Can You Price Match AND Use Coupons Too?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Can you price match AND use coupons too?

I tried to price match at Walmart and was told that I could either price match OR use a coupon and not both. I know the policy has recently changed to where does this issue stand with that. Has anyone done it before or is it a YMMV?

H) coupons, btfe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoMmy_Of3 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 PM

RE: Can you price match AND use coupons too?

couponconvert has posted more than 100 good deals!couponconvert has posted more than 100 good deals!
I do this all the time. I believe it is standard policy. You might want to check with the manager, but it should be allowed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to couponconvert For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2011, 07:25 PM

can't resist a good contest!

My Mood/Status:
Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I do it all the time too. Price match first, then give your coupons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loveridden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 PM

about to go shopping again!

My Mood/Status:
brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
no reason not to?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Ive never had an issue doing em both
The Following User Says Thank You to DezaRay For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Same here - it's never been an issue

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsprek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 05:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tine Herd has posted more than 200 great deals!Tine Herd has posted more than 200 great deals!Tine Herd has posted more than 200 great deals!
Target gave me the same song and dance. Either OR, but not both.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!1NMMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
One cashier tells me no, but other cashiers will. I printed out the price matching policy and take it with me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Anne
The Following User Says Thank You to 1NMMom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 06:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I price match almost weekly at Walmart and ALWAYS use coupons. I've never been told I can't do both. That's odd!
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (5 years) and Grayden (3 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM

mommy_christy has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMmy_Of3 View Post
I tried to price match at Walmart and was told that I could either price match OR use a coupon and not both. I know the policy has recently changed to where does this issue stand with that. Has anyone done it before or is it a YMMV?
Do you by chance shop at one of the Burlington WM's? I was just told this last night, and I actually talked one of the customer service people into letting me see their new coupon policy. Their policy is the same as the one online, however, they also have a list of things they are asked to do...the specific one about price matching and coupons says that WM likes to be the price leader, and for them to not forget to tell customers thank you for letting them be the price leader by price matching or using coupons. It does not state that customers can use one or the other.

I have left 2 messages for the store manager, one this afternoon and again this evening. We shall see if I get a call back or not.

Over the weekend I was in there, price matched, and used coupons, and had no problems. I even talked to one of the asst. managers, and she cleared up a couple of questions that I had because of another thing I had been told by a csm. I was pleased to know that I was correct, and also that she herself shops there weekly by price matching and using coupons...in fact, she said she hardly ever buys something without a coupon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommy_christy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I am going to try it this weekend. But I have one more question.

Am I able to use a Food Lion Ad and get an item that is on sale only when I use my MVP card.

For example: Kelloggs Cereal is $1.89 with MVP card. Can I use the Food Lion Ad and get that price at Walmart?

H) coupons, btfe
The Following User Says Thank You to MoMmy_Of3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 AM

can't resist a good contest!

My Mood/Status:
Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loveridden has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't see why not. If you are going to price match stuff with local stores, some of those stores do their sales with a card. The card is usually free to get and anyone can get one. So why wouldn't you be able to price match it?
I price match at walmart all the time, it is one of the main reasons I go to Walmart so often - I can price match AND use coupons...
And yes, I price match things that you would have to use a store card for, sometimes I will get a cashier that will be like "I don't know if you can because it says you need a card..." and I just confidently say "Yes, I can, I've done it many times, and if they are still reluctant, I show them the card I have for that store ...
Last time that happened I told her yes you guys can do it, I showed her my card, and said I'd rather do it here than go there and purchase the item...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loveridden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMmy_Of3 View Post
I am going to try it this weekend. But I have one more question.

Am I able to use a Food Lion Ad and get an item that is on sale only when I use my MVP card.

For example: Kelloggs Cereal is $1.89 with MVP card. Can I use the Food Lion Ad and get that price at Walmart?
I price-match ads all the time that require a store card (Smith's - I think it's similar to Kroger?) with no problem. However, I am sometime not able to price match deals that require you to buy a certain number (for example, $10 for $10 when you buy 10), it depends on the cashier I get. I was told by a walmart manager (or MOD?) that they lose too much money if I don't actually buy all ten. Hope that made sense?
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (5 years) and Grayden (3 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
couponsam0521 has posted more than 10 good deals
Yes, you are able to price match any item as long as it is the same quantity, size, brand, etc.. if you have coupons, then make sure you do the price matching first then when all the price matching is done, then apply coupons. If you are doubling, i.e WM coupon and MQ, the WM coupon will be deducted from original price, not the ad matching price. The MQ's will deduct from the price match. So if you have a store coupon, make sure you subtract it from the total and if the price is still higher than a competitor then.. its like price matching to begin with so your not gaining any value from the store coupon. If that makes sense.. Hopefully some one can translate that for you in English. LOL
Ps. The same is true at Target.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:56 AM

mommy_christy has posted more than 10 good deals
According to corporate and my 2 of my store managers, you are able to price match and use coupons on the same items. WM prides themself on being the price leader. They want your business and will do whatever it takes to keep your business. You are allowed to price match offers like 10/$10 and only buy 1 item for $1. You are not allowed to price match a BOGO offer, or a 10/$10 when the ad you are price matching with strictly limits you to having to buy the full amount to get the deal price (meaning, that the ad would have to actually state that you had to buy the whole amount to get that price). HTH!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:05 PM

finally grass

My Mood/Status:
roxytuffybabygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!roxytuffybabygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!roxytuffybabygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
when i priced match my cvs ad which I had to have my cvs card to get the price at cvs she said they just need to see that i have a card, they dont scan it or anyting but a couple weeks ago before the policy changed they did tell me that since i had to have the card to get the price that they wouldnt match it. so i think my store finally gets part of the policy but you definitly can pricematch the ad that says you need the card it also states it in there new price match policy. just in case i would bring it with me I do anyways.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
stars409 has posted more than 1 good deal
I price match weekly at Walmart and always use coupons.