Wal Mart's policy to do so. Basically yay if they do, but you can't really get angry if they don't HTH!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Ryan, 10 months
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always ISO Baby Food, Nesquick, Pasta & Drink Qs

Last edited by kelli050; 08-08-2011 at 11:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kelli050 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM

asaldridge has posted more than 25 good deals
I talked to the front end zone manager today at my store and she said they pm rr and ecb and they pm bogo with out a specified price so they will give it bogo @wm price I'm soooo lucky!!! Only bad thing is that if u pm and try to use ur employee discount the system won't allow it :/
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hook11_03 has posted more than 100 good deals!Hook11_03 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Lucky
My walmart can be really rude about it..they refuse to pm after rr & ecb
Depends on the manager on duty I think they just make up their own rules
Old 08-08-2011, 04:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
It's their JOB to refuse. It's not supposed to happen. It's against their policy.

Doing PM'ing AFTER RR's and ECB's makes all of us look bad. Eh. I'm truly tired of this debate. You're sooooooo lucky there aren't coupon police.

COUPONING IS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icouldlie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
mzinkan has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsgirl

See and other people have posted that corporate has told them that yes they will pm after rr, ecb's etc... it's a shame that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing so to speak and it since they just changed the policy on their site and took out the gimmick statement why can't they just simply say, WE DO NOT PM AFTER RR, ECB's etc.. very simple, very short statement... just don't get why IF they really don't want to pm to those prices that they don't just put it in the policy... anyone have any thoughts on this?
Agree! If only they would figure that out!

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hook11_03 has posted more than 100 good deals!Hook11_03 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icouldlie
It's their JOB to refuse. It's not supposed to happen. It's against their policy.

Doing PM'ing AFTER RR's and ECB's makes all of us look bad. Eh. I'm truly tired of this debate. You're sooooooo lucky there aren't coupon police.
I'm just stating how my walmart does it no need to bark down my throat!! Just saying. This is suppose to be a friendly site
Old 08-08-2011, 05:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!
yes it was.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's funny how we seem to define the 'good' managers and CSMs as the ones who bend and/or break the rules...

If their policy included price matching OYNOs, RRs, ECBs, etc. it would surely be written as such.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to knotta_crazyperson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM

busy busy busy

My Mood/Status:
MekanikalAngel has posted more than 25 good deals
Okay, so after seeing the latest Walmart commercial where they say that they will match prices for stores with rewards cards, I decided to go try the Keri Lotion deal. Morgantown, WV the cashier happily PMd my bottle and with the -$2/1 coupon that gave me the overage. She even called a manager over to ask about it. I'm not sure if the commercial is running in all areas though.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 PM

plotting the next trip
Just Me

My Mood/Status:
Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MekanikalAngel View Post
Okay, so after seeing the latest Walmart commercial where they say that they will match prices for stores with rewards cards, I decided to go try the Keri Lotion deal. Morgantown, WV the cashier happily PMd my bottle and with the -$2/1 coupon that gave me the overage. She even called a manager over to ask about it. I'm not sure if the commercial is running in all areas though.
If you were pm'ing their store rewards card (we have WAGS cards, I'm in a test market) there would not have been overage. This week Keri is on sale with card (in test market area) for $5.99 so at walmart you should have paid $5.99 - your $2 Q making it $3.99 per bottle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 07:15 AM

shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!
Just some thoughts: yes some WalMart's will PM the RR price, some will not. Everyone freaks out about how much money WalMart is losing over it etc etc etc. Fair arguement, however do you REALLY believe that, for example, a bottle of Keri lotion costs them 5.99?????? So if they pm a few people down to .99 then give the 1.01 overage from the coupon they in return get their $2 back from the manufacturer... How much does WalMart actually pay for the bottle of lotion to begin with? Anyone that has every worked in retail or food or well anything where you resell a product you'd understand mark up.

If they pay a dollar for the bottle of lotion to be on their shelf then someone uses the coupon then the coupon value is refunded they are still making money. Also, some managers may look at it as if they're coming into my store and want to pm a few things down those people are still coming into my store and are most likely getting more than a free bottle of lotion and are more likely to come back in and buy other stuff rather than going to Walgreens or RiteAid or wherever else.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 AM

plotting the next trip
Just Me

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaposka View Post
Just some thoughts: yes some WalMart's will PM the RR price, some will not. Everyone freaks out about how much money WalMart is losing over it etc etc etc. Fair arguement, however do you REALLY believe that, for example, a bottle of Keri lotion costs them 5.99?????? So if they pm a few people down to .99 then give the 1.01 overage from the coupon they in return get their $2 back from the manufacturer... How much does WalMart actually pay for the bottle of lotion to begin with? Anyone that has every worked in retail or food or well anything where you resell a product you'd understand mark up.

If they pay a dollar for the bottle of lotion to be on their shelf then someone uses the coupon then the coupon value is refunded they are still making money. Also, some managers may look at it as if they're coming into my store and want to pm a few things down those people are still coming into my store and are most likely getting more than a free bottle of lotion and are more likely to come back in and buy other stuff rather than going to Walgreens or RiteAid or wherever else.
I completely understand the concept of mark-up... and honestly I got no problem with someone going into WM and pm'ing an item that is super cheap after rr's or ecb's... I don't think there are many of us who have a problem with that. HOWEVER... what about the people you see posting in forums, not just AFC, and videos where they went in and ordered 50 bottles of Keri and 300 lil Johnson and Johnson kits (i know they didn't have to pm those) and 50 of this and 100 of that etc and pm'd them to free and then used coupons... so their overage in this scenario is in excess of $200 and they don't bother to purchase anything to use up the overage.. I'm just wondering how long with scenarios like this being done every day... that we will loose overage???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM

shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsgirl View Post
I completely understand the concept of mark-up... and honestly I got no problem with someone going into WM and pm'ing an item that is super cheap after rr's or ecb's... I don't think there are many of us who have a problem with that. HOWEVER... what about the people you see posting in forums, not just AFC, and videos where they went in and ordered 50 bottles of Keri and 300 lil Johnson and Johnson kits (i know they didn't have to pm those) and 50 of this and 100 of that etc and pm'd them to free and then used coupons... so their overage in this scenario is in excess of $200 and they don't bother to purchase anything to use up the overage.. I'm just wondering how long with scenarios like this being done every day... that we will loose overage???
I completely agree with people taking extreme advantage of peoples generosity and interpretation of the rules and I do think it'll bring unfortunate circumstances for those of us that try to go in and get 1 or 2 of a product because we will actually use the product. I do not agree though that if say with the lil Johnson and Johnson Kits (those are the ones that give like a dollar overage right?) someone goes in preorders 100 of them then uses 100 coupons and ends up with 100 dollar overage and walks out of the store with the money instead of using it on other products, that they are in the wrong. It's not something I would personally do, but the store is going to get that money back. And yes I know the arguement of it can take weeks to get it back, but they get the money back.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!icouldlie has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I get overages all of the time at Walmart using coupons in conjuntion with their coupon policy....their actually policy. I do not bend the rules, or PRAY for *unaware* store staff to ring me up. I do it honestly and correctly. That is truly MUCH more than some people can say here.

And I don't bark. I preach. I'm trying to help you out here and you just aren't listening. :P

Using RR's and ECB's at Walmart is not correct. It's like using a CAT that would print after purchasing something, on the item you've just purchased. <---if doing that makes sense to you, then you have more couponing issues than I can help with.

COUPONING IS

The Following User Says Thank You to icouldlie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstover View Post
whoa! Maxs2005 and Gurlonthesun... I just tried to do the Keri deal this moring (10am about) and they would NOT let me do it after the RR! I have never had a problem until today. I talked with CSM and one of the assistant managers about it and they said no! I was really angry because I have been doing after RR/UPS/ECB for months and I ordered 20 of the Keri coupons (was only going to use 3 today though).
This is NOT surprising at all. With people ad matching after $5 RR price of .99 and then using a $2 MQ for WM to give couponers 1.01 on top of a free Keri???? what kind of business will not go bankrupt IF they continue with this??? This is NOT your fault, I cannot blame you for trying this @ your store, who wouldn't if their store is giving them free product PLUS pay them them after presenting a piece of paper (the $2 coupon).

UNLESS WM makes this VERY CLEAR and put it into writing specifying about OTHER STORES CATALINA/REWARD PROMOTIONS, interpretations PER STORE will vary depending on management OR worse, cashiers on how they understand/interpret policy (and whether they can be bullied/swayed by customer), NOT in accordance to retailer's intent.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
And this is the same reason there are WM personnel spreading rumors about turning in people to *IRS for hundreds of cash back they collect each time during the past 6 months. Cash back may be the rule @ this time, but we cannot avoid people who will get jealous if they see people getting $300 to $500 cash back (everyday (?!) while getting away with several carts of products. This is NOT an impossible scenario @ WM nowadays, unlike in the past when few people got away with it. The reason more and more people are trying it is BECAUSE THE STORE COOPERATES WITH THEM, I don't know how long this will last OR if there's going to be an end. We just have to see what happens next.

*amounts of $600 and above should be reported on our tax returns.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
........I'm just wondering how long with scenarios like this being done every day... that we will loose overage???
We're already seeing the change. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but if you read the fine print on the coupons, some of the current razor ones (Bic or Schick, can't remember off-hand) now have the phrase, "no cash back if coupon value exceeds purchase price" or something to that effect. The manufacturer doesn't want to pay us to take their stuff out of the store and they're starting to get smarter about ways to prevent it. (Of course unless they change the way the coupons are coded this phrase doesn't mean much since few cashiers and customers will actually read it. )
!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:37 AM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
It baffles me how folks can be outraged by a customer getting a cash overage ($200 or otherwise) when it's clearly written as acceptable practices within WM's written policy but those same people have no problems loosely interpreting other portions of their coupon policy to suit their own needs. If someone can point out the policy which states that WM will pm RRs, ECBs and OYNOs, I'd be more inclined to believe it. I've read the portion regarding loyalty cards, though that's obviously not the same as an RR. I can't take my Kroger card into Walgreens and use it as an RR...much as I'd like to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to knotta_crazyperson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainMama View Post
We're already seeing the change. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but if you read the fine print on the coupons, some of the current razor ones (Bic or Schick, can't remember off-hand) now have the phrase, "no cash back if coupon value exceeds purchase price" or something to that effect. The manufacturer doesn't want to pay us to take their stuff out of the store and they're starting to get smarter about ways to prevent it. (Of course unless they change the way the coupons are coded this phrase doesn't mean much since few cashiers and customers will actually read it. )
Exactly. The mfr can put all the terms in their Qs just like the 4 like Q limit BUT as long as it is UNENFORCEABLE and it goes through register w/o beeping, we can expect many to get away with it.

On the same token, EVEN if many get away with misuse and cashier is diligent and smart enough to understand what the Qs say and follow it, couponers shouldn't get up in arms IF they cannot get away with the same thing others do.

More and more coupons are now coded like $1 off $2 and above priced item. This may mean the end of free after coupon deals. BUT as long as MQs aren't coded to enforce the written terms, misuse and abuse will continue
Old 08-09-2011, 09:06 AM

plotting the next trip
Just Me

My Mood/Status:
I agree with you, until the coupons are coded to prevent misuse it will not change. Just like the $2 off a purchase of $3 or more on the post it coupons... I read SOOOO many posts of people bragging about their free post -its, saying they had gotten 20 free post-its etc... and even got overage at walmart for them... HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE??? get $2 off a purchse of $3 or more... ??? because the thing didn't beep.. that's how.. ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
Exactly. The mfr can put all the terms in their Qs just like the 4 like Q limit BUT as long as it is UNENFORCEABLE and it goes through register w/o beeping, we can expect many to get away with it.

On the same token, EVEN if many get away with misuse and cashier is diligent and smart enough to understand what the Qs say and follow it, couponers shouldn't get up in arms IF they cannot get away with the same thing others do.

More and more coupons are now coded like $1 off $2 and above priced item. This may mean the end of free after coupon deals. BUT as long as MQs aren't coded to enforce the written terms, misuse and abuse will continue
Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
mamatotwobabies has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by NANGO4225 View Post
It seems to me the price with card does not apply to price after ecb or rr's as shown in their visual policy examples. At least according to the link provided above. Even though we are getting $ back after the purchase, we are still paying $x.xx to the store, then getting our incentive after. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for walmart to go about it this way, and I know some do, but their policy is not clear about it in my opinion.
I agree. Walmart needs to clarify this and then tell all cashiers and managers, so that each store is consistent on their policies.