Cheap Sunday Papers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 02:32 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
RedStickGuy has posted more than 25 good deals
News Cheap Sunday Papers

I know this sounds ironic, but I ventured into the WM today and asked the manager what they do with the Sunday papers if they don't sell them all. I was expecting "Oh, we return them back", or "Oh, we throw them away on Monday".

But I head something that was music to my ears...."Oh, we discount them to $0.75 and keep them around till they get sold on Monday".....YaaaY, I know what I'll be buying on Monday!

That's good news for me since I buy my Sunday papers or go look for them at gas stations after midnight on Monday.

So, I'd say...get brave...and go ask your WM workers about the Sunday papers...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RedStickGuy For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:58 PM

RE: Cheap Sunday Papers

My Mood/Status:
nicoleb21 has posted more than 1 good deal
Good to know, Thxs!
The Following User Says Thank You to nicoleb21 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 04:00 PM

Blessed

My Mood/Status:
atwister1 has posted more than 100 good deals!atwister1 has posted more than 100 good deals!
wow thanx for the info!
The Following User Says Thank You to atwister1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 04:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
I'll update ya'll tomorrow on the outcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedStickGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 04:42 PM

nhilton has posted more than 75 good deals!
What upset me about two months ago I could buy Sunday papers for less than a dollar at wm now they are 2 guess that's what happens with everyone buying them for coupons supply and demand
The Following User Says Thank You to nhilton For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:04 PM

The Couponer QT!

couponerqt has posted more than 25 good deals
Good idea! At Panera Bread they sell them 1/2 off the next day as well..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to couponerqt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:14 PM

coupon crazy!

My Mood/Status:
omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I buy mine at the Dollar Tree. They're ALWAYS a $1 {at least around here}
The Following User Says Thank You to omgzitsmiranda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Natacha has posted more than 50 good deals
My Walmart doesn't reduce the price at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Natacha For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
Another idea here:
There are plenty of gas stations around town. I struck a bargain with two of them. They throw away their Sunday papers, inserts and all (I know....WHATTTT!).

So I talked the people there into letting me go through what didn't sell and pick out what I want in exchange for a milk shake or a beer. Now, all that sounds good great, but the local paper is pretty popular around here and we don't have that many remaining to make it worth my while so far.
Here's to hoping I get lucky tonight ;-)
Old 06-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!
Just be sure to check that the inserts are there. The first week I started couponing, I was thrilled to find a Sun paper on Mon. When I got it home, no coupons. And that was the first Sun in May so it should have had the P&G and SS inserts. Now I get mine at the Dollar Tree on Sat morning.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM

I love my family!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Charmedonez has posted more than 150 good deals!Charmedonez has posted more than 150 good deals!
Here what they don't sell they return for a refund. Our Dollar Tree does not sell newspapers
Old 06-05-2011, 06:28 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
any deals will be based on agreement between the store and local paper, so ymmv based on where you live/what paper you are talking about
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 06-05-2011, 06:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Our walmart sells them all week until they are gone, or the newspaper people pick them up the next sunday. when i first started couponing i could find them all week, now i'm lucky if there are any left by 11am on sunday. our local paper is only .98 on sundays anyways so no discount here. i also get them at the Dollar Tree store but they seem to be sold out all the time too.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:08 PM

coupon crazy!

My Mood/Status:
omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Some of the Dollar Tree's around here don't do it, it's just a matter of finding one around you that does. I traveled 30 miles one way to do it but I was going to the flea market anyway . I hope you find something!

It's pretty crazy. I was at the flea market and there were people there other couponers I would assume with their "stock" that they were selling and they had 60 newspapers for sale for 50 cents, BUT they took all the coupons out. This one guy even told me "I wouldn't bother trying to find a Sunday paper with coupons, because there's a coupon shortage." I about died laughing from the ridiculousness of that statement haha.

I used to work for a newspaper route and there's no way they just randomly don't have coupons unless it's a holiday
Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM

is waiting on my hubby to get home with my...

My Mood/Status:
MyOwnKindOfParadise has posted more than 50 good deals
My Walmart will let you price match the Sunday paper to Dollar Tree's price of 1.00. It's something worth checking in to. HTH!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyOwnKindOfParadise For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
scaredycat8 has posted more than 150 good deals!scaredycat8 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Walgreens

I found my first discounted Sunday papers today! I've been paying full retail (gasp!) until today when I bought them for $1.39 at Walgreens. I haven't approached anyone at any stores to see what happens to the extras. I have trouble even finding them some weekends.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:56 PM

loving saving money with y'all
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
just fyi I just found out that wm will price match with drug mart on the .99 cent newspapers on sunday. I got 2 at drug mart as usually. I heard someone say, wm will price match. I did and collected the rest of my goal of Sunday papers. left quite happy. Have ad in hand.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 PM

loving saving money with y'all
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
oh I love this thread, I would have never looked at panera, and I will be going and asking my gas stations for a shake or a beer. thats a deal.

ty
Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 AM

nhilton has posted more than 75 good deals!
Wonder if more people went to get them due to the p and g coupons that are once a month?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!
Recycling Sun paper

I picked up my papers at the Dollar Tree on Sat morning, took out the inserts and dropped the rest of the papers off at a couple of laundromats on the way home. I hate having to throw out unread papers.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 AM

2011 savings to date: $1606.66

My Mood/Status:
carla2sew has posted more than 10 good deals
I also recommend dropping your unread papers at assisted livings or group homes. They normally have only a couple papers to share between 10-20 residents.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 AM

That is a good idea. I will see if there are any nearby.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
CKNu2Saving has posted more than 1 good deal
Thanks for the information, this is good to know.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 PM

blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!blueyedangel has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Your WM actually has papers left over??? LOL sorry but thats funny..nobody around here ever has papers left over. Great deal for you though.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Jumping for joy is good exercise!

My Mood/Status:
mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We don't have a sunday paper where I am so the inserts get stuck in the saturday paper. Around here you have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a paper. By 11am you can't find one anywhere. I called my local newspaper and asked them what they do with the extra inserts...turns out they sell them for 20 cents each! I hardly buy papers anymore!