New Coupon Policy

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 AM

RE: New Coupon Policy

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaasrs
While you make a good point, I have one as well. I refuse to support the corporate nightmare that Walmart is. They're a company I really want to see lose business consistently. They're awful for our economy and society. This is why i coupon, so that I can shop anywhere except there. Now as for the dollar store, Dollar Tree is a glorious wonderland that I love. Sent from my iPad using afullcup.com
Wags most recent maneuver, an attempt to move hqtrs out of the us to avoid paying taxes is pretty lousy too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaasrs View Post
While you make a good point, I have one as well. I refuse to support the corporate nightmare that Walmart is. They're a company I really want to see lose business consistently. They're awful for our economy and society. This is why i coupon, so that I can shop anywhere except there.

Now as for the dollar store, Dollar Tree is a glorious wonderland that I love.

Sent from my iPad using afullcup.com
That's nice and all but not every one has a great DT mine for one really is small and only works with coupons 2% of the time hardly ever name brand items or the size is wrong.
I find myself shopping less at Walgreens and more at Rite aid. I really don't care for Walmart but if I have to I will put up with everything that goes with shopping in mine, For civilian store those are my choices.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
dollfangs has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
While you make a good point, I have one as well. I refuse to support the corporate nightmare that Walmart is. They're a company I really want to see lose business consistently. They're awful for our economy and society. This is why i coupon, so that I can shop anywhere except there.

Now as for the dollar store, Dollar Tree is a glorious wonderland that I love.

Just want to point out that when you say stuff like this about hoping that a company losses business, you are obviously not thinking about the real humans like myself that work for said company. Walmart has allowed me to support 2 children by myself and to put the children through college without the kids or myself having to go in debt. They have also worked with me in various times of need such as surgeries and allowing me to take a year off work when my youngest child spent 8 months in the hospital from a car wreck and then I was able to walk right back into the same job I had when I took the leave. I know that my company is not perfect and no company is but they do more good that bad. They donate millions of dollars to things such as Childrens miracle network as well as other charities. Please remember that corporations are actually places made up of many people and if the corporation losses business then the people who work there may not have a job.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dollfangs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM

Coupon Cutie

My Mood/Status:
slaasrs has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Wags most recent maneuver, an attempt to move hqtrs out of the us to avoid paying taxes is pretty lousy too.

Ugh. That has me in a personal pinch too. I'm not so sure yet what I'll do long term. Likely just not shop there.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM

Coupon Cutie

My Mood/Status:
slaasrs has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollfangs View Post
Just want to point out that when you say stuff like this about hoping that a company losses business, you are obviously not thinking about the real humans like myself that work for said company. Walmart has allowed me to support 2 children by myself and to put the children through college without the kids or myself having to go in debt. They have also worked with me in various times of need such as surgeries and allowing me to take a year off work when my youngest child spent 8 months in the hospital from a car wreck and then I was able to walk right back into the same job I had when I took the leave. I know that my company is not perfect and no company is but they do more good that bad. They donate millions of dollars to things such as Childrens miracle network as well as other charities. Please remember that corporations are actually places made up of many people and if the corporation losses business then the people who work there may not have a job.

I don't mean to be mean toward the people, but the company itself isn't one I can personally support. It'd be easier to find jobs elsewhere if they were available. But Walmart has put numerous companies out of business and cost many people their jobs with their corporate strategies.

I've dealt with sixteen customer service issues in the last eighteen months with them. That's only actually shopping there ten times. If the corporation would pay people more, and provide them better benefits, they (employees) may be a lot nicer to people which would in turn drum up business in a positive way.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollfangs View Post
I am glad that you like and have such respect for and have been so well supported by Walmart. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sam Walton. The story of how, and why, Walmart came to be is one of the best make-your-own-luck stories that I think I have ever read. I do feel like policies since SW has not had control of the company have gone downhill, for the workers (mostly, obviously there can always be exceptions), the consumer and the good of the country.

Quote:
I've dealt with sixteen customer service issues in the last eighteen months with them. That's only actually shopping there ten times. If the corporation would pay people more, and provide them better benefits, they (employees) may be a lot nicer to people which would in turn drum up business in a positive way.
The reason I rarely shop at Walmart anymore (for those rare needs a drugstore cant fill ) is because it is just so darn frustrating. If something is a great deal, you have to be on it before it hits the web or else they will just be sold out by the time I get there. And if by chance I discover the deal before others odds are fantastic that the cashier and FEM will shut me down. I can quote policy, request to speak to salaried management, etc and nothing helps. So I go home deal-less, make my complaint, get the call back a day or so later and when I go back to get the deal they are either sold out or I get shut down again. I got refused a perfectly legit deal 4 times at the exact same store, each time (except the first) was after I had made the complaint and been reassured that the FEM team was properly trained. After the 4th time, they were sold out. I requested to speak with the salaried manager and was actually allowed to that time (probably since I wasnt at the register). I explained my frustration that this was my 5th trip to purchase theseitems and they were now sold out and requested that they special order the items for me. Was told they would and that the items would be in on Friday and that I would get a call when the items were in and held at CS for me. On a whim I decided to stop in on Friday afternoon. At least some of the items were there and out on the sales floor. I purchased what was left (was actually allowed so 5th time was the charm) and decided that I would not go out of my way to do a Walmart deal ever again. If I am by one and feel like a fight I might stop in and check.

However, since I am rarely at Walmart anymore I dont really know the RR of items there. So before I might see a coupon and have a pretty good inkling that this will be a deal at Walmart, well, now I just dont know anymore. Odds are the coupons get used elsewhere before I am near a Walmart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 04:58 PM

mammycat has posted more than 5 good deals
Did you guys realize that each Walmart looses on average $10,000 per month to coupon fraud??? That may be one reason why they're picky and suspicious at the register when dealing with coupons. Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of problems with cashiers who don't know their own companies coupon policy. I just get sort of frustrated when the blame is all one sided....just sayin'
Old 09-18-2014, 03:20 PM

thomascaldwell1 has posted more than 100 good deals!thomascaldwell1 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Coupon Question @ Walgreens

I saw that Blue Diamond Almonds are B1G1 at around $4.89. I know that there is an insert coupon for $1.50/2. Can I 'buy' 1 @ $4.89 and 1 @ $0 and use a $1.50/2 or do I need to 'buy' 2 @ $4.89 and 2 @ $0 in order to use (1) $1.50/2 coupon? Thank you!!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
karizma81 has posted more than 75 good deals!
With their most recent coupon policy update you cannot apply a coupon to a "free" item so you'd have to buy 4 @ BOGO to use a 1.50/2 coupon. Stinks.
The Following User Says Thank You to karizma81 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Hi my name is Morgan & I'm addicted to Couponing..

couponcouple418 has posted more than 200 great deals!couponcouple418 has posted more than 200 great deals!couponcouple418 has posted more than 200 great deals!
With all these changes all i can think of is how drastically will this effect my Black Friday deals??!! Haha. I only shop at Walgreens once a year because I can stock up on the essentials I need for the next year with their great bf deals. However this year may not be a good. I think last year I paid about $80 for well over $400 in products from toothpaste to toys.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
karizma81 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponcouple418 View Post
With all these changes all i can think of is how drastically will this effect my Black Friday deals??!! Haha. I only shop at Walgreens once a year because I can stock up on the essentials I need for the next year with their great bf deals. However this year may not be a good. I think last year I paid about $80 for well over $400 in products from toothpaste to toys.
I did black Friday at Walgreens last year and if it's similar from year to year I don't think the coupon policy should affect things much. There were only a few products that even had coupons, most were just "free" after RR. It was a true balancing act to try and rotate RRs in transactions though!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:42 AM

Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!
So can you still stack coupons (2) on one item (one from the Wags book and another Manu Q)?
Old 08-10-2016, 03:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi0let
So can you still stack coupons (2) on one item (one from the Wags book and another Manu Q)?
Yes.