Ad Match Guarantee Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM

RE: Ad Match Guarantee policy

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by memma05
This may sound stupid but if they honor the price match I can still use a manufacturers coupon on the item as well correct?
Also if you don't mind I would love a copy of your spreadsheet too!
Yes they allow a MFG on a price match item.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva9430 has posted more than 1 good deal
thank you very much
Old 04-25-2011, 06:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
panda0715 has posted more than 1 good deal
So I went to walmart today to price match a BOGO and they said that there has to be a price in the ad for that item. Well all the ads where I live have no prices next to the BOGO. What up with that? So basically I can not use the BOGO at my walmart. has anyone else noticed this. So I called Cooperate to complain. I will hear back in a few days. Just a little disturbing considering it puts a big damper on getting good deals
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM

memma05 has posted more than 5 good deals
Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 07:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0715
So I went to walmart today to price match a BOGO and they said that there has to be a price in the ad for that item. Well all the ads where I live have no prices next to the BOGO. What up with that? So basically I can not use the BOGO at my walmart. has anyone else noticed this. So I called Cooperate to complain. I will hear back in a few days. Just a little disturbing considering it puts a big damper on getting good deals
Google "walmart policy 2011." I am almost certain you cant pm bogo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Have any leftover Nicorette? Help a sister out!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 PM

2012 YTD Savings 9768.64

My Mood/Status:
mswhite03 has posted more than 100 good deals!mswhite03 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Will Walmart take my Target Web Coupons ?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Illinichinky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhite03
Yes, they accept competitor q's. You can stach a store with a manufacturer as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illinichinky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM

2012 YTD Savings 9768.64

My Mood/Status:
mswhite03 has posted more than 100 good deals!mswhite03 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinichinky View Post
Yes, they accept competitor q's. You can stach a store with a manufacturer as well.
Thank you . I am still learning the ropes . I just think it is easier for me to go to Walmart then to drive an extra 20 miles to go to Target .
Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

Thank you . I am still learning the ropes . I just think it is easier for me to go to Walmart then to drive an extra 20 miles to go to Target .
I agree with you on that esepecially if the difference saved is less than the gas. Prices on barrels of petro are steadily rising...

Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 PM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!JStacklie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
The previous poster was a bit incorrect. The price match policy states that they accept competitor coupons with a stated price... For example, Safeway store Qs state Hot Pockets for $1.69. Walmart will accept that Q for price matching. They will not accept a competitor Q that states $.50 off Hot Pockets.

IMO, most Target IPs are for $ off, not a stated price, so to answer your question... Generally Target IPs are not acceptable at Walmart. HTH!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JStacklie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinichinky

Google "walmart policy 2011." I am almost certain you cant pm bogo.
You can PM BOGO if there is a stated price.

And the link to the policy is in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to JStacklie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sorry for the incorrect information. I only shop two stores in my neck of the woods. One is overly strict on certain matters and the other must be too lax.

Last edited by Illinichinky; 04-25-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 AM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinichinky
Sorry for the incorrect information. I only shop two stores in my neck of the woods. One is overly strict on certain matters and the other must be too lax.
That's why it's nice to have a very clear policy! Too many of us were soooo all over the board with how we were being treated with coupons: criminal or creative??
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM

Saving Away The Hours Today!

My Mood/Status:
FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!
I would assume that a Wags ad price for something that is $3.79 with a $2 RR back making the total price $1.79 is ok for this since their policy states "We do not honor:

* Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined." so as long as the price can be "determined" you should be good.

If what I have posted has helped you, please let me know, click "Thanks" below.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 PM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreetailTherapy
I would assume that a Wags ad price for something that is $3.79 with a $2 RR back making the total price $1.79 is ok for this since their policy states "We do not honor:

* Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined." so as long as the price can be "determined" you should be good.
The common understanding is that since Walmart doesn't accept OYNO Qs, Walmart will not PM where an OYNO is factored into the price.

However, some Walmarts do it.... So YMMV.
The Following User Says Thank You to JStacklie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 11:27 PM

ALWAYS looking for coke codes!

My Mood/Status:
heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I was at my Walmart tonight and talked to the CSM (who is a "friend" of mine there for the last year) and she said that even tho walmart corporate wont require the ads anymore that there are about 6ppl who are abusing it so our store will now REQUIRE the ad when they never have before.

