Bad Experience At My Wags Store

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Smile134 has posted more than 25 good deals
Bad experience at my Wags store

I have a Wags store just 5 minute of walking from my house, so I desperately want to like Wags, but their cashiers are either lack of training or just plainly rude with customers. I made a trip there a week ago when there was a coupon for spend $30, get 5000 points. In the trips, my stuff was worth $32, and after using several MFR Qs, it ended up being $25. The cashier constantly told me that "you have to spend $30 after any coupon to get the points". Among the items that I picked, there was a lipstick on clearance, she did not accept my MFR Q for the lipstick and said "it's on clearance, you can't use coupon on a clearance item" and rolled her eyes. I knew what she said was wrong, but I could not pull out Wags coupon policy to argue with her or call Wags CS right there since I did not have time for that. And it was not the first time Wags cashiers handled coupon wrongly. I'm considering breaking up with Wags no matter how convenient it is for me to just walk there.

Last edited by Smile134; 05-18-2015 at 01:10 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Smile134 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 04:28 AM

RE: Bad experience at my Wags store

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
she is so wrong.. the $30 had to be after any store coupons like the IVC or the coupons in the ad. your total can be 0 if you use manu coupons.. i would talk to the manager about the cashier and the issues you had.

with the points booster i did 4 transactions and my out of pocket for each was under $5 which included tax after my coupons. so i spent a total of $18 and got back 20,000 ~ $20 in points altogether..

Working mommy to 7yr old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1yr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
Mr. Jericho(8) and Ms. River Song(4m)
and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 12:27 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!covette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ditto^! Also always get the coupon scanned 1st before you give the MFG coupons!!! It will automatically give you the points to your card w/o cashiers say so!!! Then when you get your receipt check for your points before you leave the store!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to covette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 05:54 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I encounter new "freshie" cashiers every single spring.

I've learned to be patient from April to June as the cashiers get trained.
!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2015, 03:42 PM

seattlesue has posted more than 100 good deals!seattlesue has posted more than 100 good deals!
I had the same experience and after she gave me a hard time about everything I gave her the coupons for the 5,000 points and she started on me about not having $30.....I had enough and so I just growled (JUST SCAN IT!) She did and I left without doing the other two deals I had planned. I was going to just let it go. The more I thought about the other two deal the more I got mad at myself and her so I filled out the Wags survey and let them have it. I got to the part where it asked if they could do anything to make my visit better and told them she had a badge that said pharmacy trainee and I told them to leave her in the pharmacy because she certainly didn't want to be at the register. Done venting...I guess I am still not over it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seattlesue For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2015, 08:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
You live so close to your Wags, it would be a shame for you to break up with them. At mine, I can get the manager or assistant manager involved to resolve a coupon problem, and they are totally on the side of the customer. If you have a problem and have the time to get upper management involved, it would be a good way to speed up the training of the unhelpful cashier, and get the resolution you deserve. If the manager works out your problem with the newbie cashier standing right there, she may not nit pick your transactions and coupons so much ... and you would leave there feeling validated. You really do deserve better treatment!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pgg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2015, 07:18 PM

HoneyPunk has posted more than 300 great deals!HoneyPunk has posted more than 300 great deals!HoneyPunk has posted more than 300 great deals!HoneyPunk has posted more than 300 great deals!
My managers at wags are clueless and untrained in my opinion. I have a few cashiers that try to help me because without them I probably would not shop there although it's within walking distance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoneyPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2015, 05:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
Smile134 has posted more than 25 good deals
Thanks for everyone's input! It was not the first time I had problem using coupon in this store. Let's say I have been unlucky or they are just coupon unfriendly. In the past, I always had time to ask for the store manager to check, but since I have an infant now, time is too precious to argue/wait/discuss about this. I'd rather walk 10 more minute to my CVS store and do all the deals there (less amount of time while feeling more satisfied).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smile134 For This Useful Post: