Register Reward Came Up As 'used'? UPDATED. NOT Used!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Am I eligible for Stop & Shop-Rite employee...

My Mood/Status:
stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Register Reward came up as 'used'? UPDATED. NOT used!

I have a pretty good stack of RR from Nature Bounty and Kotex this week. Plenty to roll into next week but figured i'd use up some of the NB $5 ones.
I got 3 packs of Pepsi, 6 packs of Gummy Bears, 1 box of Kotex, and one bag of Candy for hulu time later at work.
I had it totaled to be just over $15 and planned on using 3 of the $5 coupons along with coupons for the other items. I figured each $5 coupon would attach to a 12 pack of soda so I was ok on the items per coupon rule.
Well, one of my $5 OYNO's didn't work. I was told it appears to have been used. I always put them in my wallet. Not sure how that could be. He started to fold it up and put it away with my other ones that worked. I asked for it back and said i'd hold it to bring to the store I got it from(not that I remember). I pulled out another and used that to get my total down to $1.18 and got back a $2.50 and $3 RR.
I kept it to the side and will try again tomorrow. I'll bite the bullet on it but there is no reason it shouldn't work. How could I have gotten a used one anyway?
This ever happen to anyone else?

Last edited by stone1061; 04-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stone1061 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:58 PM

RE: Register Reward came up as 'used'? UPDATED. NOT used!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone1061 View Post
I have a pretty good stack of RR from Nature Bounty and Kotex this week. Plenty to roll into next week but figured i'd use up some of the NB $5 ones.
I got 3 packs of Pepsi, 6 packs of Gummy Bears, 1 box of Kotex, and one bag of Candy for hulu time later at work.
I had it totaled to be just over $15 and planned on using 3 of the $5 coupons along with coupons for the other items. I figured each $5 coupon would attach to a 12 pack of soda so I was ok on the items per coupon rule.
Well, one of my $5 OYNO's didn't work. I was told it appears to have been used. I always put them in my wallet. Not sure how that could be. He started to fold it up and put it away with my other ones that worked. I asked for it back and said i'd hold it to bring to the store I got it from(not that I remember). I pulled out another and used that to get my total down to $1.18 and got back a $2.50 and $3 RR.
I kept it to the side and will try again tomorrow. I'll bite the bullet on it but there is no reason it shouldn't work. How could I have gotten a used one anyway?
I've had ones that the cashier's have had to manually input the coupon code off of it because it wouldn't scan.

But I have never heard about a 'appears to be used'. They don't have unique ID's for each RR. So there's no way for him or the computer to say that it's been used.

Della
If we don't have what you are looking for, please email us and
we're more than happy to work with other groups to find you the perfect companion.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 PM

wants you to come bid on my auction!

My Mood/Status:
bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
hmmm sounds fishy to me... As Della stated they aren't unique codes. Sometimes when I have the same $ amount and one wont scan they just scan the one that worked previously. Have never heard that one before. I wonder if he was trying to keep it for himself? Did you hear a beep or anything like that?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hmmm.. That's weird. Maybe the previous cashier swapped it or this cashier is BSing
Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I really thought he would have just scanned one of the ones that worked a second time but he claimed once scanned they are voided.
It was late and not in the friendliest of neighborhoods so I just wanted to get out of there safely.
I wasn't going to pay $6.18 when it should be $1.18 if my RR worked. So I was happy that the one I pulled from my wallet scanned no problem and was on my way.
I tucked it to the side and will try it with one of my 'good' $5 RR's tomorrow and update what happens.
Have a lot more gummy bears to get!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:51 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
All the RRs produced by the same item, have the exact barcode, so I'm sure they would all have come up "used" if that were the case.

He probably couldn't scan it and the "used" excuse was the easiest one for him. I'm sure it'll scan with enough patience. Or have the cashier enter it manually next time and it should work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Take a look at my wishlist (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) and see if there are any items you have to trade. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 AM

Shopping for Bargains!

My Mood/Status:
scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sounds fishy to me. I had to do an instant return once and got back same RR I had just used and no problems "reusing it" They are all the same, some might not scan as mentioned do to ink, but have never heard of a used one. Just use it again elsewhere I would say. Keep an eye out on that cashier.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:22 AM

calculating deals...and fighting sleep...
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crackedwillow has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone1061 View Post
1. Its possible that your total before tax, was slightly below $15, which is why the q might not have worked.

2. Them "holding" your coupon, sounds more like them trying to take it instead.

3. It could have been one that didn't scan, since ink was low and it was too light.

4. There is no such thing as a "used" RR..some stores, cross them out, but the same one could be scanned dozens of times with no problem.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:55 AM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I thought I've heard it all but this one is new

RRs are like any of the inserts Qs with the same barcodes so how can register know any of it has been used previously?

I can understand if it was a Q sent out via emails INTENDED for one time redemption BY THE PERSON it was sent to. BUT this is not the case with RRs.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM

nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
never heard of such a thing...probably because it isn't true
I have had some not scan just because the ink wasn't good when printed so one of my WAGS cashiers just scans an identical one twice...so I know for a fact that they can be scanned again and no beeps and no message saying its been used before!
I'd give it a try at a different store. Sounds like he may have been pocketing your RR

Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
Used the mysterious 'used' RR today for Stayfree/skintimate/floss deal. No problems.
Thanks for all the support