WM's Price Scan Guarantee???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Mommy of 2 yo. Corbin & 2 mo. Grant

My Mood/Status:
jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
WM's Price Scan Guarantee???

Hey everyone! I've seen the like to the Q policy and even the price match policy on here but NOT anything that has to do with a scan guarantee.

I had a bit of an "issue" tonight and plan on contacting corp. in the AM. JW if anyone knew anything about it before I called.

Basically tonight I decided to get a life vest that said $14 on the rack, and it rang up $33 at the register. The DID NOT honor the rack price for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenakay For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:57 PM

RE: WM's Price Scan Guarantee???

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Don't know about a policy, but do know that if something is tagged at $10 and rings up $15, they honor the $10. same with shelf prices. The difference with your scenario is that any customer could put something back on the wrong rack. So, unless the item or shelf (with UPC) say differently, you're out of luck...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JStacklie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 05:13 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momof3k2c has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
They used to give yoiu a 5.00 gc if it rang up different but idk if they still do or not.
Mom to Ashley
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Corey
and Kylie
Two cats Frasier and Gracie

The Following User Says Thank You to momof3k2c For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 AM

: )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
2 or 3 years ago, our WMs had signs in their registers that said you get the first item FREE if you get overcharged. Then they took it down and soon as they did, they no longer honored it. If you catch a mispriced item, they just give you the difference but will no longer give you the item free up to $5 value. In the past, when you have 3 like items that were mispriced, you get the first item free up to $5 and the 2 are adjusted to correct price.

IDK of any WM that still honors a price guarantee but I've read that state consumer protection laws (check laws in your state) supercede any retailer's policy such that if a customer is overpriced, they get the item free up to a certain amount determined by law.

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 06:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Took the store mgr. a while to get back to me...but he called today. He told me that if I wanted to come back up to the store they would honor the price for me.

So..I ended up getting a $34 life vest for $14
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenakay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 AM

: )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenakay View Post
Took the store mgr. a while to get back to me...but he called today. He told me that if I wanted to come back up to the store they would honor the price for me.

So..I ended up getting a $34 life vest for $14
Good that they honored the tag price but it means they're no longer giving the $5 discount or gives it free if item is $5 or less when it rings up wrong price.

still a good deal!

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 05:52 AM

Brantonio2709 has posted more than 75 good deals!
As a Walmart dept manager I am very attentive as to where I stock my products, I always make sure the UPC on the shelf tag matches the UPC on the items tag... So in my opinion and that of my fellow associates and DMs I feel that as long as there were more than one life vest stocked in the $14 spot the price should be honored... But usually and sadly that's not the case, I've actually seen a customer try to get a $1500 tv sold to her for $120 (even though the tag said Blu-Ray player)... So please loyal Walmart shoppers at least read the tag to be sure it reads what you're buying.... And please take the time to put items you decide not to get in there respective places (or at least give to an associate to do so for you!)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brantonio2709 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
Yeah I was also a dept. mgr at Kmart for YEARS...So I totally understand . There was an entire rack of them and the tag said "boaters life vest $14.95" They were all the same brand. If it were only one and the tag said "motor oil"..or something else crazy I would have never said anything about it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 AM

Saving Away The Hours Today!

My Mood/Status:
FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!
In Connecticut it is a law that if it rings up at a higher incorrect price, you get the first one for free, up to $20, if it is over $20, you are to get a $20 gift card. I don't know about any laws in other states about this, however, I would ASSUME that if it was tagged as such, that they would have to honor that price, they can take the sign down right after that, though, which is what they have done for me.

If what I have posted has helped you, please let me know, click "Thanks" below.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreetailTherapy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 AM

bubble_123_98 has posted more than 10 good deals
Michigan used to do the $5 scan law but the law is no longer in place.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubble_123_98 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Michigan scanner law IS still in effect, it is being updated as of Sept 2011 but it still in effect.

here is a link to the michigan gov page that outlines its update...

AG - Michigan's New Scanner Law, The 2011 Shopping Reform and Modernization Act
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerseye0420 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 06:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks for all of the info guys! Man I wish that VA had a law like that!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yeah it is nice....sometimes a PIA but usually worth it It is limit of 1 "scanner law" per like item purchased so if you buy 10 items (all the same) and they each ring up the wrong price you get the difference back on all 10 but only the additional amount back on ONE of the 10.

Also you HAVE to pay that at register (the wrong price) then go to CS to get the issue fixed...if you alert cashier that the item scanned wrong and they fix it then you cannot get the "scanner law"