Savings Catcher

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 10:45 PM
exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Facts Savings Catcher

Something new from Walmart. You enter your receipt code and they credit you back based on local prices.

https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 PM

RE: Savings Catcher

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks! Here's where it says it is available for now

Starting March 10th - Atlanta, Charlotte and Lexington

Starting March 17th - Dallas, Huntsville, San Diego and Minneapolis

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I might actually shop at Wal-Mart if this comes to my area.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1littlemiracle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
LivLeeDavis has posted more than 150 good deals!LivLeeDavis has posted more than 150 good deals!
It's only in those listed areas. No where else.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LivLeeDavis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 02:28 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivLeeDavis
It's only in those listed areas. No where else.
For now. If it works they will expand it. Never to my town I'm sure!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 01:52 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
I saw on the news tonight they are also rolling out a grocery shop from home project, it includes your choice of pick up or delivery. Very limited areas right now.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:56 PM

buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I just gave SavingsCatcher a try. It said they received my receipt and to allow up to 3 days for processing. We'll see what happens.
I was just looking at the FAQ and it lists the stores they compare prices with. Funny thing is, every area except for Dallas includes CVS and Walgreens. Certainly we have a CVS or Walgreens on almost every corner around here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buyitlow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2014, 07:20 PM

buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I received my SavingsCatcher email back today. I earned a $3.22 credit on Energizer batteries - apparently they were on sale at Dollar General. Not bad since they are the batteries that have $10 rebate coupons for every two packs.
My original receipt totaled $63.80. The email also shows that I saved $0.43 by purchasing Raisin Bran at WM rather than Krogers.
So far so good - one of the great parts is that you don't need a smartphone - just a computer to enter the info.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyitlow
I received my SavingsCatcher email back today. I earned a $3.22 credit on Energizer batteries - apparently they were on sale at Dollar General. Not bad since they are the batteries that have $10 rebate coupons for every two packs.
My original receipt totaled $63.80. The email also shows that I saved $0.43 by purchasing Raisin Bran at WM rather than Krogers.
So far so good - one of the great parts is that you don't need a smartphone - just a computer to enter the info.
How do you actually get the money? I've also heard they pick and choose stores they will match with this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2014, 04:32 PM

xira34 has posted more than 5 good deals
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xira34 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2014, 05:55 PM

To get your funds you simply click on the Redeem button. A Walmart eGift Card is sent to the email address attached to your account. It says you can print out the barcode to use in store or you can use it online. Not sure how long it will take to arrive.
I told a co-worker about it today and she does all of her shopping at Walmart. I'm very interested in how much she'll earn.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buyitlow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2014, 07:30 PM

My eGift Card arrived already. Very easy process.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:47 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyitlow View Post
My eGift Card arrived already. Very easy process.
Wow that was quick. Now if WM would extend to other states.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:52 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
This would make my life so much easier!! Still need to do my list the same way but no more hassle over it being the right product would be awesome!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:05 AM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just an update: Walmart announced that they are extending the program nationwide.

HERE

Wal-Mart to Expand Online Savings Tool Nationwide
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. June 4, 2014 (AP)
By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO AP RETAIL WRITER
Associated Press
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is upping the ante on price matching.

The world's largest retailer said Wednesday that it's expanding its online tool that compares prices on thousands of products with those of some of its competitors to cities nationwide in the next few months.

Wal-Mart also plans to offer thousands more products, from general merchandise like TVs and shirts to veggies and other produce, on the online tool that's called Savings Catcher. And customers will also now be able to use Savings Catcher on Wal-Mart's mobile app.

The expansion comes after Wal-Mart rolled out Savings Catcher in seven markets in March, allowing customers to go to Walmart.com and compare prices of 80,000 grocery and household products at Wal-Mart with many of its competitors with physical stores. If the tool finds a lower price elsewhere, it refunds the difference to shoppers in the form of a store credit.

The discount behemoth is the latest retailer to aggressively court customers with a price-matching policy. Wal-Mart and other stores long have offered to match the lower prices of competitors. But those programs only offer to match lower prices if shoppers do the research on their own, while Savings Catcher is designed to do the legwork for customers.

Wal-Mart is expanding its price-matching tool at a time when rivals are pushing ever lower prices. Wal-Mart built its business on offering the lowest prices on staples such as milk, bread and laundry detergent. But its "every day low price" model is under attack from dollar stores, grocery stores and online retailers, including Amazon. On top of that, the retailer's primarily lower-income customers continue to struggle in the economic recovery.

Wal-Mart's U.S. discount division has recorded five consecutive quarters of declines in revenue at stores opened at least a year, a yardstick for measuring a retailer's health. The discounter also has seen a decline in the number of shoppers in its stores for sixth straight quarters.

"Savings Catcher is a brilliant move on Wal-Mart's front to combat dollar stores," said Cameron Smith, who heads up a leading recruiting firm called Cameron Smith & Associates that hires executives for suppliers of Wal-Mart. "This is what Wal-Mart should be doing —throwing down the gauntlet once and for all that they will not be beat on price."

Wal-Mart has had a price-matching strategy for several years. In 2011, it simplified the policy by making sure workers have the advertised prices of competitors on hand at the register, eliminating the need for shoppers to bring in an ad from a rival store. But unlike rivals like Target and Best Buy, Wal-Mart's policy does not match the prices of online rivals. Savings Catcher also excludes online rivals, along with store brand items, deli products, bakery and weighed items like produce and meat.

Wal-Mart says since it rolled out Savings Catcher in March in Charlotte, North Carolina, Huntsville, Alabama, Minneapolis, Lexington, Kentucky., Dallas, San Diego and Atlanta, nearly one million receipts have been processed through the tool.

Here's how it works: A customer sets up an online account, logs onto Savings Catcher and types in the number on their receipt. Savings Catcher compares prices of every item on the receipt to a database of advertised prices of competitors that's provided by an undisclosed third party. Wal-Mart's prices are matched to stores based on geographic location. Rivals include Dollar General, Target and Kroger.

Any difference in price is put on a Wal-Mart online gift card. Customers can accumulate savings or use the credit immediately.

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 05:12 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
I'm betting they found it saved them money - I know a lot of ppl create their own PM which isn't right.

I only hope that if there's a snafu the local store can/will help. For instance I PM two local stores that are VERY local, will they even be in the system? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I love the part in the article that says cashiers currently have the ads available. Not at MY stores!

Also concerned about the money. Say Pepsi goes on sale for $2.50 but WM has it for $4.58. I stock up (10+) at $2.50. So I have to wait for the extra $2.08 - plus tax I hope - to be returned.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:45 AM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
It would be nice to know the PMs so you can request them in store. Makes you wonder what third party software database WM is using.
!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 01:35 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
I'm betting they found it saved them money - I know a lot of ppl create their own PM which isn't right.

I only hope that if there's a snafu the local store can/will help. For instance I PM two local stores that are VERY local, will they even be in the system? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I love the part in the article that says cashiers currently have the ads available. Not at MY stores!

Also concerned about the money. Say Pepsi goes on sale for $2.50 but WM has it for $4.58. I stock up (10+) at $2.50. So I have to wait for the extra $2.08 - plus tax I hope - to be returned.
My local store keeps ads at the register, but only from Sunday papers (strange considering most ads start Wednesday here)
They are completely psychotic about coupons, price matching etc. If you don't have the ad they will not do it. Period. Even if you do have the ad they usually don't do it.

Stinks because its the one in my state, which means no food tax and lower sales tax. (My area sits on the line of two states, we have three Wal-Mart's in the other state in the city)

I'm guessing they are trying to create a sense of security and reduce register price matching. Probably because like you said people make things up, but also because it wastes many man hours- especially with the calls we make to corporate constantly

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2014, 11:42 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Psst!
All you Walmart shoppers!

Walmart Savings Catcher ensures you’re paying the lowest in-store prices possible at your local Walmart. The exciting news -- this program is now Nationwide!

Here’s how it works:
After making your in-store purchases at Walmart, go here and enter the TC # & date found at the bottom of your receipt. Note: You'll need to login to your walmart.com account.

Walmart Savings Catcher will compare the amount paid for each eligible item on your receipt with advertised prices at other stores in your area. If ANY item was advertised at a lower price at a competitor’s store in your area, Walmart will match that competitor's price and give you the difference in a Walmart eGift Card!

Savings Catcher does not compare the following offers:
-> Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price (example: “Buy oatmeal to get cereal for $1.”)
-> Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get a free product (example: “Buy both oatmeal & cereal to get milk for free.”)
-> Items that require a purchase to get a gift card (example: “Buy a 12 pack of paper towels to get a $5 gift card.”)
-> Buy one get one free (BOGO) deals where no item price is listed (example: Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $2.50.”)
-> Going out of business or closeout prices.
-> Percentage off (example: “All mascara, 40% off.)

Be sure to go to https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/faq to see a list of FAQ’s on the Savings Catcher program.
!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 04:11 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
I submitted a receipt. I like it bc unlike those other apps it doesn't use a picture, you type in the TC# and date.

It says I will get an email in 2-3 days. I wonder what happens if it misses something? Like if soda is on sale at Target, I have the ad, but it didn't credit me. Do call somewhere? Email? Because by the time I find out it's going to be too late to go to the store where it's on sale.

So far my store is still taking PMs at the register so this week maybe I will purposely skip one item, to see what happens.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 AM

watching tv
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!terri3000 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love this i already got money in my account just letting it add up. Thank you for posting this. I tell my husband if you have a receipt from walmart do not throw it away give it to me. Awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terri3000 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 12:48 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
It works! DH picked up a new brand because we had a MQ. Savings Catcher caught that it was on sale at Albertsons. The receipt had other PMs on it.

This is a great tool! I can feel better about splurge purchases.
!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
I didn't get any credits bc I did all the PMs at the register but I like how you can see your receipt. It only listed one other store though (showing me I got a better deal) so I hope it checks everywhere.

Is there a list of chains they match to?
Old 07-30-2014, 08:23 AM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just recently signed up, and am amazed at the little bit that is adding up. Thank you for posting.
Go ahead......
Say something!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
ummabyan has posted more than 100 good deals!ummabyan has posted more than 100 good deals!
I saw this thread and signed up. Thanks for the info!