Hello Ladies. I Am New

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

pennylane_35 has posted more than 5 good deals
Hello Ladies. I am new

I am new here. I also just signed up on the p&g site. I am a non coupon user but would like to change that this year. Primarily because our local paper never has coupons in it.

I have been watching some youtube videos and reading up on the coupon thing to get the idea of how it works, but alot of the videos are on the east coast and I live on the west coast. I also live in a small town and we only have walmart super center and safeway to shop. We have 1 riteaid and 1 walgreens and that's pretty much it.

Yesterday i went to walgreens and riteaid and did a walk through and found just a few items that we regularly use, so not sure if i will shop there much. Ohh we also have a k-mart. I also noticed at our safeway they don't have those little coupon machines in the store. They don't have any coupons, weird!

I did not know walmart price matched groceries so i will have to remember to take my safeway ad with me just in case..

Our daughter is starting College in September so i really need to spend this summer getting this figured out so we can stock up and save some money.

I don't work during the summer so this will be a great time for me to stratagize and plan, so any advice you have for me, let me have it! .

Yesterday i went around and price compared just to see what the prices were of the things we buy, in other stores so i have notes on that.

I do have 1 guestion though, how do people get multiple coupons for the same product? do they buy that many papers?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 PM

RE: Hello Ladies. I am new

well i thought i

was new but i guess i signed up in june of 09. We had a computer melt down around that time and when we got a new comp we switched to high speed and changed internet providers and thus got a new email address.

I just found the info on this place in an old notebook i was going through, signed in and didn't know i hactually posted anything.

I learn something new every day. so i guess technically i've been a member for 2 years, but i still don't know anything about couponing
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 AM

marycontrary has posted more than 5 good deals
Hi penny, I am new too. You will find the posters here full of info and great advice!

I was a non-coupon user also until this past week, when I checked out some sites and some simple youtube videos and realized I could save probably at least $20-$30 or more a week just by price matching (we do all our grocery shopping at WM). I did save about $28 last Friday with price matching and a few coupons. My cashier only asked to see one ad to check the date and make sure the deal hadn't expired.

As for having multiple coupons...I think people get them in a variety of ways, from buying more papers, asking friends and family, checking recycling bins on Monday morning, etc.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 AM

I couldn't find my post that i posted yesterday , so i had to go to the history on my computer to find this. How do i find where i posted this? just navigating this site is complicated.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
tami tank has posted more than 200 great deals!tami tank has posted more than 200 great deals!tami tank has posted more than 200 great deals!
I get all my coupons from ebay and coupon clippers
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM

coupons

I have been checking ebay out. just got 15 coupons for 99 cents + free shipping, for tampax pearls 18 count or higher for $2 off each package.

The 20 pack at walmart is $3.96 so i will get them for $1.96 so its a $29 savings if i subtract the .$99 i spent for the coupons. Told My DD she will be set for a while for tampons. . Coupon expires the 28th or something so we will ahve to get them all at once, which is the point, right?

I never realized it before but if i look at coupons as money(like the lady on krazycouponlady.com said, )it really is a savings.

i think i am off to a good start. now i just need to get some coupons for speed stick. My WM has a bunch of them on clearance for $1.50 and right now there are coupons on ebay for .50 off, so that would make them $1 each. Good deal.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:08 PM

is amazed at how blessed she truly is
Always ISO Pall Mall, Camel and Mt. Dew coupons

My Mood/Status:
ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Alot of us trade coupons on here. Just check out the FSOT forum. You can also print coupons off the internet. There's a really good list if them in the Coupon Database

Since you're just starting out, I recommend you read THIS thread and THIS thread.

And lastly, to learn the in's and outs of AFC go HERE

HTh's! Good luck!

IVDSO girls 7/8 fall/winter clothing!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 PM

is amazed at how blessed she truly is
Always ISO Pall Mall, Camel and Mt. Dew coupons

My Mood/Status:
ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Oh and to find the posts that you've made (IF you're subscribed to them) go up to the top right corner of the page and hit settings. It should bring up the list of your subscribed threads.

IVDSO girls 7/8 fall/winter clothing!