Do Random People Strike Up A Conversation With You When You Bring Your Binder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 AM

RE: Do random people strike up a conversation with you when you bring your binder?

HAPPY GIRL

jasonsgirl1685 has posted more than 25 good deals
i always get " uh ohh someones been watching too much extreme couponing" my response is always - "im not buying a pallet of cereal, im buying 2 boxes"
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:16 AM

RE: Do random people strike up a conversation with you when you bring your binder?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jolenec
What I hate is when someone looks at me and says, "OH NO....You're one of those!!" I'm thinking--one of those what? People who likes to save money?! You bet I am!! I actually had a woman I know from work say that very thing to me in the store. I was hurt, then aggrevated, then decided she wasn't worth the energy and went on to enjoy my shopping.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 AM

iCoupon

My Mood/Status:
MiShelleC has posted more than 100 good deals!MiShelleC has posted more than 100 good deals!
I love that someone started this post! Almost every time I am in walmart I get stares, and people whisper. I had one guy ask where the cameras were bc he thought I was on "that show". I made it clear that I was not. After, that happened I had a lady follow me around the store asking questions. I didn't mind to help her through. =] I even gave her some q's =]
Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
mzinkan has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by babs6219

That's particularly funny because when I was in WM last week, I had a basket about half full of groceries and my bag with my binder and ads.
I had two different employees come up to me thinking I worked there, and one of them told me my shirt didn't look right.

Took me a minute to figure out she wasn't just criticizing my wardrobe, she thought she was correcting my uniform. It took her asking about my name tag for me to to get it though . Note to self, will not be wearing that blue shirt and black pants at WM again.
Lol
Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Today at my closest Kroger, I was checking out the end caps when a manager asked me if he could look at my book. I was a bit hesitant but told him to go ahead. He flipped a few pages then told me to wait a second. He came back with the store flyer and circled the Banquet dinners and a couple other mega deals. He said that I should really use my Banquet dinner coupons and my Kids Cuisine coupons today because the sale ends this weekend. He then told me that the frozen dinners had just been restocked. He went on to tell me that if there was a particular Banquet or Kids Cuisine meal that I wanted that wasn't in stock to tell him, he'd check the back.

His name is Bill and he is generally the friendliest person I've met in Kroger. This isn't the first time I've found him helpful. I didn't enlighten him that I was planning on picking up 20 Banquet meals but just hadn't made it over there yet. Rather, I thanked him and finished my shopping for the day.

My book is set up using the Krazy Coupon Lady's category sheets. Bill suggested that since I seem to do a lot of shopping at that Kroger, I should consider setting up my binder by aisles. I'm actually thinking it is a good idea. I do seem to do a lot of page flipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnkavila View Post
This pisses me off... I'd have probably slapped her hand away... WHO DOES THAT? of course, I'm VERY direct. While I was pregnant this lady was rubbing my belly... Like petting it... I tried backing away but she followed... So I grabbed her boob... She got the hint
OMG you are hilarious!!! Made me laugh out loud !
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Loves AFC!! Muah!

My Mood/Status:
suzanimal_fl has posted more than 150 good deals!suzanimal_fl has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dad
Today at my closest Kroger, I was checking out the end caps when a manager asked me if he could look at my book. I was a bit hesitant but told him to go ahead. He flipped a few pages then told me to wait a second. He came back with the store flyer and circled the Banquet dinners and a couple other mega deals. He said that I should really use my Banquet dinner coupons and my Kids Cuisine coupons today because the sale ends this weekend. He then told me that the frozen dinners had just been restocked. He went on to tell me that if there was a particular Banquet or Kids Cuisine meal that I wanted that wasn't in stock to tell him, he'd check the back.

His name is Bill and he is generally the friendliest person I've met in Kroger. This isn't the first time I've found him helpful. I didn't enlighten him that I was planning on picking up 20 Banquet meals but just hadn't made it over there yet. Rather, I thanked him and finished my shopping for the day.

My book is set up using the Krazy Coupon Lady's category sheets. Bill suggested that since I seem to do a lot of shopping at that Kroger, I should consider setting up my binder by aisles. I'm actually thinking it is a good idea. I do seem to do a lot of page flipping.
Wow! That is a really great experience you shared with us. Not everyone out there is negative on the couponing and it's always better to give folks the benefit of the doubt. If they have malicious intent, wouldn't you rather find out sooner than later, and know you've kept your own integrity?

I'll stop philosophizing now. :-)