Question About "up To XX Amount" Coupon And Overage

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 03:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

babs6219 has posted more than 10 good deals
Freebies question about "up to XX amount" coupon and overage

Hi! I just had a question. I recently had a problem with a stayfreep roduct, so I called the company and they sent me two coupons for replacements. They are "save up to five dollars on Carefree or Stayfree products", and I wondered if anyone knows how this will work. Does anyone know if it will take the five dollars off, thus giving overage, or if it will just take the actual dollar amount off?

I used the free coupon up to 4.99 that Pantene sent out, and it took off the 4.99, although the product was only about 3.75. I'm curious to see how this works and I could REALLY use the overage, especially if I just used it to buy the pantiliners, since that's about 4.00 overage per Q.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows...I hope you're all having a good weekend!

Last edited by babs6219; 08-06-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: oops, typo
The Following User Says Thank You to babs6219 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

RE: question about "up to XX amount" coupon and overage

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I really don't think this works the same every time. It's one of those YMMV situations and you just won't know until you do it. Frankly, I think you're better off not taking any chances and just getting a high value item for free.
!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BargainMama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Jumping for joy is good exercise!

My Mood/Status:
mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I agree with BargainMama, you should play it safe and just get a high value item. I really don't think the store would take off the whole $5...the coupon says "up to" not save $5 outright. I used my pantene Q and the amount adjusted automatically.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Mom to 3yr old Robert Jr.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!
The store shouldn't give overage on those coupons. Or any that have a place for the store to write in the amount. Dh works at our WM and they just did a training meeting and this was one of the items covered.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Thank you! I appreciate the input, I guess we will be getting the biggest packages I can find under $5.00.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've wondered about this too... b.c. of their policy saying full value of a coupon... thanks for the input people!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 AM

Just a quick update in case anyone else has the same coupons. I did buy the two biggest things I could get that were under the dollar amount of the Qs and it did take off exactly the dollar amount.

However, if anyone ever does have a problem with Stayfree products, they'll send a coupon for a free replacement . When I opened the original package, several of the pads were misshapen, which makes wearing them awkward. Only about 6, but still....
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 PM

wagner77905 has posted more than 10 good deals
thats exactly why i do not buy stayfree!!