10/$10 Price Matches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

love cpns. has posted more than 5 good deals
Question 10/$10 Price Matches?

I was price matching BBQ sauce and the cashier called the CSM over and asked if she could price match it because I only had one. She said no, I had to buy 10.

I said well it's 10 for $10 so that's $1 each, right. She again said I had to buy 10.

I said ok, I'll go to KMart and buy 1.

The CSM got all flustered and said, oh give it to her and walked off.

Do you have to buy 10 on these type of price matches?
Did I miss something in their price match policy? I don't remember seeing that you had to buy 10 of an item if you were price matching a 10/$10.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to love cpns. For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 PM

RE: 10/$10 Price Matches?

My Mood/Status:
lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I would think not, but I guess it's always YMMV with price matchin *sigh*. I rarely ever have to buy 10 at ANY store with that type of sale. $1 on each item is what I'm charged.
The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthedeals For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
no LOL...she was wrong and you were right
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetheidi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 07:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!
They told me the same thing and I said so "If you guys had something 2/$5 you wouldn't charge me only $2.50 for one" and she said well if you put it that way. So you were right.

H) coupons, btfe
Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
jtrue has posted more than 300 great deals!jtrue has posted more than 300 great deals!jtrue has posted more than 300 great deals!jtrue has posted more than 300 great deals!
i have found it is best to tell the cashier they are $1 each. It is all about the wording. I was told the same when I said it was 10/ $10. So now i just say $1 each.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 PM

texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrue View Post
i have found it is best to tell the cashier they are $1 each. It is all about the wording. I was told the same when I said it was 10/ $10. So now i just say $1 each.
I agree, do the math and tell the cashier the per item price. That's what I do.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MrsCG has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by love cpns. View Post
I was price matching BBQ sauce and the cashier called the CSM over and asked if she could price match it because I only had one. She said no, I had to buy 10.

I said well it's 10 for $10 so that's $1 each, right. She again said I had to buy 10.

Did I miss something in their price match policy? I don't remember seeing that you had to buy 10 of an item if you were price matching a 10/$10.

I PMed sunkist oranges that stated in Shop N saves ad 6/$2 and I only bought 4, so she rang them up at $0.33 each. And I bought stouffers and PMed to giant eagles 5/$10 and I only bought 2 and she rang up at $2 each. I have only PMed a few times but personally havent had any issues at all. You dont have to buy all 10 at the other store, so they shouldnt make you purchase all $10 either, unless it specifically states must buy all 10 for sale price. Thats my reasoning, but I havent been troubled about it yet. GL!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
gdd629 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:

Although i am new to couponing i have pm quite often at walmart and i too have found that unfortunately you do have to do the math for them without the aide of the cash register to do it for them most of the cashiers can't do the math in their head i know it sounds silly 10 for $10 but its true and also for those of you who may not know if a competitor has their own store brand on sale for example Giant Eagle has their GE milk on sale 2 for $5 Walmart will honor it with their Great Value Brand
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdd629 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 AM

love cpns. has posted more than 5 good deals
Thanks for the replies.
Also, didn't know wm price matches other store brands with their own store brand.
Good info.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 AM

Saving Away The Hours Today!

My Mood/Status:
FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Thanks for the replies.
Also, didn't know wm price matches other store brands with their own store brand.
Good info.
We DO NOT match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

* Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
o example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"
* Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
o example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"
* Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card
o example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
* Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
* Going out of business or closeout prices
* Percentage off
o example: "All mascara, 40% off"
* Competitors' private label price promotions

They do NOT PM for store brands, this must have been a YMMV thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If what I have posted has helped you, please let me know, click "Thanks" below.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
On Farm Fresh Ads (and possibly others... I can't really think off the top of my head) it'll say "10/$10" and then in the corner by it really small it'll say "Only $1 Each." So if your ad said that then that's even more proof. Ads such as Walgreens almost will always say in fine print "must buy 10 to get this deal." So I believe unless it said "must buy 10," it should have been excepted.

Maybe to be 100%, call the customer service number. If they say yes then of course it's a yes! And if the cashiers don't believe you when you're in line, stop and and call cs while you are still at check out. I have the number in my cell phone in case I ever need to But of course since it's been in my phone I haven't had a problem. .
, Gavin
, and Adell
The Following User Says Thank You to EMunion777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
gdd629 has posted more than 25 good deals
I had never even thought about them matching a competitors private brand i was told by a cashier as i was checking out that they would.. so maybe its just this one walmart
Old 04-27-2011, 08:17 PM

daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:

LOL! If I was made to buy 10/$10, I'd buy 10, then waltz my happy butt over to the Customer Service Desk to return 9.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 AM

Slynch09 has posted more than 1 good deal
Thank you this really helps because I am planning my first shopping trip with coupons as i am new to couponing as well and I know Martins has a lot of 10/$10 sales and I was unsure if WM would price match those.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 AM

Thank you AFullCup !!

My Mood/Status:
ruby23 has posted more than 25 good deals
May I ask you all a question regarding Walmarts price match? Do you need to show the ad at the store, usually do..? Thanks for all the tips too. It is a pain to drive all over town, so a one stop shopping works well w/ me!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:16 AM

Thank you AFullCup !!

My Mood/Status:
ruby23 has posted more than 25 good deals
=) Me too!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM

kinipela_27
You don't have to buy all 10 items. I agree with the others, do tell them that it is $1.00 instead.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby23
May I ask you all a question regarding Walmarts price match? Do you need to show the ad at the store, usually do..? Thanks for all the tips too. It is a pain to drive all over town, so a one stop shopping works well w/ me!
Their policy says you don't have to have the ad to pm. Stores are supposed to have all the ads.
I always bring my ads with me. The policy says I don't have to, but it just makes it easier. If I'm pm'ing a few items - easier for me and easier for cashier of course. Saves the time also if the cashier has to run to CS desk to get ads to make sure.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
dakotah93 has posted more than 150 good deals!dakotah93 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Kroger has 10/$10 this week and my Kroger does NOT require you to buy 10 items - it's not a Mega Sale. They are just $1 each. So when I price-matched at WalMart yesterday I just told them the price was $1. No problem.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!
Dakotah93- tried to explain how Kroger worked to the cashier at WM today when she denied me 10/10 since I was only buying 1 - she swore up and down that the CSM would not accept it...I'm calling corporate later but I was mad. I also had 8 Yoplaits and the Martin's ad said 10/$5 so she wouldn't give me it for .50 each until I bought two more. so my daughter and I walked all the way back to get two more....ridiculous and c'mon has she never shopped at a a Kroger - really????? Glad to see others are having success anyway.....
Old 04-30-2011, 12:19 PM

nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just PM'd some ronzoni pasta at WM that was 10 for $10 at my local grocery store...no problems...and I only got 4. The cashier didn't even blink an eye.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
dakotah93 has posted more than 150 good deals!dakotah93 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieCat View Post
Dakotah93- tried to explain how Kroger worked to the cashier at WM today when she denied me 10/10 since I was only buying 1 - she swore up and down that the CSM would not accept it...I'm calling corporate later but I was mad. I also had 8 Yoplaits and the Martin's ad said 10/$5 so she wouldn't give me it for .50 each until I bought two more. so my daughter and I walked all the way back to get two more....ridiculous and c'mon has she never shopped at a a Kroger - really????? Glad to see others are having success anyway.....
I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble with this. With Walmart, especially, a lot seems to depend on your cashier and their training. I've seen some very knowledgable cashiers and CSM's, and at the same store, the exact opposite. Very frustrating. I hope you have better luck your next trip!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!ChristieCat has posted more than 300 great deals!
Dakotah - thanks for the sympathy - it's crazy how the training is so disorganized - I mean we are talking about 1.50 in total PM savings I was looking for....I was not robbing the store...my goodness!
I think sometimes the shoplifters have less trouble than the couponers at WM!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM

kaylincollier has posted more than 25 good deals
They do pm store brands actually. It's quite convenient.