BOGO Coupons At Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

melissazr0712 has posted more than 50 good deals
Walmart BOGO coupons at Walmart

I am a little frustrated! I went to walmart and had a BOGO coupon for Degree deodrant Premium. So I got what I thought were the premium Degree there was no label that said "premium" it was confusing. I also bought Lean Pockets and had a coupon BOGO. After checking out I looked at my receipt and they didn't come out BOGO what can I do now? They have the coupons so is there anything that I can do??? I would of saved an extra 5.62 but didn't Next time I am paying super close attention thats what happens when you bring kids on a grocery trip!
The Following User Says Thank You to melissazr0712 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:43 PM

RE: BOGO coupons at Walmart

Happy Mother, Happy Wife...
Money Saver, Savings Sharer

My Mood/Status:
vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!
You have to watch your B1G1 coupons SUPER close when you are shopping at Walmart. Whenever they scan the coupon, their register will beep and prompt them to enter the amount of the free item. However, if they weren't paying attention (just going onto the next coupon without looking up) then odds are pretty high that it wasn't just the B1G1 coupons that were missed. Their register wont allow them to scan anything further until an amount is entered for the B1G1. Either they didn't know what they were doing, didn't want to hunt for the price of the item, or just didn't care that it was missed and just wanted you out of their line so they didn't have to deal with it. I always have my son with me when I go shopping at Walmart, but I make it a point to let him play with my keys when they ring up my coupons just so I can watch them like a hawk. I make sure EVERY coupon is applied credit. Just a heads up, the register will freeze and wait for a prompt from the clerk for overage coupons as well. So if they aren't paying attention, a stackful of savings can be easily overlooked (not always intentionally).

As far as whether you can do anything about it now? Not really. Had you gone back in immediately after check out, you could have demanded your coupons from the clerk and received a correction from customer service. However, without the coupons in hand, the only thing you can do is return the products you purchased and chalk it up as "lesson learned."

I am sorry you had this experience. Not all coupon usages are such a headache (but most are). And I am able to relate to the frustration of not realizing the loss until AFTER you are already home when you inspect the receipt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~MICHELLE
Knowledge is Power... and I LOVE Information!
ALWAYS VMISO: Camel, Huggies & Pampers Training Pants and Wipes, and Coffee Creamer!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to vnvcoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
saversaver2011 has posted more than 50 good deals
BOGO at Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissazr0712 View Post
I am a little frustrated! I went to walmart and had a BOGO coupon for Degree deodrant Premium. So I got what I thought were the premium Degree there was no label that said "premium" it was confusing. I also bought Lean Pockets and had a coupon BOGO. After checking out I looked at my receipt and they didn't come out BOGO what can I do now? They have the coupons so is there anything that I can do??? I would of saved an extra 5.62 but didn't Next time I am paying super close attention thats what happens when you bring kids on a grocery trip!

There is a lot of confusion right now at Walmart. They know the new policies but they dont want to do it. After 3 CSM's and a manager descended on me, I did not give up. I showed them my printout from Walmart.com-the new coupon policy. (always take a copy with you) I told them I would call 1800Walmart riight there in the store. The store argued about the BOGO price and the overage. The cashier closed down her checkout line.

My 34 Dial body washes were BOGO for $2.97 at Publix. The CSM told the cashier to ring one up as $2.96 and to ring up the next one for .01 I gave the cashier 34 $2 off Dial manufacturer coupons. Walmart paid me $13.98 in overagem plus the checkout line got closed. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Walmart is the hardest store to deal with about coupons. I have been using coupons for over 35 years and I know from experience they are the worse. Couponing is not easy. Sometimes i get taken advantage of in the couponing process. Everyone does. Not one shopping trip is the same. At another store, I stood at a cash register one time for 30 minutes while a manager tried to make up his mind about doubling my coupons. Its hard nowadays to save money. You cant give up. You win some and you lose some. You have to care care of your family.

Last edited by saversaver2011; 06-11-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
You can always return the items you were overcharged for.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Rpm6906 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saversaver2011 View Post
Walmart is the hardest store to deal with about coupons. I have been using coupons for over 35 years and I know from experience they are the worse. Couponing is not easy. Sometimes i get taken advantage of in the couponing process. Everyone does. Not one shopping trip is the same. At another store, I stood at a cash register one time for 30 minutes while a manager tried to make up his mind about doubling my coupons. Its hard nowadays to save money. You cant give up. You win some and you lose some. You have to care care of your family.
Wait, Wal-Mart doubles coupons?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:46 PM

mommyof4littlemonkeys
I just started to use coupons last month and my first trip to the grocery store I learned my lesson. The cashier was in such a hurry to scan my coupons he dropped them and mixed the ones that he had not scanned with the ones already scanned then ended up not scanning a couple because they were all mixed up. Needless to say now I hold the coupons and only give them a couple at a time that way I make sure they are used correctly.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
pinkflower66 has posted more than 100 good deals!pinkflower66 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I watch very carefully every coupon the cashier rings up. I haven't had any problems at Walmart with the coupons.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 AM

Dawn_FralickNichols
walmart

I called Walmart, and asked if they took competitors coupons, they said yes they did, I then took some target web coupons there to get some items that target was out of. At the register, they told me that they would not take web coupons even though it said either online or a target store. Has this happened to others?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Happy Mother, Happy Wife...
Money Saver, Savings Sharer

My Mood/Status:
vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!vnvcoupon has posted more than 400 great deals!
Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_FralickNichols View Post
I called Walmart, and asked if they took competitors coupons, they said yes they did, I then took some target web coupons there to get some items that target was out of. At the register, they told me that they would not take web coupons even though it said either online or a target store. Has this happened to others?
Target Web coupons are NOT accepted as competitor coupons at Walmart. Walmart's coupon policy states:

"•Competitors' coupons

◦A specific item for a specified price, for example, $2.99
◦Buy one, get one free (BOGO) coupons for items with a specified price
◦Have a valid expiration date
◦Are acceptable in black and white"

Target Web coupons are competitor coupons, however, they are structured in Manufacture Coupon format. They do not specify a specific price, only a value off an item. These coupons cannot be used at Walmart.

~MICHELLE
Knowledge is Power... and I LOVE Information!
ALWAYS VMISO: Camel, Huggies & Pampers Training Pants and Wipes, and Coffee Creamer!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
josyjozy has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpm6906 View Post
Wait, Wal-Mart doubles coupons?
she was talking about couponing in general.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
No I said "at another store" ---Not Walmart.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Fyi I do return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannae7 View Post
You can always return the items you were overcharged for.
I do.