"Match It" New Tv Ad.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 01:58 PM

RE: "Match it" new tv ad.....

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I've been price matching at different Walmarts in our area. I stopped at one on my way home to price match the Scotch Magic Tape from Walgreens at 1.99 (B1G2). So..they rang one up at $1.20 and two at 0.01 each for $1.22 for all three, and then they would only take one MQ. I tried explaining to the cashier who called someone over who showed me their policy. They were pleasant but in error. I canceled the order and then called corporate.

Within a couple of hours, I had a call from the store manager. She said they should have taken all 3 MQ's and they're still trying to educate their people with the new policy and overage and she apologized.

The part that was confusing to me was their policy with the B1G2. The way they did it (which the store manage said was correct) was to my advantage in that I would get 3 tapes for $1.22 versus $1.99 with Wags ad.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Meijer is no longer my happy place. :(

My Mood/Status:
IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think it is awesome that Walmart's sales are starting to sag because of how awful they treat couponers; they are realizing that couponers are just gonna take their coupons and their purchasing ability elsewhere.
In this economy (not to mention couponing shows coming out glorifying it) alot more people are going to be paying more attention to their budget and if they can get something cheaper elsewhere or use coupons easily elsewhere then WM will start losing their loyal customers. It's about time they realized that!

First a clear cut coupon policy (yes!)
Second a price match policy commercial that screams the message to everyone(including their own workers!) (yes!)
Third -- ? maybe better training and customer service guarentee? (please?)

A corporation can have all the policies in the world but if they don't abide by them then what good are they......... I'm staying positive though, hopefully soon! Hopefully this will not be all bark, no bite. I'd love to get all my shopping done in one trip and without accusations or headaches.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msvidkiller13 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah I know its everywhere When I went in the day before with a Walgreen paper the casher said I see we are price matching

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:20 PM

Jennpopp
Walmart #1541 Royal Palm Beach Florida

I saw the comercial as well, and even though it did not show the woman having ads from other stores, it did say match it... so I took my ads incase. So as I went into the store I asked a MGR or CSM if that commercial was indeed true as she replies YES.... so as we shopped with the Winn Dixie, and Publix adds a few of the buy 1 get 1 free's ... I told the cashier and placed the items that I was picking out of other adds in front all together...so that it would be organized.... well she put her light on told me she needed to get a MGR and then as that lady comes over she states that we can not use the adds for cereals because there wasn't a price showing in the ad .... so I said ok keep those and then she preceeded to go to the ads that did have prices but it was showing a card at the bottom of the winn dixie so the ASST MGR Jessica said no because they use a card with theirs.. so ummm the commerical didnt say anything about that... the commercial was made to look like false advertisement due to the way store #1541 inturpeted the way they wanted it... but as I did call the store to where the market MGRs are housed out of they do as the commercial says...match it. I called 1-800-walmart and they said I was right the ads were supposed to be matced regaurdless if the other stores uesed discount cards or not. my suggestion would be goto walmart.com goto search box type in coupons and then click on policy print and take with you...and 1 of their policies states tere has to be a price on ads.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
gbsol has posted more than 50 good deals
I have a ? , I live in a small town . We have a walmart & receive newspapers from cities close by like 65 miles away . Anyways my ? Is would they price match ads from stores in towns or cities close by? Someone told me they wouldn't that it would have to be ads from stores in town or city is this correct ? Anyone know??? We don't have any stores here to price match with except one other store

What others think of ME is none of my Business;Try not to take things personally,what people often say is a reflection of them and not you.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:56 PM

texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsol View Post
I have a ? , I live in a small town . We have a walmart & receive newspapers from cities close by like 65 miles away . Anyways my ? Is would they price match ads from stores in towns or cities close by? Someone told me they wouldn't that it would have to be ads from stores in town or city is this correct ? Anyone know??? We don't have any stores here to price match with except one other store
Just take the ads in and try it. You have nothing to lose.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
gbsol has posted more than 50 good deals
True, thnx

What others think of ME is none of my Business;Try not to take things personally,what people often say is a reflection of them and not you.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshia View Post
I saw it too. But I was recently in WM and was matching a DGeneral add the cashier told me they don't match dollar store adds. So the manager comes over and tells me the same thing. I even have a copy of there price matching add with me but the manager tells me it is up to her if she will match it or not because of the fine print "see store for details".. So frustrating. So I told my husband last night during the commercial next time that I am in WM I'm going to go to the service desk and ask what do the consider a competitor.
Teshia
I could understand the "dollar store" policy that your WM has if they were just talking about the "Everything under $1" types but Dollar General isn't one of them. The Dollar General accepts Q's, so if a WM won't price match them, ppl will take their Q's and go to Dollar General and WM will lose business.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsol View Post
Their policy states "local trade territory" but not all stores view that territory the same. You may get lucky because you live in a small town and if there is an advertised deal most ppl wouldn't hesitate to drive to the store advertising that deal. I think a small town would be more willing to consider that. Personally I would call the store in advance or ask a manager before shopping.