Free Oral-B Toothbrush = Coupon Misuse?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Important Free Oral-B Toothbrush = Coupon Misuse?

Not trying to call anyone out or upset anyone but I believe this coupon may be being used incorrectly. I've seen several people get these for free on their trips. They are listing the price as $1.50 then -$1.50 Q = FREE. The $1.50 Q I assume is from the 5/1 inserts.

So I made my way to Walmart today with my list. The coupon says something to the effect of (and I'm sorry I don't have it in front of me) save $1.50 on ONE of these types ___________________ or save $1.50 on TWO of these types ______________________. The first type where you save $1.50/1 are more expensive types of toothbrushes and ranged anywhere from $1.97 - $3.97 at my Walmart. The toothbrushes that were $1.50 were the ones listed that you had to buy TWO to receive the $1.50 off (cavity protection and some other kind).

So for those who are buying 1 and getting the toothbrush free - are you sure you are using the Q properly? Because I'm pretty sure you would have to buy 2 $1.50 toothbrushes for the coupon to be used properly.

Just wanted to put that out there. Coupon misuse affects all of us.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:24 AM

RE: Free Oral-B Toothbrush = Coupon Misuse?

My Mood/Status:
MKS6128 has posted more than 10 good deals
If the store takes it, then it must be ok...
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Couponing Since 05!
Coupon Addict & Lovin It!

My Mood/Status:
applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS6128 View Post
No, it is not. You MUST follow the wording on the coupons. If it says buy 2 of that kind, then you buy 2. Simple as that. Any other use constitutes misuse of the coupon and is essentially fraud

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[b]Wife to Tim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crazydustirose has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
So if you have a coupon that states 3.00$ off 50oz tide and you buy a 20oz and it scans, thats ok?
I think not.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to crazydustirose For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would have to disagree with "if the store takes it, then it must be ok" Just because it doesn't beep doesn't make it right! If the manufacture questions the use of this coupon then Walmart would be out that money, and then Walmart could make it more difficult to use coupons at their stores.

Like the OP stated Coupon misuse affects all of us.

Anne
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 1NMMom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Grounded for Life

froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, I agree. I was talking with this lady at Walmart one night and she was saying how this lady uses crest white strips on crest toothpaste, and the other cashier got fired because of it. I understand the cashier should be reading it better but us as couponers should make sure we are following the restrictions/wording etc. on the coupons. You don't want to be labeled as the lady who misuses coupons.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to froggy6983 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Couponing Since 05!
Coupon Addict & Lovin It!

My Mood/Status:
applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy6983 View Post
Yes, I agree. I was talking with this lady at Walmart one night and she was saying how this lady uses crest white strips on crest toothpaste, and the other cashier got fired because of it. I understand the cashier should be reading it better but us as couponers should make sure we are following the restrictions/wording etc. on the coupons. You don't want to be labeled as the lady who misuses coupons.
Exactly. Not all cashiers will catch it. But they could have consequences for not paying better attention. How can someone misuse coupons and put that innocent person at risk for losing their job? People don't think about those things and only care about 'getting a free toothbrush, no matter what the cost'

[b]Wife to Tim
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to applerama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!cashier_ellie has posted more than 300 great deals!
It may be one of those YMMV situations. Either that particular store had that 1.97 for 1.50 on clearance, or perhaps they did an automatic price match with another area store. Prices at different stores (no matter the chain) can vary greatly, you'll find that in areas where there are many different retail stores will have cheaper prices than a "one store" kind of town.

I certainly hope that those coupons weren't intentionally misued.

ITA that the register scanning a coupon without a problem does not equal a valid use of the coupon.

Last edited by TJ_2008; 05-13-2011 at 03:59 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cashier_ellie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!MommaandtheBug has posted more than 200 great deals!
Just an idea, I believe that Oral B tooth brush is going on sale at Right Aid next week. So if you're going to use that tooth brush coupon make sure you use it then.

And coupon misuse is coupon misuse. Dont abuse the system or we wont have a system we can go by the rules with. Dont make couponing harder than it is by going against the rules. Sometimes the computer does not catch everything. Do not intentionally do harm.Sometimes mistakes happen, but dont get what you have by lying and cheating. The system can be beat by following the rules. Play it straight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommaandtheBug For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:51 AM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post
Not trying to call anyone out or upset anyone but I believe this coupon may be being used incorrectly. I've seen several people get these for free on their trips. They are listing the price as $1.50 then -$1.50 Q = FREE. The $1.50 Q I assume is from the 5/1 inserts.
If anyone reads a thread where a coupon is being misused, please use the Report button to let the team know. Thanks!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
dollkiss has posted more than 300 great deals!dollkiss has posted more than 300 great deals!dollkiss has posted more than 300 great deals!dollkiss has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Are you being serious?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dollkiss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 03:28 PM

coupons are my current obsession!

My Mood/Status:
kperez has posted more than 300 great deals!kperez has posted more than 300 great deals!kperez has posted more than 300 great deals!kperez has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS6128
Negative ghost rider.
I misused a coupon once and it's been eating me up inside! the way I see it, I have a hard time as it is using coupons, I don't need employees making it harder because of coupon misuse.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kperez For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM

lotsalyons has posted more than 100 good deals!lotsalyons has posted more than 100 good deals!
You're right about the coupon. Still, 75 cents isn't too bad for a decent toothbrush.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsalyons For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy6983 View Post
Oooh, that is terrible. I would never be so greedy as to try to intentionally misuse a coupon, thereby getting someone into trouble or getting fired! In this economy jobs are hard to come by, I feel very sorry for that particular cashier

Jees, we can get so much for free or cheap it is ridiculous to even contemplate misusing coupons...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
Crystalwilcox6 has posted more than 10 good deals
I agree, do not misuse coupons. If there is a situation where I am unsure, I will ask an associate or cashier before they even start ringing up my purchases. It just gives the rest of us a bad name...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crystalwilcox6 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:51 PM

aChop1 has posted more than 75 good deals!
So true! It's not right! I hope if it was done it was not intentional and no one tries it "just to see"!

