Changes To WalMart Savings Catcher

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015, 07:55 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Changes to WalMart savings catcher

I got this email today.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Savings Catcher. We wanted to share with you an update on some changes to the program. Beginning February 14, 2015, we are removing some departments consisting mostly of items that do not have a like for like match at other retailers, such as produce and bakery items. Additionally, we are limiting our comparisons to offers of other mass market retailers, grocery and dollar stores, removing comparisons with drug stores.

Thanks again for using Savings Catcher and shopping with us. We are dedicated to providing customers like you with Everyday Low Prices. It's a mission we're proud of and we'll continue to work hard to deliver for you.

For details on these and other changes, please visit our Terms of Use or FAQs.

Sincerely,
Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 11:10 PM

RE: Changes to WalMart savings catcher

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
No produce...
No bakery...
No drugstores...

What an update! Savings Catcher not really showing the love on Valentine's Day.
!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 11:38 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I rely on it for the drug store deals, it's the one thing my store hassles me about. Guess we will have to add separate trips now for those items. Ugh...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 12:02 AM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm updating the FAQs and the Savings Catcher info...

Here's a little gem buried in the FAQs update:

Savings Catcher compares identical items based on an item’s Universal Product Code (UPC). In addition, these items must be identical in size, weight, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc. – even if they share the same UPC – in order to be compared.

Which means no more changing flavors, it has to be the same flavor shown in the ad. Wow!
!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 12:49 AM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
OK so their email is a little too dramatic. I don't know if Savings Catcher will stop comparing drugstores all together or not YET. I'll have to see how this plays out in the next few weeks.

There are changes in the terms of use and the FAQs that now specifically states TWO common drugstore sales prices are EXCLUDED:
-> Prices inclusive of rebates
-> Deals that are listed as available with a clearly stated manufacturer’s coupon, “on pack coupon,” or “coupon commonly found in Sunday newspaper”

Given these new updates to Savings Catcher, I would expect an update to the Ad Match Guarantee policy to also be updated shortly.
!

Last edited by ReuschHome; 02-14-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi info....

The days of pming generic to generic are numbered as well. I was told last week that i could not pm generic milk anymore. I was pi**ed!!! Pretty much each and every Walmart can independently implement whatever policy they choose as they see fit as well. Some stores limit pming to just 2 per same product, while other walmarts allow up to 10 of the same item to be pm'ed. I am seeing stricter limits being implemented. I am bracing for changes and they have not been in couponers favor. Unfortunately, this has been my experience the past two weeks. Wish i had better news.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmdspice For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 03:24 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdspice View Post
The days of pming generic to generic are numbered as well. I was told last week that i could not pm generic milk anymore. I was pi**ed!!! Pretty much each and every Walmart can independently implement whatever policy they choose as they see fit as well. Some stores limit pming to just 2 per same product, while other walmarts allow up to 10 of the same item to be pm'ed. I am seeing stricter limits being implemented. I am bracing for changes and they have not been in couponers favor. Unfortunately, this has been my experience the past two weeks. Wish i had better news.
Generic PMing has been against policy since 2012, but there were stores who continued to ignore this. And the limits are 'typical retail purchases or ONE' since November 2014; so stores interpret a typical purchase is of a specific item differently.

Walmart has taken serious strides to update its policies and YES they are getting stricter.
!
Old 02-14-2015, 03:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My Walmart never price matched CVS store...when i questioned it they said they are not on their list... their saving catcher doesn't make much sense now...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldie39 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 09:16 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuschHome
I'm updating the FAQs and the Savings Catcher info...

Here's a little gem buried in the FAQs update:

Savings Catcher compares identical items based on an item's Universal Product Code (UPC). In addition, these items must be identical in size, weight, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc. - even if they share the same UPC - in order to be compared.

Which means no more changing flavors, it has to be the same flavor shown in the ad. Wow!
However if you purchase at the store with the lower price its usually all or most flavors. Pepsi is a prime example. The ad shows plain old regular and diet but at the store in question you can get all kinds of flavors on the sale price. They simply cannot picture all options.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
However if you purchase at the store with the lower price its usually all or most flavors. Pepsi is a prime example. The ad shows plain old regular and diet but at the store in question you can get all kinds of flavors on the sale price. They simply cannot picture all options.
Yeah, flavor is a new restriction for Savings Catcher. I understand the flavor restriction on a coupon, but for an ad match?!?
!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2015, 04:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Omg!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuschHome View Post
Generic PMing has been against policy since 2012, but there were stores who continued to ignore this. And the limits are 'typical retail purchases or ONE' since November 2014; so stores interpret a typical purchase is of a specific item differently.

Walmart has taken serious strides to update its policies and YES they are getting stricter.
I had no ides that pming generic to generic was against store policy. Thank you for letting me know. The only item i ever pm generic to generic was milk which i rarely buy. Yikes!!! I am in Houston with a bunch of Walmart locations and i have yet to see any two stores with the same policy. You would think every Walmart was independently owned. I learn something new on every trip i make to Walmart. Its really up to each individual store in my observation. None of them interpret store policy the same. It is so confusing and crazy!?*!-+'!/&??&!-+:&%?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmdspice For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2015, 07:10 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
Yes, each location can be as strict or as lenient as it wants in interpreting the policies. I continue to update the FAQs according to official company policies, but really the best person to speak with is your store manager.

I have 30 Walmart stores within 25 miles of me and each and every one is different. They all 'sort of' follow the policies, but there is always one thing each does differently. Some are super strict, some are super lenient, and some knowingly violate policies.

I continue to follow the belief it is the people that make a store worth shopping, not necessarily its policies.
!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:10 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
Duplicated post. Sorry.
!

Last edited by ReuschHome; 02-16-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
tracyscup has posted more than 75 good deals!
Fyi No PM to drugstores eff 2/14/15

I received a notice from Walmart that they are restricting
their Price Match policy. Drugstores and gasoline ads
will no longer be considered.
The Following User Says Thank You to tracyscup For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM

Couponing!

westcoastcouponer has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyscup View Post
I received a notice from Walmart that they are restricting
their Price Match policy. Drugstores and gasoline ads
will no longer be considered.
Actually you got a notice saying that SAVINGS CATCHER would no longer match drug stores.
Quote:
Itís official! Walmartís Savings Catcher is no longer price matching with drugstores, including CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid. Produce and bakery items will also be excluded from Savings Catcher. Fortunately, they will still match other mass market retailers and local grocery stores. Also, Target will still be included in price matching.
The Following User Says Thank You to westcoastcouponer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2015, 01:34 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
Tracyscup,

If you have a notice from Walmart changing their ad match guarantee policy, please feel free to share the notice on this site.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:44 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
So I asked Walmart about this very thing. Here is the response I got:

Quote:
Walmart will match local competitor's ads for exact items (all things identical, description, brand, etc.) Except: Gimmick Ads (Percents off, buy one get one free ads without a specified price, you must make additional purchases to receive a discounted price, etc.). Local competition is usually a radius area around a store and is determined by the Store Manager and the Market Manager.

For more information regarding our ad matching policy, please visit Walmart Ad Match Guarantee

If you are having problems with ad matching, please contact your local store management.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
FLLDYTRKR has posted more than 75 good deals!
Savings Catcher terms have changed.
Walmart Savings Catcher
Visit Walmart.com Frequently Asked Questions My Account
Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Savings Catcher. We wanted to share with you an update on some changes to the program. Beginning February 14, 2015, we are removing some departments consisting mostly of items that do not have a like for like match at other retailers, such as produce and bakery items. Additionally, we are limiting our comparisons to offers of other mass market retailers, grocery and dollar stores, removing comparisons with drug stores.

Thanks again for using Savings Catcher and shopping with us. We are dedicated to providing customers like you with Everyday Low Prices. It's a mission we're proud of and we'll continue to work hard to deliver for you.

For details on these and other changes, please visit our Terms of Use or FAQs.

Sincerely,
Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team
Do not reply to this email. The inbox is not monitored. If you require assistance, please click here for help.
Email Marketing, Walmart.com, 850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno CA 94066
©2015 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Following User Says Thank You to FLLDYTRKR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2015, 03:51 PM

flaminmom2 has posted more than 25 good deals
I have been buying Oscar Meyer bacon at Walmart and Savings Catcher has been adjusting price for me. It is $5+ Walmart price and 2 for $7 or $8 at Walgreens ( it varies at times) . My understanding is that walmart will no longer catch these prices now because they are not including drugstores. I would like to think I am wrong but that's my understanding. Most of my savings have been die to drugstore matches.
The Following User Says Thank You to flaminmom2 For This Useful Post: