Balance Rewards Program

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 AM

RE: Balance Rewards Program

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
Yes, if you have at least 5K pts, you can redeem $1, $2, $3 or $5 although the first 3 amounts show on the cashier's screen only. Let's say your total with tax is 1.09 and you have 5K pts, tell them you want to redeem $1, key in your zipcode and confirm redemption. You just pay .09 OOP. That was a recent change they made.

I hardly come up with trxn having $50 worth total to redeem 40K pts so I just redeem smaller amounts and pay very little or no OOP. Waiting on the next meter RR/pts deal to build up my pts again w/o any OOP.
Thank-you much better explanation than mine, I didn't realize you still had to have at least 5,000. Thank-you, good to know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barracuda For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
Thank-you much better explanation than mine, I didn't realize you still had to have at least 5,000. Thank-you, good to know.
wait...I'm not sure if 5K pts is the least total balance required to redeem smaller amounts. If anyone who has, let's say 1500 pts and allowed to redeem $1, it means the least total balance on our BR account we are allowed to cash out is 1K.

The no points earned when spending points still remain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2013, 07:52 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
crest scope oral b deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponing5150 View Post
At CVS with ECB deals you are limited to X number of items per card. If you play fair and don't have a dozen cards then you are limited by that ECB number on for the amount of product you can purchase and earn ECBs.
At Wags there is no limit to the number of transactions you can earn points or RRs on.
Hmmmmm go to CVS and get 1 or 2 of a item per card or Wags and get as many as I want????????
Tonight the register quit printing RR, after my 4th transaction, the manager said I had exceeded my limit and wouldn't give me any more free stuff. I think the RR machine was out of ink but he would not listen to me, it was getting late and I just returned the item that didn't print RR. Is this true? It just prints blank RR if you have reached your RR limit?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:02 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatinkc View Post

Tonight the register quit printing RR, after my 4th transaction, the manager said I had exceeded my limit and wouldn't give me any more free stuff. I think the RR machine was out of ink but he would not listen to me, it was getting late and I just returned the item that didn't print RR. Is this true? It just prints blank RR if you have reached your RR limit?
Sounds like you had a crabby manager :P I'm sorry to hear about that. I hate crabby managers.

Yes, I do believe the printer was out of ink. Especially if the ones you got before, the ink looks lighter.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatinkc View Post
I believe that needs a phone call to CS.
The Following User Says Thank You to barracuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 02:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thanks for the replies ladies, I knew it was out of ink but my goodness, did he really think i was gonna believe that line? I was doubting myself which is why I had to post here to find out for sure.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!
I am not getting my balanced rewards on prescriptions. Last four I picked up gave me no rewards

Anyone else have this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to lisaeb For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
kaybee0624 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kaybee0624 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kaybee0624 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kaybee0624 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kaybee0624 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kaybee0624 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaeb
I am not getting my balanced rewards on prescriptions. Last four I picked up gave me no rewards

If you have any sort of government funded program on your profile then you won't receive any points (Medicaid, Medicare, federal employee program are the ones I can think of).
Old 09-07-2013, 01:12 PM

klvlc1
It is against the law to give points for any government funded program that pays for prescriptions.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:33 PM

nina36701 has posted more than 75 good deals!
vicks, tide, charmin, tampax, always, duracell, bounty bonus points

Do I have to buy the $20 in products in one transaction? TIA
Old 10-31-2013, 05:59 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina36701 View Post
Do I have to buy the $20 in products in one transaction? TIA
YES, total should be $20 before MQs, but after any kind of WAGc. If you are also using x/xx store Q, it should be $20 after subtracting this SQ. If by chance your subtotal before tax is 19.99, you won't get the points.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 06:24 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaeb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee0624 View Post
If you have any sort of government funded program on your profile then you won't receive any points (Medicaid, Medicare, federal employee program are the ones I can think of).
Quote:
Originally Posted by klvlc1 View Post
It is against the law to give points for any government funded program that pays for prescriptions.
Also - some states (like here in NY) don't allow it either.
On the other hand, we do get 10 points per $ of non-prescription medicines purchased.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 AM

pprogram

pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pprogram has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Is there a maximum Balance Rewards that can be held?

At the beginning of the program I remember reading something about a maximum number of Balance Rewards that could be held at one time. Does anyone have new information on that level?

Thanks

ADDED: I called BR customer service and was told that there is no maximum number of points that can be in the account. "I've seem accounts with over a million points..."

Last edited by pprogram; 12-11-2013 at 02:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pprogram For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 01:55 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I haven't read all the way through. Do points expire? I swear I had more and could have used $10 but when I went to cash in, I only had 6000 points, so only $5 off.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:22 AM

Miss you Ralph!

My Mood/Status:
Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Judybats has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossamerwings View Post
I haven't read all the way through. Do points expire? I swear I had more and could have used $10 but when I went to cash in, I only had 6000 points, so only $5 off.
Yes they do expire.. he's the info from Walgreens.com

Q: Do my points expire?

A: Yes, points expire three years after they are earned or if an account has been inactive for 6 months.

Hope that helps! If you feel that you should have more points than you do, I would recommend calling CS and asking them your account history.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:23 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
did you have activity on that account in the last 6 months? this is what I gathered:

Quote:
If you don’t earn or redeem points for 6 consecutive calendar months, your membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated points will be forfeited. For active members, all points expire on a rolling 36-month (3-year) basis.
I don't hoard points to reach millions for the above reason. I start spending my balance online when I reach 80K or more. Since I don't shop @ WAG as often as I did in past years, I go there when they are giving away points like the NM and meter deals using store Qs and MQs, where I spend very little or some tax, and earn over 5x in points. I buy stuff I can only buy online and wait till they have 15 or 25 percent off codes so I can stretch my points.

If your account has not been inactive that long, try calling them and they will credit whatever points are missing after a quick check.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 08:27 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
wait...I'm not sure if 5K pts is the least total balance required to redeem smaller amounts. If anyone who has, let's say 1500 pts and allowed to redeem $1, it means the least total balance on our BR account we are allowed to cash out is 1K.

The no points earned when spending points still remain.
I tried this during a soda sale for $1 where my balance was only 3870. I told cashier I wanted to redeem $3 and I was able to, meaning as long as you have enough to cover for the amount, register will allow it (at least, this is how it is programmed at our stores).
Old 12-29-2013, 01:30 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thanks! Going to call them. Wonder if I didn't earn points when I stopped going. But most of my points were earned after that time period.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Thanks! Going to call them. Wonder if I didn't earn points when I stopped going. But most of my points were earned after that time period.
not knowing your purchase history, here's another possibility:

did you at anytime return items where you earned points? if you did, they took away points you earned from those. some people went negative balance when they returned items they earned points.Some have already spent those pts, that is how they got into negative and when they start earning new points, it may take a while before they get back into positive balance until all pts have been returned. I hope that made sense.

if you didn't make any returns of items that earned points, call the BR CS and they can trace any problems, if any. Good luck!