But if you NEED a toothbrush you can get the Colgate Total toothbrush for a quarter at Walgreens after RR!
The Following User Says Thank You to aChop1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:48 PM

Shannon

My Mood/Status:
shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Seriously?? Coupon misuse is never ok and like all others have said, IT HURTS US ALL!! People who think like this are the ones making it harder for the honest couponers. Just my opinion. Use them right or dont use them at all.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM

Shannon

My Mood/Status:
shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post

So I made my way to Walmart today with my list. The coupon says something to the effect of (and I'm sorry I don't have it in front of me) save $1.50 on ONE of these types ___________________ or save $1.50 on TWO of these types ______________________. The first type where you save $1.50/1 are more expensive types of toothbrushes and ranged anywhere from $1.97 - $3.97 at my Walmart. The toothbrushes that were $1.50 were the ones listed that you had to buy TWO to receive the $1.50 off (cavity protection and some other kind).

So for those who are buying 1 and getting the toothbrush free - are you sure you are using the Q properly? Because I'm pretty sure you would have to buy 2 $1.50 toothbrushes for the coupon to be used properly.

Just wanted to put that out there. Coupon misuse affects all of us.
I think this may also be the case with the coupon for the Bic Comfort 3 Advance, & 3 other razors( Sorry I dont have the q handy) The Bic Comfort 3 Advance is a more expensive razor and it is in a blue & yellow pack and the ones that I've seen mentioned or pictured in posts are the Bic Comfort 3, less expensive, around $3, and in a blue package. I'm not saying this is being misused intentionally, but please read your q's.
It seems with all the hype because of the show, couponing has gotten harder in the past few months. Rules have gotten stricter, policys are changing, & stores are becoming more unfriendly towards couponers. We, as couponers, just have to make sure we are reading our q's throughly and getting the right products.
Happy Couponing Everyone!!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Gritball Champion

My Mood/Status:
barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well now I used that coupon for the Oral B tooth brushes, But I took mine to the Family dollar where the less expensive ones were $1.50 and it did state buy 2 cavity defender and get $1.50 off so I got 2 and considered the second toothbrush to be the freebee . Perhaps that is what they meant?
The Following User Says Thank You to barbnron For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I used a q incorrectly last month at walmart(fifty cents). I went to cus. serv. and they said don't worry about it as a few cents off in a drawer won't cause trouble. I'm not saying this to try to get away with anything--I just felt better knowing a small mistake every now and then won't get anyone fired. What I feel is harder to figure out lately is some of these and/or qs where the and or is listed three times and a picture of two items is shown?? Are we supposed to buy two items, three items....When it is that hard to figure out I just try to do my best to be honest...

The person who said the wrong statement above must be new......this is a good place to learn...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoanJosephine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 AM

staceycarachure has posted more than 300 great deals!staceycarachure has posted more than 300 great deals!staceycarachure has posted more than 300 great deals!staceycarachure has posted more than 300 great deals!
I had printed some coupons off manu websites & took them to the commissary to verify they'd work with the products I had. They gave the clear on all of them. Then when I was back at the product putting more in my cart I noticed the pictures were VERY similar, but didn't quite match, so I decided to read it very closely to figure out what the difference was. Turns out they weren't the same product! So I went back to the CS desk & let them know to be aware of that because they didn't even sell the product on the coupon. We can all make the mistake of pushing it through without even realizing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to staceycarachure For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 07:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sarahcakes101 has posted more than 150 good deals!Sarahcakes101 has posted more than 150 good deals!
The first time I used the toothbrush coupon I made a mistake with it in one of my transactions. once it was brought to my attention I felt horrible. I now pay extra attention to all my coupons because I do not want to make mistakes. I like being able to use coupons to save money and I want to be able to continue to do so for years to come.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarahcakes101 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 AM

Happiness is...puppy kisses x2!

My Mood/Status:
StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Blown away by this statement.....please take some time to read the posts on correct coupon usage.

Also, I noticed your banner says you're sick, feel better soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to StLouisClipper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 08:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!katiebug'smema has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think that the manufacturers are beginning to code the coupons, using the UPC, to specify size, number, etc.
I heard at some point all coupons would be coded with this UPC which when coded with buy a specify size or number of item would mean buy just that.
If a clerk over rode the sale, the store and or clerk could risk coupon fraud. I heard of one store that had all of their cpns returned unpaid because they could not show sales for items.
Store fraud? or couponers giving wrong coupons? I don't know!

We have made the manufacturers do this because of misuse of coupons.
I have used coupons for many years and have seen many changes. Coupons values have increased and we are still able to save quite a bit of money using them correctly.
We all make mistakes, but if done intentionally, I think we all will be affected.
The Following User Says Thank You to katiebug'smema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 09:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
BlueMonster has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
If there is a coupon for product "A" and a customer uses it on product "B", the company then sends it to the manufacturer to get their money for it and the manufacturer says they don't sell product "A" so you could not have used this coupon, there for we will not give you your money back. Company is screwed out of that money.

Also not all registers are made to *beep* to match up coupons. If you are going to a store where there register does not read the barcode to match with a product, then it WILL go through. But you are still breaking a coupon law.

ALSO, the one cashier made a mistake by letting someone use the coupon on the wrong item. Cashiers are human and will make mistakes. That does not make it ok for everyone else to use the coupon wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueMonster For This Useful Post: