Balance Rewards Program

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 AM
It's all about Black Friday...

My Mood/Status:
TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Balance Rewards Program

If I've missed any pertinent details, please let me know.

Fact Sheet Balance_Rewards_Fact_Sheet.pdf

Enrollment began, and will continue, online and via their mobile app from September 6-15th and we may sign up in-store starting September 16th, 2012.

Basic features include:
  • Earning points for healthy choices (Walk with Walgreens, immunizations and prescriptions (where allowed by law)
  • Points may be earned and redeemed in-store or online
  • Exclusive AARP bonus benefits
  • A very lenient expiration policy - points don't expire as long as you shop at Walgreens either in-store or online once every six months and redeem your points within three calendar years.
  • Exclusive coupon savings
  • Access to the Walgreens online pharmacy chat service 24/7/365

How Do I Join?

You can join in store at the checkout counter or any photo kiosk or online either via desktop or mobile device when the program is available. Points begin to accrue immediately.

How Do I Earn Points?

We earn them by purchasing items that earn them (see example #1). Show your Balance Rewards card, scan your mobile phone or provide your telephone number to earn points on your transaction.

OK, here's the exception. Let's say you've got 5,000 points you want to use on an item, but want to earn more points. Well, you can't.

Example Scenario #1:
1 - Nature Made Calcium $5.00
Earns 5,000
You decide to use your 5,000 points you've been saving to purchase it.
You earn nothing. You only use your saved points.

You can, however, use points to pay for items that generate a Register Reward and use Register Rewards to purchase items that earn points. The best way to save is to roll back and forth between them.

Here is the point scale:

balrew.jpg

How Many Balance Reward Items Can I Buy?

There are no limits to the number of weekly sale items you can purchase. Individual stores still reserve the right to limit you to a specific number per day. Monthly promotional items are limit one.

Do Manufacturer Coupons Affect The Total Points I'll Receive?

No. You'll receive the BR points whether you use coupons or not.

How Do I Redeem Points?

They can be redeemed immediately in-store or online or you can allow them to build for a larger reward.

Do I Have to Participate?

Unfortunately, yes. You must be a Balance Rewards member to receive the sale price.

Are there still Register Rewards?

Yes and no. The new point system will ultimately replace Register Rewards, but Walgreens will still participate in National Catalina offers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 PM

RE: Balance Rewards Program

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyMaggyMommy View Post
You decide to use your 5,000 points you've been saving to purchase it.
You earn nothing. You only use your saved points.
WHOA!!!! *screeching brakes* You can't use saved points and get points? That is not like the current RR system at all. If they completely do away with RRs and go strictly with this, that will sufficiently kill Wags for me. I wouldn't mind if it was like RRs...you got 5000 points from XYZ product, you use THOSE 5000 points to get another XYZ, you don't get another 5000 points, but to not get any points if you use the points on a different item?!?! Big mistake Wags...very big mistake. =(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

;
the Dancing Diva
11, the martial arts master
10, the lunatic
6, and one in the oven
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sunbladedrgn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM

donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!
I can't seem to wrap my brain around this! Let's say I have 5,000 points. Can I ask at the register to redeem it for $5 CASH? Or can the "reward" only be used for more stuff?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donnaval For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sun - Actually, I think it's similar to the the RR system. You can't use an RR to pay for something that generates a RR from the same manufacturer. This is the same premise - only it's a sweeping change across the board. It just won't generate new points if you use points. Period. Bah.

don - Points have a cash equivalent. That's as close as we'll ever get to calling it $$. It can be used in-store on future purchases only.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TommyMaggyMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM

shorty4014 has posted more than 50 good deals
If you pre-enroll before September 15th, you're entered in a drawing to win one million points ($1,000).

Balance Rewards | Walgreens
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shorty4014 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM

Laura86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Laura86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Laura86 has posted more than 200 great deals!
So you can never roll purchases? So if an item is $5 and gives 5000 points. I can't use 4000 points to purchase it and receieve 5000 points? I have to always pay full price for the item to get a discount on the next, or if I want a discount I won't receive another one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laura86 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 AM

donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have some RRs I'll burn this week, and then I'm staying away from Wags until fellow boardees report their experiences. This sounds horrible to me. Maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds...I'm not willing to be a guinea pig . My "loyalty" is not to Wags - my loyalty is to saving money! If they won't help me save as much money as Rite Aid and CVS do, then there's no reason to shop there anymore.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to donnaval For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 01:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!Sunbladedrgn has posted more than 300 great deals!
I stopped at the Wags near my work yesterday and the manager there told me that this program will NOT be replacing RRs at all. Now I'm not sure what to think/believe. I think the only way I'm going to end up trying the 'points' is if one of my RR items gives the bonus points.

;
the Dancing Diva
11, the martial arts master
10, the lunatic
6, and one in the oven
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunbladedrgn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
check this info from a reliable blogger,

WAG Balance rewards card information ~ updates in post #3

HTH.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
There has been some in-store discussion about corporate backing down from completely removing the RR program in the last few weeks per a letter received by mgmt. Previously, it was ultimately supposed to replace it - except the national deals. We'll have to see what happens, but based on the ad for the 16th, that certainly is what it looks like.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyMaggyMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 AM

Laura86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Laura86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Laura86 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I think this will all come down to does the value of the coupon reduce how many points you get. I am seeing conflicting information on this.