I am going to fully read the policy tomorrow and print a copy to have on hand if I run into problems. Can they do that? enforce things that arent actual policy?
and Michaela(6/'10)

Stop by the
forum today!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!FreetailTherapy has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
I was at my Walmart tonight and talked to the CSM (who is a "friend" of mine there for the last year) and she said that even tho walmart corporate wont require the ads anymore that there are about 6ppl who are abusing it so our store will now REQUIRE the ad when they never have before.

I am going to fully read the policy tomorrow and print a copy to have on hand if I run into problems. Can they do that? enforce things that arent actual policy?
No, if the policy states that they do not require the ads, then they don't require the ads, BUT they only say this because they are supposed to HAVE the ads there are the CSM podium to verify any PMs. Either way, I think it is a good idea to have the ads with you. But no, they can't require you to have them, because they should have them. There is no way anyone could "abuse" it if they were doing their job and keeping their competitors sales handy. I am saying this as a former CSM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreetailTherapy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacklie View Post
The common understanding is that since Walmart doesn't accept OYNO Qs, Walmart will not PM where an OYNO is factored into the price.

However, some Walmarts do it.... So YMMV.
Makes sense, and thank you

Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 AM

ALWAYS looking for coke codes!

My Mood/Status:
heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!heather719 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
The CSM friend of mine told me its because they dont get the ads from other stores and have no way to varify it. They only ads they get are Frys. We are 30miles outside of "town". I will just make sure to have mine in case they pitch a fit about it I guess.
and Michaela(6/'10)

Stop by the
forum today!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 AM

A Follower of Christ!

My Mood/Status:
Polson1973 has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks I need this, I live too far from the big store and love to Price match them!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 PM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishann2
I haven't. I wasn't sure if I was the only one. Are we requesting it in the right place?
Pm the person that posted she had one.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
CHRISTI3313 has posted more than 10 good deals
My walmart store wouldn't let me PM the Dove deodorant (CVS price) for .99 and use the $1.00 off coupon. The manager said it's one or the other.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM

merp

_marvelous has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTI3313 View Post
My walmart store wouldn't let me PM the Dove deodorant (CVS price) for .99 and use the $1.00 off coupon. The manager said it's one or the other.
That's rubbish. I'd contact corporate if you care enough. There is nothing in the corporate policy that says it's one or the other.

Furthermore, did they just notice that the item had a coupon and a PM or did you point it out? I've found that if you mention that you want to PM and that you have a coupon, they get confused/weird. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
LDINOVO has posted more than 150 good deals!LDINOVO has posted more than 150 good deals!
Question Walmart Price Match/Coupon Policy

I've needed to refer to this several times lately, and think it would be great to have this as a sticky...[/quote]
I'm new to this website and I just had an issue at Walmart with the price match & RR's!

Noxema razors for $3.99 - $3 = .99 + I had a $2 coupon!

Explained to CSM that I would be out $2.01 if I bought it at Walmart and I thought that was the one of the whole points then of the overage because it would apply to my "basket purchase". She stated "no" and that Walgreens was the better deal and I should buy the razors there and she also said that she couldn't just give them to me for free and then give me money back!

I was floored, but I emailed the Corporate Walmart (not the store). I want an official answer. This way I won't have to deal with a manager that "just thinks I am getting something I am not paying for" or if I can't get the final price after the RR then I will just go to Walgreens.

I'll post when I get an answer! I hope it is soon!
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 AM

ISO Maruchan Yakisoba!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDINOVO View Post
I'm new to this website and I just had an issue at Walmart with the price match & RR's!

Noxema razors for $3.99 - $3 = .99 + I had a $2 coupon!

Explained to CSM that I would be out $2.01 if I bought it at Walmart and I thought that was the one of the whole points then of the overage because it would apply to my "basket purchase". She stated "no" and that Walgreens was the better deal and I should buy the razors there and she also said that she couldn't just give them to me for free and then give me money back!

I was floored, but I emailed the Corporate Walmart (not the store). I want an official answer. This way I won't have to deal with a manager that "just thinks I am getting something I am not paying for" or if I can't get the final price after the RR then I will just go to Walgreens.

I'll post when I get an answer! I hope it is soon!
Thanks!
She is correct that she should PM at the 3.99 price, not the .99 price. See previous posts in this sticky...

Walmart does not accept OYNO Qs as a viable coupon, so they do not pricematch on "gimics" that include OYNO in determining the price. However, if the .99 was the price without RR factored in, and you had a $2 Q, yes, that is acceptable and your overage would be paid out in cash or applied to your basket purchase.

I hope that helps!