WM -Back To School Commercial

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 04:43 PM

RE: WM -Back to School Commercial

looking for tons of coupons for church!

KayyMyLove has posted more than 100 good deals!KayyMyLove has posted more than 100 good deals!
Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteme View Post
Ok this morning I saw a new WM Back to School Ad Match Commercial. The commercial is like the other AD MATCH commercial however this one talks about store rewards cards *** they said "MATCH IT"*** then it said – What about BOGO they said “MATCH IT”

Has anyone else seen this commercial?
Just saw a similar (if not the same) commercial and the customer was asking about price matching another store and she said "do i need the ad?" (or something to that extent) and the cashier said "don't need it!"

So does this mean if I go in with the Staples deals for .01 items they'll price match it? even if I don't have the ad with me? and could I use coupons on top of that?

Student, Couponer, Avid Blogger
The Following User Says Thank You to KayyMyLove For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

missmissyc has posted more than 150 good deals!missmissyc has posted more than 150 good deals!
My walmart has NEVER let me pm a register reward. They have treated me like a criminal in the past for trying!! This past trip (Thursday) they wouldn't even let me pming a rite aid up reward price & I was able to do that in the past. I would love to have some kind of document or proof since my walmart is geting worse instead of better about price matching.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:02 PM

loving everyone
sawstrunk

My Mood/Status:
sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!
I saw this same comercial and I also saw another that said "you dont have to have the ad for a PM.. The lady said someone eles has this for 75 cents less can I get it for that price.. And they all said 'MATCH IT" she said even if I don't have the ad and they screamed "MATCH IT"

walmart is becoming a coupon friendly place here...I am LOVING IT.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1 little
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boy..... needlesss to say i have a
life...

Married to a
wonderful man for 10 years
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here's the commercial guys:

‪Walmart Match It Commercial‬‏ - YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ooops sorry, that one doesn't have the rewards card one, I'll keep looking for it.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM

mamamadecouture has posted more than 200 great deals!mamamadecouture has posted more than 200 great deals!mamamadecouture has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWYNN1847
This is great news! I am always so jealous when I hear about everyone's wal-mart allowing you to pm after ecb's!...Could you give me the number you used to call and get info for pm'ing ???? My wal-mart def doesn't do and this would make me the happiest if I could get something in writing to show them...Much appreciated!
Yep! I don't know the exact number bc I just use the letters on my phone ... But it's
1800-Walmart makes sense
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Okay HERE is the AD!

‪No Problem‬‏ - YouTube Play it on your Smart phones while you're at WalMart .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Actually there might be another ad too...let me know if that's not it, I can keep looking.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:05 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yes, this is the one I saw

...nothing in it about BOGO, that someone else mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeewench View Post
Okay HERE is the AD!

‪No Problem‬‏ - YouTube Play it on your Smart phones while you're at WalMart .
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
walmart commercial

So I'm watching the golden girls...drinking wine....coupons completely out of my mind...then a walmart commercial comes on where the customer needs to price match, use coupons, and says that she doesn't have the ad but its for a store with specialty discount cards (I'm assuming like cvs). The cashier is friendly and happy and sunny and says "no problem!"....ahhh if only!
The Following User Says Thank You to mefreire89 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM

joskercoupon has posted more than 5 good deals
Haha I totally rolled my eyes when I saw that commercial
The Following User Says Thank You to joskercoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:50 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayyMyLove View Post
Just saw a similar (if not the same) commercial and the customer was asking about price matching another store and she said "do i need the ad?" (or something to that extent) and the cashier said "don't need it!"

So does this mean if I go in with the Staples deals for .01 items they'll price match it? even if I don't have the ad with me? and could I use coupons on top of that?
WalMart will not match Staples 1 cent sales as Staples requires you make a 5 dollar purchase in order to get the 1 cent specials. It's clearly stated in WalMart's coupon policy.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 PM

ms.krabs

crazindy has posted more than 200 great deals!crazindy has posted more than 200 great deals!crazindy has posted more than 200 great deals!
This is epic...as am reading thru tue post i get more and more excited....as for staples and office max deals for the week u dont need any special purchase of xxxx.xx amount to buy..as for that said i dont have none close so i will be matching...im not trying to be negative but as for matching lower prices after rr's ecv will they still accept coupons??????? If they do i have lots of shopping to do..i hate my near by walgreens they always giving u additute from the point u tell them u have coupons like if they are paying out of pocket..i prefer showing coupons when tuey tell me the total unless i have to see their mad faces for less seconds....as for wally they are getting better and better ..if they dont know they ask not just say no...as i say if u dont know the answer is really educational to ask q's....however im calling wally to find out if u could use ur coupons on top of the discount...thanx for the post..u guys are the best if only someone could teach me on how to start a thread..thanx again..shop.shop.shop till u drop
Old 08-06-2011, 08:27 AM

ms.krabs

crazindy has posted more than 200 great deals!crazindy has posted more than 200 great deals!crazindy has posted more than 200 great deals!
Mommadecouture can u plz pm me the email they send u ..were tuey allow it ..thanx..
Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratharp View Post
My local Wal-Mart has made their own signs saying what they will and will not accept. They refuse to match RR's and even went so far as to refuse to match the instant savings price. After reading this, I called the 1-800 number. The nice lady I spoke with said they are supposed to match the lowest price on the ad, including RR's. She even went so far as to say, if there is an item priced at 5.99 and the RR is for $4, you should be given the $1.99 price as long as it is the lowest price for that item on the ad. So, I am taking her side. She said she is passing this information along to my store. Too bad I don't have it in writing though.
She may have been nice but I suspect she's not completely informed. CVS and Walgreen's have started to include the manf. q savings in their advertised prices so the 'lowest price" in the ad already includes coupon savings. And what if the lowest price is free? There are just too many variables that Walmart hasn't specifically accounted for in their policy. (Rolling my eyes at Walmart, not you. )
!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BargainMama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 01:44 PM

Happy to Be Alive!!!
Coupon Queen

My Mood/Status:
missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I teach couponing classes and I have a big group on FB that I teach, I told them all to call WM because we were told by district MGR that they had to match the Wag and CVS lowest price and 2 days ago they said they were informed by corporate to not matche ECB or RR anymore well all the other stores are still Pming that price. Well a few of us called and guess what the answer to all of us was WM is supposed to match after ECB and RR no questions asked and they are not even supposed to ask for your ad. Told this to my store and they still they are letting some do it and some not.
The Following User Says Thank You to missadm908 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 02:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
love3joyus has posted more than 200 great deals!love3joyus has posted more than 200 great deals!love3joyus has posted more than 200 great deals!
I would love a copy as well of the email!!! Please
Old 08-07-2011, 04:43 PM

Saratharp has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainMama View Post
She may have been nice but I suspect she's not completely informed. CVS and Walgreen's have started to include the manf. q savings in their advertised prices so the 'lowest price" in the ad already includes coupon savings. And what if the lowest price is free? There are just too many variables that Walmart hasn't specifically accounted for in their policy. (Rolling my eyes at Walmart, not you. )
It is frustrating, but there will always be different variables to consider with something as big as price matching any competitor's ad.

However, everyone in this thread who has called 1-800-Wal-Mart has all been told their stores SHOULD price match Register Rewards and Extra Care Bucks. I am just saying the lady I spoke with went into a little detail, which makes me confident she knew what I was asking.

I am sure they will put limits on the different types of RR's, just like they do coupons. When she said it had to be listed as the lowest price in the ad, I assumed she was saying they would not price match the $3 RR when you buy $10 of this item that we sometimes see. It had to actually list a final price.

I do see what you are saying about the ads that list after coupon price. To me that is an easy answer but you never can tell from one employee to the next.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saratharp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:09 PM

marleinna has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaF68
I'm curious about Walgreen's FARR items, like this week's Goody hairclips. Will they just let us have them free?
This is a great question!!! Think I'll call Corporate myself n hear it with my own ears ... Thanx!!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 PM

asaldridge has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleinna

This is a great question!!! Think I'll call Corporate myself n hear it with my own ears ... Thanx!!
Let us know!!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Happy to Be Alive!!!
Coupon Queen

My Mood/Status:
missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!missadm908 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ya they did say it had to be the final price