Return POLICY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!
return POLICY

Ok... So I'm having a problem. Today I went to return an electric shaver I got for my dad. As it turned out my mother already got it for him for his birthday. I went to customer service, had the receipt, she told me she was going to deduct the value of Tue cpupon I used on the item. I said I didn't understand, Walmart will be getting the full value of the coupon anyway. She was insistant... I then asked her if I could get my coupon back... She said there was no way to get it back. I ended up leaving not returning the item... Does anyone know the actual policy on this? I'm not looking to scam the system, I'm just looking to return an item I no longer need due to a communication issue. Should I elevatebthis to corporate? Suck it up? What's the Walmart policy?
The Following User Says Thank You to MommaandtheBug For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM

RE: return POLICY

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You''re correct. Technically, if they can give you back your coupon plus your OOP, then that's fair for both sides. But since they can't give you back your Q, they have to give you the full price stated in your receipt plus tax.

Depending on how time you have, I would ask for a salaried manager to resolve the issue if a CSM agrees with cashier. OR else, I'd just try another cashier/store and hope they don't give me trouble.

Consider yourself lucky since I've seen people where they were not told how much they're getting as refund ONLY to find out the cashier subtracted the coupon value without telling the customer. To add insult, they tell you they cannot reverse the return. If that happened to me, that is the time I will ask for a salaried manager to demand what is rightfully mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM

leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Return it with your mom's receipt!

Adoptive father to a huge stockpile of goodies

ISO a bad woman!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leYGar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 AM

adalene40
Walmart If you used a coupon you cant get the amount of the coupon back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaandtheBug View Post
Ok... So I'm having a problem. Today I went to return an electric shaver I got for my dad. As it turned out my mother already got it for him for his birthday. I went to customer service, had the receipt, she told me she was going to deduct the value of Tue cpupon I used on the item. I said I didn't understand, Walmart will be getting the full value of the coupon anyway. She was insistant... I then asked her if I could get my coupon back... She said there was no way to get it back. I ended up leaving not returning the item... Does anyone know the actual policy on this? I'm not looking to scam the system, I'm just looking to return an item I no longer need due to a communication issue. Should I elevatebthis to corporate? Suck it up? What's the Walmart policy?
If you return an item you cant get back the amount of the coupon since that was a discount that you did not pay for
Old 08-06-2011, 05:32 AM

Finally getting back into the swing of things!

HaileyNicole09 has posted more than 100 good deals!HaileyNicole09 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adalene40

If you return an item you cant get back the amount of the coupon since that was a discount that you did not pay for
How do you figure? Wm is still going to get paid for that coupon. If you bought a bunch of stuff and returned something there is no way to tell if a q was used for a certain item.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:41 AM

leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileyNicole09

How do you figure? Wm is still going to get paid for that coupon. If you bought a bunch of stuff and returned something there is no way to tell if a q was used for a certain item.
Ditto!
The redeemed coupon should go into Wm's pocket and then into yours!

Adoptive father to a huge stockpile of goodies

ISO a bad woman!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:45 AM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just suck it up in my opinion. You physically paid $x.xx, so that is what you should receive back. No more OR less in my opinion. I mean, why bother "demanding" the coupon/money for coupon back when clearly you aren't intending on using the coupon on the shaver? Yeah Walmart is getting paid for the coupon. There is no way to reverse that, but that's just fuzzy logic to then think they should just give YOU said coupon money instead.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't consider it fuzzy logic, I consider it money they are getting that they don't deserve b/c they will sell that razor for full price, not give the next person a discounted price b/c they are getting money for item.

I like the pp who said you should use your Mother's receipt, so long as she didn't use the coupon too!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriria View Post
Just suck it up in my opinion. You physically paid $x.xx, so that is what you should receive back. No more OR less in my opinion. I mean, why bother "demanding" the coupon/money for coupon back when clearly you aren't intending on using the coupon on the shaver? Yeah Walmart is getting paid for the coupon. There is no way to reverse that, but that's just fuzzy logic to then think they should just give YOU said coupon money instead.
Thank you for this! Additionally, take a look at all the people who return items they purchased with coupons JUST to get the full amount and coupon value in cash. You may want to pretend that this abuse is not happening, but it is.

If you really need the coupon back, post which one you are looking for and I'm sure I can find you a replacement.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Nermalina has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
The OP is obviously not doing this to abuse / use the system.

I would say that if I were in this situation it's the principle of it.

The store is making money on this coupon. In effect double dipping b/c they are still able to sell the product that's being returned for the full price AND getting the money from the manufacturer for the coupon.

I'm not saying that this is something I would go out and do just to get the money, but if I were in this situation, I'd be wanting full price for the razor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nermalina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 07:59 AM

I love Target!
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The full amount should be given back, doesn't matter if you used a coupon or not.

The OP asked a question about a legitimate return; please remember to use a tone of kindness in your replies. Thanks!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princesspsu57 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!
I am very aware that people try and scam the system. I hate that it happens because it impacts ligit reasons for returning items. I'm not trying tp get paid for something, and you know what whether I use the cpupon or not its mine to get back it they are getting the return. If they can't give me the coupon back then I should be compensated.... Listen Im not looking for an ethics debate. I'm aware this is a hot button issue. I'm just looking for a concrete answer on Walmarts return policy. I don't want to scam I just want to follow the rules. I'm a strict rule follower when it comes to coupons... Not ethics, rules. All of us coupon differently. All of us believe in various degrees of what is right nd wrong. my line is drawn on store rules and coupon policies. So I'm asking the policy. Not to scam nut to educatep myself for ligit returns.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommaandtheBug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspsu57 View Post
The full amount should be given back, doesn't matter if you used a coupon or not.

The OP asked a question about a legitimate return; please remember to use a tone of kindness in your replies. Thanks!
I agree.

From what I read, OP is returning ONE item, NOT 100 so I believe it is a legit return and she is entitled to get back full purchase price, whether or not she used a coupon as part of payment.

The suggestion to return with your mom's receipt is good but what if she also used a coupon? To answer your question, WMs policy states you should get a full refund plus tax especially in your case where you have a receipt.

I also see the point why others mentioned about scams going on. We often read here about people buying tons of an item which they got free with coupons. Then they decide they didn't want ALL of them They start threads asking if the store is right in refusing the return or giving them back just the sales tax. Those are the kind of posts that can be interpreted as an attempt to turn coupons to cash. While it is true that many get away with it, those who are shut down shouldn't be complaining because their intentions are shady to start with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 08:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
It is a yucky situation, isn't it?

I don't know that it will be worth the time to argue with Wal-Mart over this. They have probably seen too many people try to scam them-NOT that you are.

It's really a shame that they didn't offer you a store credit for that amount, since they will be getting it for the coupon. Seems like that would be win-win for everyone.

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
well; using your mom's receipt might be one option. you could also try returning it with no receipt and see if they give you the full value on a Walmart giftcard, if that would be ok.

otherwise, yes, just suck it up and get back what you paid; no point being OOP all the money with a razor you won't need. not hitting the ethics button here; just the fact it might not be worth the stress and hassle of trying to get them to give back the money from the coupon.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 AM

loneDERANGER has posted more than 50 good deals
get your full money, these other people are not sure or their rights as a customer or do not like to assert their rights as a customer.

You are entitled to a FULL refund or partial + Coupon back. PERIOD. That is National Policy.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:44 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Go back and check the return policy posted above the customer service desk. If there is nothing in it stating that you will get your return minus the coupon value, then ask for a salaried manager and stand firm until they refund the full amount.

They cannot legally enforce rules that are not included in their posted policy.

As for all the comments about people who scam the system, yes, we know it happens. And if Walmart wants to change their policy and make it readily available (in store and online) then that's their right. But until then they are not justified in with-holding the amount of the coupon.
!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you'd like the coupon back, I'm also more than happy to look and see if I have on3 as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
Cutting-Qs has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by adalene40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriria View Post
The coupon was a form of payment. The refund should be the price of the item.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
okhosea has posted more than 150 good deals!okhosea has posted more than 150 good deals!
I don't think coupons are considered a legal currency. You basically got an item at a discounted price (via the coupon). I look at it like a sale price. You will be reimburses your oop. Hope it works out!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:57 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhosea
I don't think coupons are considered a legal currency. You basically got an item at a discounted price (via the coupon). !
Going backwards, if she had gotten a "discount" via sale price or say she's an employee so gets a percentage off, then getting back her OOP would be absolutely correct. In this case she used a coupon which brings me to my second point.

I walk into WM with a coupon I got for free Velveeta from the mfg. I go to the register and pay with this coupon (let's leave taxes out) I am then free to walk out if the store with my "cheese".

WM will take special paper called coupons to pay for products. Gives those coupons real meaning.

So when she returns the razor if WM can't pay her the way she paid them then they must pay her all in cash, for the full price.

What if she had paid the full price of the razor with a coupon?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
Momof2dolls has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
Going backwards, if she had gotten a "discount" via sale price or say she's an employee so gets a percentage off, then getting back her OOP would be absolutely correct. In this case she used a coupon which brings me to my second point.

I walk into WM with a coupon I got for free Velveeta from the mfg. I go to the register and pay with this coupon (let's leave taxes out) I am then free to walk out if the store with my "cheese".

WM will take special paper called coupons to pay for products. Gives those coupons real meaning.

So when she returns the razor if WM can't pay her the way she paid them then they must pay her all in cash, for the full price.

What if she had paid the full price of the razor with a coupon?
Then she should be getting a full refund in the form of gift card NOT cash .
Old 08-08-2011, 02:46 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2dolls

Then she should be getting a full refund in the form of gift card NOT cash .
With a receipt?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
Momof2dolls has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
With a receipt?
If she had paid the full price of the razor with a coupon? yeah I think so,
its gonna be a win win situation for both walmart and her
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
babette711 has posted more than 100 good deals!babette711 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I think you should get your cash back that you paid, and a gift card for the coupon. Since they cannot give you the coupon back. I think it is too much stress for a free coupon. Just take it back without a receipt and get a gift card. I'm sure you can find something to buy at Walmart.
The Following User Says Thank You to babette711 For This Useful Post: