"Match It" New Tv Ad.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
"Match it" new tv ad.....

Just sitting here watching TV and searching AFC, and a new Walmart commercial came on...they just keep saying "match it" refering to compeiter's ads. Even Randy jackson from American Idol is in it ...they are really trying to get the word out-Thats good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frugalista mom to:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD(12),
DS(9),
DD(8), Twin Girls (7)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 4my5kds For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 04:02 AM

RE: "Match it" new tv ad.....

My Mood/Status:
Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Very good! I seen it last night as well and from what I was reading they have 5 new ads that will air soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tigerseye0420 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
jsciborski has posted more than 400 great deals!jsciborski has posted more than 400 great deals!jsciborski has posted more than 400 great deals!jsciborski has posted more than 400 great deals!jsciborski has posted more than 400 great deals!
Yes, I saw this as well - HOWEVER - it did look like the "cusotmer" in the commercial did look like she was showing her ad to the cashier......just in case, I would bring the ads all of the time. Better safe than sorry. I know that at my Walmart they have a set of ads at each register (boy, wonder what happens to those coupon inserts from the papers they take apart....) but to look for each ad would take forever if you have multiple items. Besides, I have my stuff circled and tabbed out - the quick I can find it, the better!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsciborski For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 02:51 PM

My5SAKJJ

My5SAKJJ has posted more than 1 good deal
makeup Anyone see the Walmart commercial?

This morning Walmart had a commercial about "matching"-I wasn't really paying attention to the tv until the very end-the cashier say something like" I got it"
The Following User Says Thank You to My5SAKJJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!schoward has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
So glad they are trying to get the word out.

*** Have lots of q's for trade. I get multiple weekly inserts. Looking for Dove mens deodorant, DenTek Floss, etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schoward For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
reed76 has posted more than 50 good deals
Hello Everyone, at my Wal- Mart it use to be you could tell a cashier what the price was and the would match it , but now you have to bring the add and if you don't they will not match it. I think this way it keeps everyone honest. Because you know there is alot of dishonest people out there. Its just another way big business is controling how you spend your money at thier store,also they will no longer match an add that says (example) if you buy $10 worth of grocerys you get that 24 pack of coke for $5.98

Last edited by reed76; 04-12-2011 at 04:15 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reed76 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
g11bug has posted more than 300 great deals!g11bug has posted more than 300 great deals!g11bug has posted more than 300 great deals!g11bug has posted more than 300 great deals!
i saw it last night - i couldn't help but stop in my tracks in the middle of the livingroom and watch it, LOL

maybe they will get their butts in gear now!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g11bug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 09:02 PM

Meow

My Mood/Status:
endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Now maybe the store employees will finally hear it. But will they get it. LOL

There's a WM commercial on right now and it wasn't the one you mentioned. I have heard the one you are talking about. Hopefully it is played all across the USA and often enough for the employes to all hear it....

Personally I have only used price matching once (only have a small WM and very little food there). I brought a Target ad with the Aveeno on sale. It was a event for them. They had to call the manager and it looked like a football huddle. She had to do the transaction over a few times to get it right. The manager was trying to help and everything went well eventually. But you would think that they would know about it and how to do it already.

Cat Lover.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
sveilma has posted more than 100 good deals!sveilma has posted more than 100 good deals!
I don't shop Walmart very often anymore due to their poor customer service. I find I can find better deals elsewhere. However, I saw this commercial and went and pricematched some fresh strawberries, a pineapple, and a canteloupe to Aldi's weekly price. I had the ad in my purse, but the cashier already knew the price when I told her what I wanted to do...didn't have to show the ad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sveilma For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM

Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Their policy doesn't require an ad. However, I think it's in everyone's best interest to just bring it with you, it will make things smoother and we can avoid any problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dannae7 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I watched a cashier price match the eggs of the lady in front of me. The lady didn't know about price matching or the cheaper eggs. Refreshing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twentyfirstcenturygypsy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
spidermansmom has posted more than 300 great deals!spidermansmom has posted more than 300 great deals!spidermansmom has posted more than 300 great deals!spidermansmom has posted more than 300 great deals!
I printed out the new price match guarantee from the Walmart website. It also says that they will gladly match a BOGO free ad with specified price. Is that new? I have NEVER seen that before! I'm so happy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spidermansmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:24 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermansmom View Post
I printed out the new price match guarantee from the Walmart website. It also says that they will gladly match a BOGO free ad with specified price. Is that new? I have NEVER seen that before! I'm so happy!
It's not new, as long as the BOGO sale of competitor's ad state the price of 1 item like Coffeemate @ 2.49, BOGO

they will match that and you can also use 2 x/1 coupons for it. at our WM, they ring items @ 1/2 price that is why they take a coupon for each item.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I've just started price matching at WM. I've done it all of two times--once with a Staples ad and once with a Wags ad. I haven't had any problems, but I did want to clarify something. I read on one of the boards that people price match with Walgreens even on the rr items due to the ads saying "like paying $2/2" I just wanted to make sure that was okay to do and find out if a lot of WM's accept that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 02:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tigerseye0420 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflmom View Post
I've just started price matching at WM. I've done it all of two times--once with a Staples ad and once with a Wags ad. I haven't had any problems, but I did want to clarify something. I read on one of the boards that people price match with Walgreens even on the rr items due to the ads saying "like paying $2/2" I just wanted to make sure that was okay to do and find out if a lot of WM's accept that?
My walmart will not do this. From what I read, most will not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tigerseye0420 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dannae7 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If you think about they shouldn't really be price matching the "after RR" deals. First, we are not getting a cash discount on the spot, we are getting a mq for discount on our next purchase (WM doesn't accept those either). Second, Wags/CVS/RiteAid negotiate special promotions with manufacturers that allow them to have deals like that. WM does not.
Anyways, RRs are not cash discount on the spot so I don't see why anyone would expect WM to price match them. We still have to pay the $2/8 price, and then get the mq for discount on the next purchase.

Last edited by Dannae7; 04-13-2011 at 03:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dannae7 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 PM

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannae7 View Post
If you think about they shouldn't really be price matching the "after RR" deals. First, we are not getting a cash discount on the spot, we are getting a mq for discount on your next purchase (WM doesn't accept those either). Second, Wags/CVS/RiteAid negotiate special promotions with manufacturers that allow them to have deals like that. WM does not.
Anyways, RRs are not cash discount on the spot so I don't see why anyone would expect WM to price match them.
Thanks for your response. I know Wags also advertises "deals" with their monthly coupons, so I guess those would be okay since it is a cash discount per se.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM

laura5 has posted more than 25 good deals
I've had trouble with price matching at WM. They only wanted to match the specific diaper sizes that the picture in the ad showed. It took 20 minutes to get them to do it which made me late to work. The only reason I had gone to WM instead of Target (who had the sale) was because Target didn't open until 8 and I needed to be at work at 8. That was the 2nd time I'd had trouble and have been nervous to try again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laura5 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 PM

about to go shopping again!

My Mood/Status:
brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
what did the commercial say?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandywantsadeal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 05:57 AM

My5SAKJJ

My5SAKJJ has posted more than 1 good deal
It was about price matching-seems that they're trying to spread the word about it to consumers-hope they spread (and explain it) it to their employees as well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My5SAKJJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I did a big run last night, having combine three of my store's lists into one, and tested the PM policy WITHOUT ads. I was so nervous, but I stopped at CS when I came in and they confirmed it was okay, just tell the cashier. I had one set of ads with me, but the others I didn't have and the online "shopping lists" didn't print out with details and prices from one store. The cashier was unsure, but I said I confirmed it and he went ahead without a problem. I saved a TON of money, including GAS money driving the extra miles, using this policy.

I will continue to try to have the ads with me in the future just in case. It will make me feel better and less like a theif LOL.

I saved a TON in coupons too...excited at the prospect of being able to do this at WM!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lostinthedeals For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've read people who ad match even the FARR items @ their WM but they are rare.

For me that is sneaky because we all know FARR items need to be bought first; in other words, purchase is necessary to get them "free", they are NOT OUTRIGHT FREE. if customers ad matched at WM demanding that they be given w/o purchase is putting cashiers in trouble because how can they justify giving away merchandise via ad match? How would we feel if we're the cashier involved? Let us also be considerate and know where to draw the line to finding bargains.

It is not a good deal if it puts other people's jobs at risk of being fired. If you were the store owner, would you allow it? If we won't allow it, why even try it?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
teshia has posted more than 100 good deals!teshia has posted more than 100 good deals!
I saw it too. But I was recently in WM and was matching a DGeneral add the cashier told me they don't match dollar store adds. So the manager comes over and tells me the same thing. I even have a copy of there price matching add with me but the manager tells me it is up to her if she will match it or not because of the fine print "see store for details".. So frustrating. So I told my husband last night during the commercial next time that I am in WM I'm going to go to the service desk and ask what do the consider a competitor.
Teshia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teshia For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 06:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lostinthedeals has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I live kind of rurally. My nearest WM is 20 minutes away; the next area is another 20 from there (where target, wags, other larger chains are). I asked if they PM the stores that were further away and *for this WM* they said yes. They will PM any store in the area (big generalization for the area). I feel so lucky! They will even PM the tiny little over priced stores in my town! With gas prices the way they are, this is going to help us out a LOT. So grateful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lostinthedeals For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
jasahj14 has posted more than 25 good deals
I only did the price match one time on a cricut cartridge. I showed the sales ad to the cashier, she called the manager over and at first he said no because it had to be the item in the picture. I had to ask him to read the ad and then he gave it to me. It was a hassle and I never wanted to do it again. If something is on sale, I always go to that store now.
The Following User Says Thank You to jasahj14 For This Useful Post: