Return Without Receipt Problem...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

skyfly21 has posted more than 25 good deals
Question Return without receipt problem...

I just got back from Walmart. I made a return of a few items that I didn't have a receipt for. I also had made a return last month with out a receipt. They took my drivers license and told me that after this return I am "locked out" of their system and can't make any more returns without a receipt for a whole year.

(I try not to make it a habit of returning items without a receipt...I just need to do a better job of keeping track of them.)

However, is this correct? Am I really "locked out" of their system for an entire year? Has anyone ever been told this? Because according to their website, it says that you can make up to 3 returns every 45 days without a receipt.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 PM

RE: Return without receipt problem...

My Mood/Status:
daneisha has posted more than 50 good deals
Yes, but I don't believe it's a year. I used to work there until last year, and it's either 3 or 6 months.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 PM

phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
The policy that I was told before is: two returns, up to $50 each, every six months. You can get a third return with a manager's override, every six months, also subject to the "up to $50." The policy may have changed, this was over a year ago since I was first informed.

But yes, you can be "locked out of their system," most store's that do "license" returns have the same sort of setup. Target has a similar policy.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Also, they could have changed it to 45 days since I quit. I would just suggest holding onto your receipts. I know that's a lousy suggestion, because I can't ever keep up with them. Maybe you could keep an envelope or something in your coupon binder just for WM receipts.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 PM

armywife1011 has posted more than 50 good deals
Target is the same way too. 3 returns with no receipt per ID.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponFrenzyMom has posted more than 100 good deals!CouponFrenzyMom has posted more than 100 good deals!
This is also the policy at Meijer where I shop. I've been locked out for a year there too, forgetting those dang receipts hurts sometimes sorry for you luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tight Budget?.....There's a Coupon App for that!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Finally getting back into the swing of things!

HaileyNicole09 has posted more than 100 good deals!HaileyNicole09 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I've never had my license taken for a return without a receipt? I don't know if its because I have an associate discount card or what. I'm not sure if that matters?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileyNicole09 View Post
I've never had my license taken for a return without a receipt? I don't know if its because I have an associate discount card or what. I'm not sure if that matters?
Yes, that's exactly why.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM

wagner77905 has posted more than 10 good deals
my sister works the cs desk and her store it is
after you do a return with out a recipt it takes 45 days from that day to clear off there system. and if there is more than three returns in the system at one time the system will not let you do any more returns unless a manager comes over and overides it. if you do a return for under 10 dollars the system doesnt promt for an id so its not linked to you id number.
its walmart though and some go by diffrent policys though there not suposed to.
The Following User Says Thank You to wagner77905 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 12:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
jdsangel24 has posted more than 50 good deals
It was 3 months when I worked there as a CSM last year. Not sure if that has changed or not. We would often turn keys for the fourth return as a courtesy return.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
cjcoupons has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cjcoupons has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cjcoupons has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cjcoupons has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cjcoupons has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cjcoupons has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
You could try going to a different store if you need to return something without a receipt. I don't believe it is a nationwide database linked together that collates and updates returns. That just sounds to organized for WM to have. It might just be your info will be in that particular store. Of course if you have only 1 WM in your area then you don't have much of a choice.

Happy and Blessed SAH Wifey and Mommy
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM

stetne has posted more than 25 good deals
I get asked to show my ID even on returns with a receipt.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!
I don't know the policy but I can tell you why they have to do it. My nephew is one of the people who caused it I feel sure. He is a drug addict and goes in and steals an item then leaves. later he comes back in with it to get a refund. He also looks for any receipts that are out on the parking lot and tries to figure out whats on them so he can steal that item and return it with a receipt. Sad but true and I feel sure he learned this from another druggie and so on and so on - probably is a constant issue for them.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 AM

all walmarts are linked together. going to another store will not help.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:36 AM

Looking for lego sales!
Always looking for Rebate forms!!!

My Mood/Status:
justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!justmelome has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
all walmarts are linked when you try to reutrn something w/o recipet and you give your DL it shows what stores you returned at and the amount that was returned

Proud Mommy to DD (14)
, DS (9)
and It's A GIRL!!!! 5/12/10 my 6 lb. preemie!
and He's HERE 9/27/11
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 AM

i'm addicted to deal's lol
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!tinkerbell82 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
i had probs keeping up with my recipet's too but i now keep a box on a shelf by my front door (since that's the door i go in and out all the time) and everytime i go through my purse i put them in the box. i need to figure out what to do with them at the end of each month though to keep the box were i can find the right ones (maybe a bigger box and put it the bottem of my closet??). i also keep a pencel bag in my purse and when i get my recpets at the store i go ahead and put them in the pencel bag and boy buddy since i started doing this i have been able to find every recipet i have needed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinkerbell82 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 AM

jaharp30 has posted more than 5 good deals
I had that happen to me and it was for a year for me! That was back in 2009-2010. I now keep up with my receipts!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!kelli050 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoooldtolearn View Post
I don't know the policy but I can tell you why they have to do it. My nephew is one of the people who caused it I feel sure. He is a drug addict and goes in and steals an item then leaves. later he comes back in with it to get a refund. He also looks for any receipts that are out on the parking lot and tries to figure out whats on them so he can steal that item and return it with a receipt. Sad but true and I feel sure he learned this from another druggie and so on and so on - probably is a constant issue for them.
That stinks I have a family member I can't say that I'm proud of either - i just kind of sit back and wait for some people to grow up...what can ya do
and Ryan, 10 months

Always ISO Baby Food, Nesquick, Pasta & Drink Qs
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!
I write on the top of each the date of the sale and what the 90 day mark would be to toss them (since you need to have the recepit within 90 days). Keep them together in a box or binder or envelope. Once you get in the habit of doing it its easy. I used to be horrible about saving them, then I realized the value in it.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 AM

Saving for an Amazon Kindle Fire!

My Mood/Status:
kaenglund has posted more than 75 good deals!
Why can't Walmart have a system like Target? I know I never need my receipt at Target because they can just look it up with my credit card (or any other way except cash).

Get with it, WM!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 AM

walmart can look it up if you remeber which register and what time it was. but getting someone to do that will be hard. home depot and lowes can also look up the recipt with a credit card or your phone number. and pet smart can look up the recipt if you know the time and date also.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:03 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I was also told it's every 45 days. If the total is over I think $25 it goes on a giftcard and if it's under they can give you cash. I didn't know about the $10 no ID thing though. That's good to know, because I hate giving my ID to stores. I'm a bit Paranoid haha.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:10 PM

leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Try taking it back to a different store next time! I'm pretty sure every store sells the same things so if WM doesn't allow the return try going to Target or kmart!

Adoptive father to a huge stockpile of goodies

ISO a bad woman!!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leYGar View Post
Try taking it back to a different store next time! I'm pretty sure every store sells the same things so if WM doesn't allow the return try going to Target or kmart!
Actually that's considered Fraud, so I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Instead have another family member do the return for you, or just wait the 45 days. You don't have a receipt, so it's not going to expire.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I recommend getting a file that has 12 slots and filing your receipts in it. Mine looks like a binder, has a stretchy cord on it to hold it together. I put all receipts that I may need for rebates or returns (not gas, or my husband's lunches out, etc). As I get to a new month, I clean out the recipts in that slot from the previous year. So, as I am filing July 2011, I clean out the July 2010 ones and throw them away. Hope that makes sense. It helps me stay organized. And in NC, where I live, there are lots of wine and beer rebates for various items. I am able to find receipts I already have for rebates as I find them.
The Following User Says Thank You to qrazy For This Useful Post: