Formula Checks & Coupons!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jmpm101181 has posted more than 10 good deals
Angry Formula Checks & Coupons!!

Let's start by saying ANGRY!!!!
Just got home from Walmart. Got in an argument w/the cashier and manager after trying to use a formula check and manf. coupon. I was told no it's one or the other, can't use both - it's 2 coupons. I tried to argue my point, but was getting no where (neither were the 6 people behind me). I left angry because of that and I tried to explain that I could use a $3 gain coupon for $1.87 dryer sheets (forgot to print coupon policy). I got in the car and called the store, talked to the main manager, she said she would research and call me back. Calls back, says yes I am right about the coupon policy, she will inform her employees. BUT says I am wrong about the formula checks, it's either/or but not a coupon and a check. PLEASE tell me I am right here....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmpm101181 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 04:27 PM

RE: Formula Checks & Coupons!!

Starting a new job!

My Mood/Status:
srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!
But don't they run the formula checks through as an actual check? I remember them doing it that way when my daughter was on formula (she's 2.5 now).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to srbracelin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 PM

Have Multiple Clipped Coupons - See List below!

My Mood/Status:
velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!velviita has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
No I always use 1 check and 1 coupon. They run the check through the check machine well at least target does.

They did at walmart once refuse to take both. So I said cancel them and left all the formula there and took my checks to Target and didn't have a problem!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My WM took both formula checks and an Enfamil BOGO RR I got from WAG. The check is not suppose to be treated like a coupon but processed like cash/DC/CC. If you come across a store ad like WAG in ad Q that says 19.99 for certain brands/sizes of formula, they'd match that price plus accept a MQ/RR formula coupon and last, but not the least a formula check.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
They are SO WRONG! You can use both because the check processes differently.
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetheidi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 PM

jmpm101181 has posted more than 10 good deals
So what should I do? I knew I was right, the formula check is a form of payment not a coupon! If I understand it correctly they deposit them into the bank, not send it in for reimbursment. I tried to tell the manager that they were a form of payment and not a coupon and she says "it is not up to you how we process it"....grrrr...
Old 03-12-2011, 07:05 PM

nmhschic2004 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpm101181 View Post
So what should I do? I knew I was right, the formula check is a form of payment not a coupon! If I understand it correctly they deposit them into the bank, not send it in for reimbursment. I tried to tell the manager that they were a form of payment and not a coupon and she says "it is not up to you how we process it"....grrrr...
Your right, it is a form of payment. Walmart does run these as if your using a regular check. If i was u i would call corporate.
The Following User Says Thank You to nmhschic2004 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 11:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
wisdomiseek has posted more than 50 good deals
I work at Walmart and the formula checks are definitely run through checkreader and processed as a check has nothing to do with coupons.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
whenever I use a formula check as part of my payment, I see the cashier run it through a machine that they use to process personal checks so I know it is treated like personal checks. with that, you are free to use a competitor's coupon that says their sale price PLUS an inserts MQ, tearpad or cat/RRs from other stores specific for the brand of formula. With WMs new policy, some stores may even take high values RRs if you don't have a MQ that is formula specific.

If you have other WMs, try them and hopefully, your next trip will be uneventful.

Good luck!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dani113077 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Some of the new formula checks say Cashier Run this as a coupon, Retailer deposit this as a check. So they will just hit $5 vendor coupon then deposit it at their bank. Not all of them say this though. My local Walmart runs it as a coupon instead of a check, but one of the local grocery stores will run it as a check. YMMV-it seems like everything is YMMV nowdays wish everyone would get it together. I think AFC should get together and start a petition for all stores to have the same (awesome of course) coupon policy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dani113077 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My stores (Target and Wags) have always ran the Enfamil checks as a check but they do say "Consumer: Use as a coupon" (or something like that) on them.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
Kolibree has posted more than 100 good deals!Kolibree has posted more than 100 good deals!
Ok. I'm a grandma. Need I say more?? . Could someone please enlighten me and tell me what a formula check is?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Married to Kevin, mom to Britt, 23, and Heather, 21. Nana to Olivia, 21 months, and Dallas, 2 months. Love my grandbabies!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!MoMmy_Of3 has posted more than 300 great deals!
My WM have always said they were coupons so I was never able to use them as checks. They stated at the bottom to treat it as a coupon. So I guess each store is different

H) coupons, btfe
Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolibree View Post
Ok. I'm a grandma. Need I say more?? . Could someone please enlighten me and tell me what a formula check is?
Formula companies will send you "checks" in the mail, usually for x.xx off a can of formula that you can use at your retailer. you get these when you sign up for their loyalty/parenting programs.

I work at walmart as a csm and in the accounting office. the formula checks should be ran as checks or tendered as cash. i have always allowed a check and a coupon to be used. the checks are sent to the bank with all the other checks.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
KatieCoupon4 has posted more than 50 good deals
Walmart runs the checks through like coupons, I was only able to use one. CVS will let you use both, and the formula is the same price!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 AM

blanketyspaces has posted more than 10 good deals
depending on the formula company some of them actually have written on them to be used as a coupon and actually say you can't use a coupon in conjunction, can't remember what brand it is that says that