I can't see them making this the end of Walgreens. I know I get plenty of strange looks from people that I'm buying a cart full of stuff from Walgreens. I don't know anyone other than couponers that would buy a cart full at Wags considering what the normal full prices are.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laura86 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 12:46 PM

blorsbac has posted more than 10 good deals
Is there a limit on how many times you can do each deal in a week?

I haven't seen any mention of only one per card or anything like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blorsbac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
blorsbac - For now, there is no limit given for the weekly deals. Monthly deals are limited to one unless otherwise specified.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyMaggyMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM

Grounded for Life

couponing5150 has posted more than 150 good deals!couponing5150 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
There has been some in-store discussion about corporate backing down from completely removing the RR program in the last few weeks per a letter received by mgmt. Previously, it was ultimately supposed to replace it - except the national deals. We'll have to see what happens, but based on the ad for the 16th, that certainly is what it looks like.
There are RR's still with deals as far as Black Friday.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to couponing5150 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 11:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!missattitude has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Could I use RR on items that produce points and then use the points to purchase products producing RR and "roll" them back and forth?

Oh no, already found the answer...I guess i dont get any points as the RR reduce the amount to pay like a coupon :-(.

For craying out loud: who came up with this stupid new point system?! And where is the fun to use coupons if that reduces the points you earn?

Last edited by missattitude; 09-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missattitude For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 01:56 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missattitude View Post
Could I use RR on items that produce points and then use the points to purchase products producing RR and "roll" them back and forth?

Oh no, already found the answer...I guess i dont get any points as the RR reduce the amount to pay like a coupon :-(.
You're correct, they have plugged rolling, which they call looping. If you buy items that earn points and use those points for a DIFFERENT item that will also earn points, NO points will be earned. With RRs now, at least we can use it to buy a different item and we still get an RR to roll back and forth with each other.

I thought that if I redeem 5000 pts for a $5 GC, I can now use that to pay for items that earn points (I was thinking I 'laundered' the points to a 'new' GC but now I found out it is called REDEMPTION DOLLARS, not a regular GC that we buy off the rack

I'm not hanging the towel yet, I see a lot of clearance items @ my store enough for me to go back

Last edited by joshmamabear; 09-15-2012 at 02:12 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 06:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quick question, I have scanned through a few threads and haven't seen the answer forgive me i i missed it.

Are points cumulative within one purchase...?

Example
Nice Purified Water 1.99 500 balance reward points

If i buy three (the limit) do i then get 1500 points ?

Married for 4 years with a perfect baby girl
and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreenbutterfly View Post
Quick question, I have scanned through a few threads and haven't seen the answer forgive me i i missed it.

Are points cumulative within one purchase...?

Example
Nice Purified Water 1.99 500 balance reward points

If i buy three (the limit) do i then get 1500 points ?
The ad campaign says something about on the corner of....and LIMITLESS REWARDS so if they limit it they are kind of flying in the face of their own advertising.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coupid For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 AM

mommyof4kids has posted more than 300 great deals!mommyof4kids has posted more than 300 great deals!mommyof4kids has posted more than 300 great deals!mommyof4kids has posted more than 300 great deals!
They are unlimited points, so 3 waters in one transaction will earn you 1500 points. I hae done this with the id gum and it really is limitless. As far at the prevention of "looping" no you can't roll points into points but you can roll points into RR and then roll the RR back into points, which I really like. The register reward deals are not limited either, be it weekly or monthly deals. Hope this helps.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mommyof4kids For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have not used a card system like this before ... It just seems like there is always a a loop hole in things like this to me where you don't what you think you are going to I just don't want to go in expecting to get 1500 points and walk out with 500..

Married for 4 years with a perfect baby girl
and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 AM

Blessed and Loving Life!

My Mood/Status:
vhellard has posted more than 100 good deals!vhellard has posted more than 100 good deals!
Personally, I dont understand why they are doing this. From what I can tell, it just seems to make things more complicated. I want my shopping to be quick, easy and frugal and if its not going to be that, Ill take my shopping elsewhere. I hate to say that but I dont have time to figure points into my purchases and try to figure out if I use this coupon my points will only be this much and lalalalallalala. This sounds crazy to me!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just bought 3 waters this morning. I got the 1500 points. Does that mean that I can no longer get water? Or I can buy 3 more water but I just won't get the points? I'm not really sure I understand this new balance rewards yet... Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4kids View Post
They are unlimited points, so 3 waters in one transaction will earn you 1500 points. I hae done this with the id gum and it really is limitless. As far at the prevention of "looping" no you can't roll points into points but you can roll points into RR and then roll the RR back into points, which I really like. The register reward deals are not limited either, be it weekly or monthly deals. Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceemyway For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 10:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
According to the material I received, unless it's a monthly deal, you can get as many waters as you want and earn points. I don't trust it either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyMaggyMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!ceemyway has posted more than 300 great deals!
I'll have to test it out and see how it goes. I just really need the water for a bbq, but hey if I get the points -- yay!! If not, oh well

Quote:
According to the material I received, unless it's a monthly deal, you can get as many waters as you want and earn points. I don't trust it either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceemyway For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM

xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemyway
I'll have to test it out and see how it goes. I just really need the water for a bbq, but hey if I get the points -- yay!! If not, oh well
Let me know how it goes. We will be buying the water also. We go through bottled water like crazy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xoamandaleigh4 For This Useful Post: