I'm A Newbie And I Found Out Some Pretty Exciting News Today...

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 12:11 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
iCoupon

My Mood/Status:
MiShelleC has posted more than 100 good deals!MiShelleC has posted more than 100 good deals!
Walmart I'm a newbie and I found out some pretty exciting news today...

I've been couponing for about 2 months. I'm extremely addicted. I have been going full force finding out every bit of information that I can. I have recently been hearing rumors that WM will PM places like wags and cvs AFTER the ecb. I talked to s store manger today, and she told me they indeed do price match after the special instore cash back offers. This made me so exicted, because I have been going back and forth between stores, and now I can just go to WM. I do not know what other store policies are, but mine here in Ohio agreed to PM the final cost of a product after the cash back from playes such as Rite-Aid and CVS.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MiShelleC For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM

RE: I'm a newbie and I found out some pretty exciting news today...

Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I just found this out, too! I'm planning on pm'ing some things today and I'm praying it goes smoothly.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Mine has always done this. Some people here swear it's not policy, but I was told by corporate AND my stores district manager that they will, but it's not clear in policy. In other words, don't get upset if you're denied, because it's unclear.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM

Cool

My Mood/Status:
Mom of 5 has posted more than 75 good deals!
That's great news! Where in Ohio are you?
~ Kim
Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM

johnsonrachel has posted more than 10 good deals
Mine used to do this...scored lots of awesome stuff! Last week the Wal-Mart by my work, and the one by my house both abruptly refused. Haven't tried any other ones in the city, but I'm not ready to completely give up. Sucks that I spoke with managers @ both those locations initially to get the "all systems are a go", then the cashiers tell me I can't and CSM's say that they never have. Boo.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnsonrachel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 03:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
webee7 has posted more than 150 good deals!webee7 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I will have to ask next time I'm in my store!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
cathy0983 has posted more than 50 good deals
Mine let's me do this! They also let me use coupons towards it like some people say their stores aren't allowing it. Scored tons of Garnier hair dye today using Walgreens ad. $1.99 for that stuff IMO is a good deal, free is better but I'll take what I can get
Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
GeorgiaPeach78 has posted more than 50 good deals
Okay so say for instance you go for the Contact solution that was at Walgreens a few weeks ago for $7 or so then you get the same amount back in RR. So Walmart will PM this and give it to you for free?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
vunny302 has posted more than 300 great deals!vunny302 has posted more than 300 great deals!vunny302 has posted more than 300 great deals!vunny302 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would like to know of they would PM FARR items, if so that would be awesome!!! I can dream can't I?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joel Jr. , my 5yr old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jacob Damian &
with baby #3 due 09/03/2014♥♥♥♥
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
cathy0983 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach78
Okay so say for instance you go for the Contact solution that was at Walgreens a few weeks ago for $7 or so then you get the same amount back in RR. So Walmart will PM this and give it to you for free?
Not sure about this, I didn't try, I should have tried because I wear contacts. But I did get an awesome deal on the shick razors tonight
Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 PM

rachaelkohnen
Im new to couponing but with a family of 5 and my husband at risk of lay off I have to start Im from Ohio as well do you have any tips for me Im deperate. If so I truely appreciate it rachaelkohnen @hotmail.com
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM

is amazed at how blessed she truly is
Always ISO Pall Mall, Camel and Mt. Dew coupons

My Mood/Status:
ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My Walmart in Heath, OH has always done it for me.

IVDSO girls 7/8 fall/winter clothing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERHMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
nursejulie has posted more than 200 great deals!nursejulie has posted more than 200 great deals!nursejulie has posted more than 200 great deals!
sounds good but beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiShelleC View Post
I've been couponing for about 2 months. I'm extremely addicted. I have been going full force finding out every bit of information that I can. I have recently been hearing rumors that WM will PM places like wags and cvs AFTER the ecb. I talked to s store manger today, and she told me they indeed do price match after the special instore cash back offers. This made me so exicted, because I have been going back and forth between stores, and now I can just go to WM. I do not know what other store policies are, but mine here in Ohio agreed to PM the final cost of a product after the cash back from playes such as Rite-Aid and CVS.
walmart has began to denie pming and mfq together, they are saying you have to choose eighter or but not both.. even though NO where in their policy stat you have to choose.. so beward your great deal may turn sour mine has time and time again.. bummer

but good luck happy hunting
& 10yr Jay
Old 06-15-2011, 11:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have never had issues PMing and using coupons. I did it tonight even.
The Following User Says Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 11:43 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
so if item is FREE after RR/ECB/UP, WalMart will PM it as free?
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 AM

Finally getting back into the swing of things!

HaileyNicole09 has posted more than 100 good deals!HaileyNicole09 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brook6 View Post
so if item is FREE after RR/ECB/UP, WalMart will PM it as free?
I would really like to know this as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
So, this post prompted me to take another look at the policy. I have printed it before, but thought I would take another peek. Here is what it said:

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*

* Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
* Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price.
* Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad.
* For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

I am printing this out now. Looks like the store will have to do it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CountryGirlOH For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 06:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy0983 View Post
Mine let's me do this! They also let me use coupons towards it like some people say their stores aren't allowing it. Scored tons of Garnier hair dye today using Walgreens ad. $1.99 for that stuff IMO is a good deal, free is better but I'll take what I can get
Have you ever used that hair dye before? I bought 2 because it was on sale but I've never used it before.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:53 AM

shining sugar

My Mood/Status:
ithinkican1 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileyNicole09 View Post
I would really like to know this as well.
yes..that is how it goes when i pm
Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiepeter has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Where are there new printable coupon rules?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
psalm3322 has posted more than 200 great deals!psalm3322 has posted more than 200 great deals!psalm3322 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelkohnen View Post
Im new to couponing but with a family of 5 and my husband at risk of lay off I have to start Im from Ohio as well do you have any tips for me Im deperate. If so I truely appreciate it rachaelkohnen @hotmail.com
Read everything you can on this forum. And then, read some more. Start slow and keep at it. Don't try to build a huge stockpile in a week. Just keep at it. Oh, and then read the forum some more.

Tell others about Jesus. If necessary, use words...
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirlOH View Post
So, this post prompted me to take another look at the policy. I have printed it before, but thought I would take another peek. Here is what it said:

* For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

If this works for you, then you go!

Having said that, RR's aren't "preferred shopping card prices" and if you have a look at their coupon policy it states:

We DO NOT accept the following coupons:

Checkout coupons

• Dollars/cents off the entire basket purchase

Which is what an RR is and even though you aren't actually handing them an RR, you're getting the benefit in PMing the RR.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightlilly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 AM

stepsal has posted more than 25 good deals
OK this may sound stupid, but how do you PM? You just take the sales flyer with you to Walmart, and they give you the price? What if Walgreens (or some other store) has something for cheaper, but it isn't in their ad? How do you prove that?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Pregnant

My Mood/Status:
navyfriend21 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirlOH View Post

where is this policy
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM

Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsal
OK this may sound stupid, but how do you PM? You just take the sales flyer with you to Walmart, and they give you the price? What if Walgreens (or some other store) has something for cheaper, but it isn't in their ad? How do you prove that?
Id like to know this, too. In the commercial the woman just says that a different store has it for cheaper and they give her the price with no ad needed. Who knows if it's that easy in the real world . I've only price matched once and I brought the ad with me. It just seem easier.