Hologram???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

cherylstewart has posted more than 5 good deals
Hologram???

I tried to use two internet printed coupons from coupons.com at walmart today, and the cashier said they can't take them because theres supposed to be a hologram in the middle, and there isnt. I assume that means shes accusing me of photocopying them, which I didnt do. I may be new to this whole thing, but I know that is definately not allowed. I've used many other Internet coupons at WM before....not sure why these werent accepted. Annoying.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:02 AM

RE: Hologram???

carl307 has posted more than 50 good deals
I think smart source coupons have the hologram not the ones for coupons.com.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What? Home printers can't print holograms... at least not ANY printer I've ever seen There's supposed to be some sort of printing in the corner that will show up if it's copied, but from what I've read it doesn't really work b/c people's printers vary so much and don't print that kind of complexity.

Were they frees or high value or something, or just regular old printables?
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 09:41 AM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
I think some of them print watermarks vut I think copies will look very similar too
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
What? Home printers can't print holograms... at least not ANY printer I've ever seen There's supposed to be some sort of printing in the corner that will show up if it's copied, but from what I've read it doesn't really work b/c people's printers vary so much and don't print that kind of complexity.

Were they frees or high value or something, or just regular old printables?
yeah thats what I thought, thats why I was confused. They were just regular $1 off, nothing free. Hmm. I guess I'll try at a different store.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM

is amazed at how blessed she truly is
Always ISO Pall Mall, Camel and Mt. Dew coupons

My Mood/Status:
ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think what she's talking about it a coupon sent directly from the mfr. MOST of those that I"ve seen have holograms on them somewhere...but you can't print those from home. Call corporate and let them know what she said so that she can be educated. No need to be rude, just let them know.

IVDSO girls 7/8 fall/winter clothing!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 PM

needs a vacation
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Some companies do that when they mail you coupons - especially for free, high-value coupons. But not on a printer. I think the cashier must have been a little confused. She may have used the wrong word or she may have got 2 types of coupons confused. I would call the store before you go again to see if you can clarify.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:44 PM

lviars50 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lviars50 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lviars50 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lviars50 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lviars50 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lviars50 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
sounds like u needed to get the mgr.....
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!TraciBarnes23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
go to walmart.com and send an email, i did last week and they gm called me and called me until i answered the phone and apologized and swore that she was having a re-training session and i may have gotten a cashier fired, but it was for bad conduct. Note to cashiers at WM: No one cares about the time you found your husband in the bed with a prostitute, so lets not discuss it during my check out
The Following User Says Thank You to TraciBarnes23 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Everyone that I know who prints coupons at home is printing them with holograms.

You should be able to print each one in about 30-60 minutes in your home darkroom, just make sure to have a sturdy table, preferably based in sand to absorb vibrations. There are easy to follow directions online about how to point your diode laser at the image, how to handle and expose the holographic film plate, and mixing the chemicals for processing each one.

If you look in the tech forum here you should be able to get some help with proper printing techniques. Or ask the walmart cashier for help, sounds like she's an expert.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejake View Post
Everyone that I know who prints coupons at home is printing them with holograms.

You should be able to print each one in about 30-60 minutes in your home darkroom, just make sure to have a sturdy table, preferably based in sand to absorb vibrations. There are easy to follow directions online about how to point your diode laser at the image, how to handle and expose the holographic film plate, and mixing the chemicals for processing each one.

If you look in the tech forum here you should be able to get some help with proper printing techniques. Or ask the walmart cashier for help, sounds like she's an expert.

Try to imagine how many people are looking for this in the Tech forum right now....
Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Jakejake. Biggest smile I had all day!! Genius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rejoice Always!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 PM

hahahahaha I'm definately cracking up at these responses! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
There's a watermark on some of the coupons ( new printer ) but next time, bring some 3D glasses from a movie you've seen and put them on and say "I see it right there" and point to some weird spot on the paper, and see what happens. Then look at her and go "wow! your nails look like they're coming right at me!"

I know, I'm being silly
Old 05-21-2011, 04:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!
LOL at Hologram!!

I think she means that coupon.com Q's will often have a faint/ghost image of the brand's logo behind the part that says "Save X amount." If the Q is photocopied it may not show up in the copy (not really sure on this, never tried it).

If you have your printing sent to "draft," and depending on the printer, can make that faint image even fainter and harder to see. Or perhaps her eyesight wasn't that good, because they are hard to see sometimes.

TraciBarnes: Talk about TMI! Who talks about that sort of stuff in public?? Maybe I'm just a prude, but I can't imagine your work station to be an appropriate time and place to discuss that. And here I thought the grossest thing I came across was a cashier wetting her fingers with her tongue to get the bags to open.