Interesting Observation On Tide Trials

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 04:55 PM

RE: Interesting Observation on Tide trials

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mae232 has posted more than 25 good deals
Interesting! The first time I bought the cascade trial packs before, the cashier scanned it and it says journal or something like that so she pushed it through as a vendor coupon but the second time i tried it, the cashier used the hand scanner and it went through just fine...so maybe it depends on what they use?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Yeah I'm a guy

My Mood/Status:
Summerfish has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Summerfish has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Summerfish has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Summerfish has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Summerfish has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Summerfish has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mae232
Interesting! The first time I bought the cascade trial packs before, the cashier scanned it and it says journal or something like that so she pushed it through as a vendor coupon but the second time i tried it, the cashier used the hand scanner and it went through just fine...so maybe it depends on what they use?
I've had that happen to other coupons. Some cashiers at different stores will opt to using the hand scanner. at cvs, if it doesn't scan on the large one, they use the handheld and it scans immediately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
berrypupcake has posted more than 25 good deals
Angry

This same thing happened to me yesturday when I went to Walmart. I bought 2 of the White Cloud baby wipes refills packages regularly priced $1.50. Used two 1.00/1 coupons for a White Cloud "product" written on it. She scans it and it beeps. Looks at coupon and says I cannot use it because it has a picture of White cloud toilet tissue on it. Even though I have used these 4 times in the past 2 months. Got coupon in the July and August issues of ALL You magazine. I even pointed out the wording and she says, " I'll put it through this time" all snotty like. I just replied back to her, " According to Walmarts coupon policy, it states on the coupon that this product is allowed. She didnt say anything else to me till she says "Have a nice day" as she was in a hurry to close her register right after I arrived in line. She logged off quickly and ran off. Why do so many treat you like it is coming out of their own pockets. I try to read coupons very carefully to make sure I get it right. I do make mistakes and dont mind when a cashier brings it to my attention. But in this case I was correct and she didnt like it. Grrrrrr....... Oh well i wont stop using coupons as they help me stretch my dollars!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leithaingram View Post
Ok, here's the truth about coupons and Walmart. I hesitate to share this because I don't want to encourage fraudulant coupon use. My first coupon rule is "be right! it is about getting a good deal NOT about seeing what you can get away with" . This being said, I've checked out and had a coupons that the checker questioned coupons (again, I'm very careful and make sure I'm right) and called the csm. The csm said "we have to be careful because they won't reimburse unless the coupon matches the receipt exactly". This is the big fabrication about coupons. The cash office adds the coupons, make sure the coupon amounts in the drawer matches the amout on paper, puts them in a huge envelope and mails them to a sorting company in bentonville arkansas where they are sorted and sent to the manufacturer for payment. There is NO cross checking to make sure that item was purchased in the same transaction and they do not have to provide proof to the manufacture that item was bought with that coupon. So YES it just depends how much of a pain the checker and csm want's to be. AGAIN I do not condone or encourage cheating with coupons, remember you have to live with your conscience!!
Actually, you need to do a little more research on this. Look specifically for how P and G processes their coupons. They are doing it electronically now with the new GS1 barcode and associated software. If I purchase a P and G item at Target, Proctor and Gamble know exactly how many were sold and how many Target has on hand, they even know the shelf price for Target stores. So when a person walks in and uses a $3.00 olay coupon on the $0.97 travel size bar, Target gets reimbursed for the ...... .97 bar, not the $3.00 coupon. This is one reason why Target does NOT give overage.

They also have some wonky way of reimbursing Target corporate, but not the local store for the coupons, so that could be why we catch so much crapola at Target .
Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
A great place to read articles on issues like this include Supermarket News or just google: Grocery Store Trade magazines. If you have some time, you might find their take on Couponing to be very interesting!
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:14 PM

jamagan has posted more than 100 good deals!jamagan has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leithaingram View Post
Ok, here's the truth about coupons and Walmart. I hesitate to share this because I don't want to encourage fraudulant coupon use. My first coupon rule is "be right! it is about getting a good deal NOT about seeing what you can get away with" . This being said, I've checked out and had a coupons that the checker questioned coupons (again, I'm very careful and make sure I'm right) and called the csm. The csm said "we have to be careful because they won't reimburse unless the coupon matches the receipt exactly". This is the big fabrication about coupons. The cash office adds the coupons, make sure the coupon amounts in the drawer matches the amout on paper, puts them in a huge envelope and mails them to a sorting company in bentonville arkansas where they are sorted and sent to the manufacturer for payment. There is NO cross checking to make sure that item was purchased in the same transaction and they do not have to provide proof to the manufacture that item was bought with that coupon. So YES it just depends how much of a pain the checker and csm want's to be. AGAIN I do not condone or encourage cheating with coupons, remember you have to live with your conscience!!
This is very true. Stores do not attach the coupons to a specific receipt when they're submitted to the manufacturer. But a store might be asked by the manufacturer to submit invoices to prove that the store ordered at least as many products as they've submitted coupons. So if Walmart is submitting 100 Cascade coupons for reimbursement, they need to prove thru invoices that they ordered and received 100 Cascade products. At a store like Walmart, that should never be a problem. More items are usually being sold without coupons then with a coupon. So even if P&G decides not to count the trial size products, I have no doubt that Walmart is selling enough full size Cascades to cover any inventory/coupon issues.

Issues arise when people misuse coupons. If you use a Crest Whitestrip coupon at a grovery store that doesn't carry Whitestrips, then that store will not get reimbursed because they will not be able to show the manufacturer invoices.

HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to jamagan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM

busy busy busy

My Mood/Status:
MekanikalAngel has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerfish View Post
I even had on the same transaction the register take the first 2 of the same coupon and the next 2 had to be entered manually.
I had this happen tonight when I tried it. The cashier couldn't figure out why it wasn't taking them, but hand keyed the two for me at the end of the transaction.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM

lynyrd_19
only 2 like coupons per trans

I went to walmart to buy 4 tide trials with 4 coupons. Only the first 2coupons for the items worked and not the other 2. The cashier and two CSM's told me they only take 2 like coupons in a transaction. I'm on my way to read if the coupon policy changed, but the coupons themselves say 4 in a transaction and I couldn't even do 4, only 2.