New Coupon Policy

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 11:30 PM

RE: New Coupon Policy

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I my gosh have you guys checked out thew Walgreens FB page yet.Talk about a fire storm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 12:09 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
NoahDavidFlood has posted more than 25 good deals
i'm not a big walgreens shopper. But after this and the rite aid change that you have to wait till the next day to use your up rewards..... Whats next??? Manufactures stop putting out coupons?? I swear. It will probably happen..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoahDavidFlood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2014, 06:58 AM

Somewhere buried in coupons and deals

My Mood/Status:
TaurusGirl2001 has posted more than 50 good deals
My Wags shopping has drastically declined since 12/13 . I hardly shop there anymore . I had to change pharmacies because WAGs lost their contract with BCBS. So many things have been going wrong for them. This new policy change is yet another disappointment . Although Couponers are resourceful I'm sure some loophole will occur.
The Following User Says Thank You to TaurusGirl2001 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2014, 01:16 PM

SavvyBrittany
I know this wasn't stated in the new coupon policy update...

But any word on whether the points/rewards systems have changed?

Just want to ensure that I can still earn BRs when paying with RRs and vise versa!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:17 PM

SavvyBrittany
I know this wasn't stated in the new coupon policy update...

But any word on whether the points/rewards systems have changed?

Just want to ensure that I can still earn BRs when paying with RRs and vise versa!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:01 AM

frugalmitchell has posted more than 200 great deals!frugalmitchell has posted more than 200 great deals!frugalmitchell has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvyBrittany
I know this wasn't stated in the new coupon policy update... But any word on whether the points/rewards systems have changed? Just want to ensure that I can still earn BRs when paying with RRs and vise versa!
Nope, they haven't changed. Paying with points still produces RRs and paying with RRs still produces points.

My store accepted 2 coupons on a B1G1 50% OFF sale, and the register did too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frugalmitchell For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Someone elsewhere said that they had issues with two Boost coupons on the bogo fifty percent off. Thought she had used two without an issue before.

Also hearing elsewhere that meetings are taking place over this next week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Someone elsewhere said that they had issues with two Boost coupons on the bogo fifty percent off. Thought she had used two without an issue before.

Also hearing elsewhere that meetings are taking place over this next week.
I have also read forget where,that they might be reversing the policy due to all the pressure.
The Following User Says Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2014, 08:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That would be nice. Lets hope so.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
ShoppingDivaMI has posted more than 25 good deals
Thumbs down Too much To keep track of

I am throughly confused!!!! I haven't shopped much anywhere the last few weeks but thought the policy would be updated and ceme here to check. Whoa!
First I thought the policy is poorly worded and thus confusing.I never did get any $ back and latest batch of employees woudn't adjust price of coupon down but the ones who work every other Sat night would. They were usually more flexable overall.

Ive not really tried more than one B1G1 Free coupon with a B1G1 Free promo I don't see that many of that type of Q for items I buy.
In my town Wags has the biggest selection of Vitamin brands I use(mainly what I purchase there) and I DID LIKE I could wait for a B1G1 Free Promo and use TWO MQ's (and two Store Q's if I could find them).That is what I wonder about since Rite Aid won;t take two and CVS has a very small stock and doesn't carry what I use.

I was told if I used a register reward or points to pay for a purchase I would not EARN any points or rewards and none would generate so I didn't. I had up to 30,000 pointsat one time! Now it seems even more they are asking for purchases to be split up more than before I just don't understand that!Longer slower lines ?! It can get be too much for by brain to figure out btwn ADD, chronic pain (drains energy away from brain & body), not sleeping well and if its too complicated for me I just give up and go home. I used to be able to plot/plan and chart out all my deals and Q before I went with a neat lil chart and I just can't anymore SO I;ll just go back to avoiding Wags like I did when they intro'd the card Which if the BR card tracked purchass like Rite Aid did that would at leasr be something.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I haven't shopped there in so long because they ticked me off,I didn't realize they changed coupon policies. Guess I will use up my points and go back to cvs and go more often to Target. I even stepped foot into Walmart. They have not hassled me about coupons or price matching the few times I went in.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:57 PM

tllrn1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tllrn1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tllrn1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tllrn1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tllrn1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tllrn1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Wow. I'm not huge Wags couponer, I got in with the Huggies IVC coupons a few months ago. I was able to get a few good deals on formula but since Gerber formula checks are like gold and I can't get them to save my life those deals are drying up. Policy changes like this make me half I was already planning to cash out my points next week stacked with my coupons and IVC and pick up several tubs of Good Start. I wish I had more points to cash out I've got 42,000 so $50 plus a few extra.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:26 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
So, stupid question, but...

Since the RR coupon policy state "in addition to the General Guidelines", and coupons cannot exceed the cost of an item, does this mean $7 RRs must be used on items costing more than $7?
Old 06-13-2014, 03:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuschHome View Post
So, stupid question, but...

Since the RR coupon policy state "in addition to the General Guidelines", and coupons cannot exceed the cost of an item, does this mean $7 RRs must be used on items costing more than $7?
My internet is stupid flakey right now so I am not looking up the policy on the Wags site. That's like at least 4 more clicks and would take about 10 minutes to do at the current rate. Ugh. My guess is that if the policy states it in that way they dont really mean it. I think this because I believe the RR guidelines remained unchanged and they always referenced the coupon policy. The coupon policy used to read that coupons should be reduced if they exceed an item's cost. However they NEVER marked down RRs. That would be insane, especially in the case of fillers to use an RR. We would have stopped shopping Wags years ago.

At the very least I can say that in practice this hasnt been an issue for people since the new policy has come out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2014, 07:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
jesslovessquirrels has posted more than 1 good deal
Has anyone heard anymore about a possible policy reversal?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
coupongirl0581 has posted more than 100 good deals!coupongirl0581 has posted more than 100 good deals!
New walgreens policy

I have been away of couponing for months now and I just heard about some changes in the policy ?
What exactly has chance ? TIA
Old 06-15-2014, 11:49 AM

monkey600 has posted more than 10 good deals
I've been wondering the same thing
Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
There is a post on it - titled New Coupon Policy - in the section toward the top of the forum (below the subforums) with the "Sticky" posts.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:31 PM

monkey600 has posted more than 10 good deals
I can't find it but I'm on my phone I'll have to look later
Old 06-18-2014, 07:08 AM

bolekswife

bolekswife has posted more than 1 good deal
thank you for letting me no
and 3rd save using coupons
Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess I am only upset about these new changes because 75% of Wags employees/managers did not even know their old coupon policy yet! Ughhhhhhh.. I will miss the coupons being able to be adjusted, but oh well there is always price matching at Walmart!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie333 View Post
I guess I am only upset about these new changes because 75% of Wags employees/managers did not even know their old coupon policy yet! Ughhhhhhh.. I will miss the coupons being able to be adjusted, but oh well there is always price matching at Walmart!
It doesnt seem register enforced yet since some are reporting they can still do some of the things. So its a toss up as to if it is still worth it to Wags.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:44 PM

Is loving AFC! :)

My Mood/Status:
ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ast2011 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingDivaMI View Post
I am throughly confused!!!! I haven't shopped much anywhere the last few weeks but thought the policy would be updated and ceme here to check. Whoa!
First I thought the policy is poorly worded and thus confusing.I never did get any $ back and latest batch of employees woudn't adjust price of coupon down but the ones who work every other Sat night would. They were usually more flexable overall.

Ive not really tried more than one B1G1 Free coupon with a B1G1 Free promo I don't see that many of that type of Q for items I buy.
In my town Wags has the biggest selection of Vitamin brands I use(mainly what I purchase there) and I DID LIKE I could wait for a B1G1 Free Promo and use TWO MQ's (and two Store Q's if I could find them).That is what I wonder about since Rite Aid won;t take two and CVS has a very small stock and doesn't carry what I use.

I was told if I used a register reward or points to pay for a purchase I would not EARN any points or rewards and none would generate so I didn't. I had up to 30,000 pointsat one time! Now it seems even more they are asking for purchases to be split up more than before I just don't understand that!Longer slower lines ?! It can get be too much for by brain to figure out btwn ADD, chronic pain (drains energy away from brain & body), not sleeping well and if its too complicated for me I just give up and go home. I used to be able to plot/plan and chart out all my deals and Q before I went with a neat lil chart and I just can't anymore SO I;ll just go back to avoiding Wags like I did when they intro'd the card Which if the BR card tracked purchass like Rite Aid did that would at leasr be something.
I don't know if it's just because they haven't changed it in the registers yet or what but I used my Reach tb $ 1.49RR on Colgate and still got the $2.50 RR from the Colgate deal. I hope it's not a policy change because that would make shopping at Wags a lot less lucrative and so make me less inclined to shop there. Naturally, now that I have over 7000 points built up and several RRs! Ugh!!

Busy working three jobs: mom, cashier, and couponer!

What's better than free? Well, a mm deal of course!
Old 07-25-2014, 04:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
narcolovely has posted more than 1 good deal
I love Walgreens, but they are so expensive that even after coupons I am paying the same price as I would at Walmart or the dollar store.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM

Coupon Cutie

My Mood/Status:
slaasrs has posted more than 50 good deals
New Coupon Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcolovely View Post
I love Walgreens, but they are so expensive that even after coupons I am paying the same price as I would at Walmart or the dollar store.

While you make a good point, I have one as well. I refuse to support the corporate nightmare that Walmart is. They're a company I really want to see lose business consistently. They're awful for our economy and society. This is why i coupon, so that I can shop anywhere except there.

Now as for the dollar store, Dollar Tree is a glorious wonderland that I love.

Sent from my iPad using afullcup.com
The Following User Says Thank You to slaasrs For This Useful Post: